Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

asterix

Educated
I know about nok-nok, didn't he do also jubilost?

He really wanted to (because of how much of a glorious dick Jubilost is), but didn't have time in the end.

Yeah, I was expecting Regongar to be an edgy faggot like Dorn but he's actually pretty cool.

Regongar is a constant presence in my party, if only 'cause his combat barks make him sound like a fucking supervillain.

Reg: DIE for me!

*Electrocutes monster into gibs*

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Now I just need to figure out a way to replace the portrait of a CNPC and change the colors of the paper doll and we're in business.

bshLjZa.png

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Now I just need to figure out a way to replace the portrait of a CNPC and change the colors of the paper doll and we're in business.

bshLjZa.png
I really wish there was a way to change portrait/appearance in game, I downloaded the portrait pack and there are some I like way more than the Lander one I picked.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Wow, it got like 8 patches in less than two weeks.

Bought an imperial edition on GOG to support the devs, now waiting for when they make the game less buggy, don't have the time to beta-test it at the moment anyway

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

can anyone explain what is happening with my bard? why does she have a 50% failure chance on a lvl 1 healing spell?

Looks like a bug. It might be a stupid question, but have you tried putting armor on and taking it off, and/or removing all equipment and see if it had any effect? I wouldn't be surprised if there's some equipment piece flagged like medium or heavy armor or some shit like that.

Or maybe she was deafened at some point and it never went away properly.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

bshLjZa.png
I really wish there was a way to change portrait/appearance in game, I downloaded the portrait pack and there are some I like way more than the Lander one I picked.
What legitimately makes me low-key angry is the fact that you can't even change the color of what you're wearing. When I originally created my character, I missed the fact that you could change the color of your clothing, and now I can't set it to something that matches my portrait.

I wish the art of valerie actually reflected her so called beauty. I cant take her seriously at all when she talks about it. Sad to think that gay options are better than straight options in this game not that I really care.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

She deliberately uglies herself up by cutting her hair, heavy armor and doesn't seem to wear any sort of makeup. She'd be a lot better looking with long hair and a flattering outfit.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I wish the art of valerie actually reflected her so called beauty. I cant take her seriously at all when she talks about it. Sad to think that gay options are better than straight options in this game not that I really care.
She uglifies herself on purpose though.

I read on Steam or Reddit that Octavia romance has a line at one point that is basically [grab tiddy to shut this bitch up], can anyone confirm if Owlcat is in fact this awesome?

deama

Prophet
Alright, after spending a week on this game, my final rating is: 6.5/10. Oh and I played on the normal difficulty, and mostly soloed it too.

The game isn't too bad, especially in the beginning, but it has some problems:
--The encounters, or mobs to be more precise, don't seem right... sometimes I'd encounter a mob that looks the same as a previous mob, but would hit harder, be tougher and would only give you like +100 exp? Also, owlbears, wtf? Apparentely the devs took some liberties with the ruleset, as stuff like owlbears were meant to be much weaker in the pathfinder ruleset, donno why the devs thought this was a good idea.

--The kingmaking part is kinda gimmicky; it just feels too disconnected from the actual game? I mean sure, there's some projects you can construct that give you a +1 morale boost on lands you own, but I was hoping more of a ... idk being able to control armies? Like invade some land and have an option to join in?

--There are some cheap parts in the game, like a dungeon that took me a day to go through, and without allowing you to return, I think that is kinda cheap, unless it's like an end game dungeon. The mobs there are also unexpectedly hard, and numerious, and don't give you that much exp in comparison to their powerlevel.

--The loading screens, the fucking loading screens, fuck you devs and your fucking loading screens!

--I'm not exactly sure why, but it's a shame they made this RTWP, I donno why, but when I played NWN1/2, I didn't mind that they were RTWP that much, but with kingmaker, I'd like it much more if it was turn based.

Last edited:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
The loading screens are indeed awful.

But...I really hope you didn't withhold criticism for POEII and the pirate ship nonsense for the same "gimmicky" reasons.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

bshLjZa.png

I think it'd be possible with using notepad++ with JSTool plugin. The saves are just archive-files with different file extension, and the actual save files inside them can be edited with text editors, given that they have the plugins for it. I looked at the saves a bit, but it's probably a bit of hassle to find correct companion from party.json as they're identified with ID-numbers.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
The thought of all the loading screens and slug-like movement is keeping me from returning to it now, guess I'll finish it after some major patch.

Still incline though. Now remove the RTWP, dammit.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

bshLjZa.png

I think it'd be possible with using notepad++ with JSTool plugin. The saves are just archive-files with different file extension, and the actual save files inside them can be edited with text editors, given that they have the plugins for it. I looked at the saves a bit, but it's probably a bit of hassle to find correct companion from party.json as they're identified with ID-numbers.
Actually, finding the correct ID for a companion is extremely simple. Just search for a weapon for which they have weapon focus. The Weapon Focus itself is "scrambled", but the weapon to which it applies is in plain-text, giving an easy indicator for whose weapon focus feat you're looking at. So if only Happynegro has Weapon Focus: Longbow, search for "Longbow".

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
The thought of all the loading screens and slug-like movement is keeping me from returning to it now, guess I'll finish it after some major patch.

The loading ain't improving. You can cave and get an SSD. It will be amazing for the first 5 loading screens. Then it's straight back to fuck this shit. Now, what about these fucking book pictures they show DURING THE FUCKING LOADING SCREEN. YOU COULD WALK AROUND IN THOSE. THIS IS INSANITY.
fucking bullshit

Thonius

Arcane

The loading ain't improving. You can cave and get an SSD. It will be amazing for the first 5 loading screens. Then it's straight back to fuck this shit. Now, what about these fucking book pictures they show DURING THE FUCKING LOADING SCREEN. YOU COULD WALK AROUND IN THOSE. THIS IS INSANITY.
fucking bullshit
Unity sucks man.... all packed and shiet

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite

bshLjZa.png

Wow, can you post separate images, please.

As much as I researched every character you created have special folder with number as name where stored portraits for this character, C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Kingmaker\*Portraits number generated by game* Game even told you full path for this folder during choosing portrait. You can replace your portraits in this folder and your portrait in game will be different. You should doing it when game isn't launched though and don't forget to backup saves because I tested it (and this works) but I had only one save.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

bshLjZa.png

Wow, can you post separate images, please.
I actually posted all the portraits in an archive earlier in the thread, but sure.

lHKs1BK.png

xClsQzE.png
As much as I researched every character you created have special folder with number as name where stored portraits for this character, C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Kingmaker\*Portraits number generated by game* Game even told you full path for this folder during choosing portrait. You can replace your portraits in this folder and your portrait in game will be different. You should doing it when game isn't launched though and don't forget to backup saves because I tested it (and this works) but I had only one save.
That is crazy good to know. Thanks a lot.

Edit: Nevermind. I can confirm that I have no such folder.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
My Paladin met the Half Orc and Comrade who said he is lot less annoying than Octavia are right; He has sense of humor, is not whiner despite being ex slave putting hopefully the ''I am so unfortunate to be born in noble family and be pretty'' snowflake to shame and and he generally speaks the sense like suggesting to just exterminate monsters or kill the slaver mage... but his pointy ear ho on the others side... I wish there were gags in this game.

Would give 10/10 if he not tried to bang my Paladin, but he did takes a no without drama and even wants to share not only his booze but his cumdump too. Best companion in game so far.

:5/5::4/5:/:5/5::5/5:

Also must say I love how Judge Dread Lawful Good Dialogue options are making neutral good some kind of boy scout in comparison. :incline:
I see that You decided to go with a Paladin after all, not Crusader. What's your build?

STR 18 Dex 12 CON 16 INT 12 WIS 7 CHA 16 Aasimar with Angel blood and Paladin class using 2 hander Warhammer and longsword/Heavy shield. Nothing great but found cool picture for him and as I said RP LG is actually fun here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom