Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2 OC was not bad as people make it out

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
I always thought nwn 2 was designed for autistic downsyndrom nerds

How can any normal well adjusted human listen to dialogue like that after the age of 12? I don't even remember the names of the dwarf or druid but they were just as fucking annoying or I would of posted them too.

Cael

Arcane
What offend me about Neeshka is her leather armor! Would you just look at that!
Use the succubus outfit on her. There is a mod lying around that gives you access to all outfits. It even has a hole for her tail.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Nicely detailed city adventure, good c&c in little and big things, probably best level spread for a module, bit obvious and formulaic plot especially if you know owt about Westgate, solid outing really.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Love me some Neeshka!!!

Was always extremely disappointed the romance option was boring elf girl druid instead of hot sexy exciting and funny manic pixie tiefling Neeshka! :rage:

NWN2 >>> PoE 1 and 2, btw, though I know that's hardly an accomplishment.

How can any normal well adjusted human listen to dialogue like that after the age of 12? I don't even remember the names of the dwarf or druid but they were just as fucking annoying or I would of posted them too.

to be fair i think i was literally 12 when I played nwn2 so I liked the game

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted

to be fair i think i was literally 12 when I played nwn2 so I liked the game

That's fair enough, I wasn't super old when I played NWN 2(and I played it on release) maybe 18 or so but man the dialogue in that game was so cringe worthy for me.

Beastro

Arcane
Couldn't agree more. So many devs these days keep rambling "muh playtime, muh size, muh quantity" that they either don't know or don't care about the quality of the stuff that's already there. Take a look at why Gothic 2 is better than Elex (or more to the point, better than Morrowind) and you'll see what I mean.

I blame hacky mainstream gaming sites like Gamespot that give filth like fo4 high praise because "teh warld iz beeg".

Issue is trying to find that spot where you undercut the player leaving them wanting more without the game literally being short.

One that came to mind is Blood Omen 1. Around the 2/3 mark I was wishing I still had 3/4s of the game left to play given how quickly the story goes at that point.

Beastro

Arcane
Except, you know, Gann knows the gods exist, it's not atheism. He just chooses not to worship any one of them. There is also nothing post-modern about Kaelyn, she's that only if you don't know what postmodernism is.

She's Christopher Hichens.

Atheists and antitheists are often one and the same, but their definitions are very different.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
She's Christopher Hichens.

Atheists and antitheists are often one and the same, but their definitions are very different.

She's neither an atheist nor an antitheist, so no idea what you mean. Unless you mean Gann, who is a man. He might be called an antitheist, sure, but the two aren't as interchangeable as you make them out to be, especially in the context of the game.

Mikeal

Arcane
Love me some Neeshka!!!

Was always extremely disappointed the romance option was boring elf girl druid instead of hot sexy exciting and funny manic pixie tiefling Neeshka! :rage:

Everybody know that true bae is Qara.

Neeshka's heritage was pretty intriguing I thought. As was Mephasm.

Before Obsidian cut some stuff her and Mephasm heritage was important plot point, that could change events in Jerro's hideout.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Way better than PoE or D:OS or Numanuma dialog.

Never played numabumba, never played D OS

POE has better dialogue from what I remember, I remember it being bland not fucking annoying(I quit that game like 3-4 hours in so if it got worse after that I don't know).

Cael

Arcane
Love me some Neeshka!!!

Everybody know that true bae is Qara.

Neeshka's heritage was pretty intriguing I thought. As was Mephasm.

Before Obsidian cut some stuff her and Mephasm heritage was important plot point, that could change events in Jerro's hideout.
Before Obsidian cut stuff, Neeshka was a romance option. That's why she is so bitchy towards Shandra and Elanee at the beginning when they joined the party.

Beastro

Arcane
She's neither an atheist nor an antitheist, so no idea what you mean. Unless you mean Gann, who is a man. He might be called an antitheist, sure, but the two aren't as interchangeable as you make them out to be, especially in the context of the game.

Yeah I mixed em up given that I've never played the game before.

As for the latter bit, yes I know they aren't interchangeable, but when it often comes to many atheists, typically the very outspoken, they do the Hitchens routine of saying they'd oppose God if tangible evidence of conclusively proved His existence.

Terelyn

Literate
What is worse is the 'zombie infestation in a city district' plot that has been rehashed in so many fucking CRPGs that it is a permanent shitstain on the overall plot of the game. It is in Baldurs gate, NWN and even fucking POE!

That's a very specific scenario. From what i can remember, it has only been rehashed in PoE. It's not a well-known formula in CRPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom