Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Because it's a conservative political podcast, and these guys are that way inclined, there is an entire section where they talk about the gendered nature of play and have a bit of a discussion about it, and the end is just 10 minutes of attacking a recent minimum alcohol pricing bill that came in during the week. I'd actually listen to a regular game review thing from them, although I think this is just a 'fuck it, we'll talk about something different this Friday', and so this is probably it on that front.
I really enjoyed it too, and probably because (At least one of them I remember brought it up, dunno about the other) they're old fart conservatives they didn't once screech about SJW soyboy cucks shoving things down their supple unwilling throats. Possibly also because they aren't kwan. The stuff they brought up was discussed reasonably and even though only one of them even played it at all it was a good listen since it was just a couple of dudes sitting around talking about a game without getting too far up their own asses. Goood shit, just wish I wasn't holding back and waiting for the magic item bug to get fixed so I could dive in. Have to admit I had less problems with Troika games at launch, but I've played 30 hours so far and despite pumping the breaks due to bugs I still seriously fucking want to play more.
And as a quick tangent since it just came to mind, I liked how he brought up the C&C with the timed quests in there. Both the ones with big obvious listed timers and the ones that don't have big obvious timers but are still counting time anyway.

so gog has 1.06 patch out.

does this break any major shit?
Apparently all magic item bonuses/maluses add up as you save load. So load into your game and your +2 sword is giving +2, then load and +4, then load and +6, etc. Haven't seen it myself but since I've seen it in here a bit I'm taking it on faith since given everything's Owlcat's shown for their quality control for patches I wouldn't be fucking surprised.

Xeon

Augur
Maybe eventually they will decide to add respec to fix any bugs related to characters stats or something.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Anyone found a way to use Kingmaker on PC with two monitors and that it does not minimize when you click on 2nd monitor?
In graphical options I have it on fullscreen windowed but it still minimizes everytime.. this is not what happens in other games that offer fullscreen windowed.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I just hope it's selling well enough that they'll be around to fix it.
The absolute state of codex cucks : reward the worst of the worst sort of dev that release unplayable games under the guise of a finished product even after having learned how badly they've fucked up.

The cuck doesn't take it as a lesson to avoid buying during the first few weeks of release but rather wants to double down on giving one's earned money to support incompetence.

Aemar

Arcane
Didn't happen to me. Haven't experienced any crashes so far, despite the game running on an average computer.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Luckmann

FYI you can change outfit colors in this game.

0WUGw9M.jpg
Yeah, during creation. Which is exactly what I explicitly said was the issue, that I missed that the first time around, and now (that is, when the game has started, implied) that is no longer possible.
Maybe eventually they will decide to add respec to fix any bugs related to characters stats or something.
Let's hope not, but given how they've already shown to prioritize being liked over making a good game, I'd be surprised if the retard-brigade doesn't get their "press here to undo every choice made" at some point.

Codex Year of the Donut
Luckmann

FYI you can change outfit colors in this game.

0WUGw9M.jpg
Yeah, during creation. Which is exactly what I explicitly said was the issue, that I missed that the first time around, and now (that is, when the game has started, implied) that is no longer possible.
Let's hope not, but given how they've already shown to prioritize being liked over making a good game, I'd be surprised if the retard-brigade doesn't get their "press here to undo every choice made" at some point.
if you don't like respeccing you could just not use it
I really don't understand why people get so butthurt about things like this being in games.

L'Montes

Educated
I just hope it's selling well enough that they'll be around to fix it.
The absolute state of codex cucks : reward the worst of the worst sort of dev that release unplayable games under the guise of a finished product even after having learned how badly they've fucked up.

The cuck doesn't take it as a lesson to avoid buying during the first few weeks of release but rather wants to double down on giving one's earned money to support incompetence.

I said that in the context of the game needing a lot of work, but basically enjoying what they've made.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of devs releasing half-baked games, however, I can look at a game and see potential for something better. You can only jerk off over old games you already beat so many times.

Developers' reach exceeding their grasp is a recurring problem with RPGs in particular, and I think people have already mentioned a lot of examples in this thread. The legacy of half-finished or buggy games can be an interesting, be it Vampire the Masquerade or Knights of the Old Republic 2 types of shit.

I think, given the choice, I'd rather Troika had stayed around long enough to patch their own game instead of having fans do it over the course of over a decade. The same is true here. I hope they make enough money that they fix their damn game. It's a self-interest thing.

Though on a related note, I didn't pay for the game (playing it legally though).

Sentinel

Arcane
Dunno if anyone has this problem, but despite them claiming that "graphic settings being reset on every boot" was fixed, it seems to me they only cosmetically fixed it. By that I mean, the options still appear as I last left them, except not really because I'm seeing the game behave as if they were in default settings.

Example: The game defaults HBAO to Medium for me. This puts my GPU at 100% usage during the main menu and gives me like 30fps in the main menu. Whenever I turn it to low, usage drops to 30% and FPS is at stable 60. Today I booted up the game for the first time since 1.0.3 and I noticed that HBAO was on low, except not really. My GPU was at 100% usage and fps on the 20s-30s in the main menu. I set HBAO to medium and back to low, and the problem was fixed.

Nice job OwlCat.

haderlump

Literate
I got and installed SSD today, the loading speed improvement is there but very underwhelming. Certainly not what I'd have hoped from a device that is almost three times faster than my hd.

If you think about getting a SSD just for this game and are short on money, maybe don't.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I really don't understand why people get so butthurt about things like this being in games.
Because it changes basic game assumptions and the mechanical-narrative interaction that should exist, you decline-enabling paste-eater. It's like people saying "if you don't like fast travel, don't use it" or "if you don't like the quest compass, don't use it", but it changes the underlying meta of the game and it's design.

I really don't understand why people are too retarded to understand things like this when it comes to games.

Codex Year of the Donut
Because it changes basic game assumptions and the mechanical-narrative interaction that should exist, you decline-enabling paste-eater. It's like people saying "if you don't like fast travel, don't use it" or "if you don't like the quest compass, don't use it", but it changes the underlying meta of the game and it's design.

I really don't understand why people are too retarded to understand things like this when it comes to games.

There's options to disable all the difficulty already. You seem incapable of allowing other people to play the games they purchased the way they want to, so it's for the best that you just uninstall right now.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Fuck. Just checked. I've changed graphic settings on first launch right after release and never bothered again. It reverted to low quality. So i'm playing on low from the start...

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

There's options to disable all the difficulty already. You seem incapable of allowing other people to play the games they purchased the way they want to, so it's for the best that you just uninstall right now.
It's not a difficulty issue you paste-eating piece of shit, and nothing I said implied that it was. Games come with certain design elements that change how they are played and affects how the game is made . If you don't understand something as simple as that, you should just uninstall yourself right now.

Codex Year of the Donut

It's not a difficulty issue you paste-eating piece of shit, and nothing I said implied that it was. Games come with certain design elements that change how they are played and affects how the game is made . If you don't understand something as simple as that, you should just uninstall yourself right now.
as we all know, adding an option to simply reset your character to level 1 will completely change the entire design of the game

I can't imagine being as retarded as you

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
as we all know, adding an option to simply reset your character to level 1 will completely change the entire design of the game

Again, not what I said, but since you seem to sustain yourself entirely on a diet of paste and huffing glue, I'll just assume that you're too fucking damaged for basic reading comprehension.

Codex Year of the Donut

Again, not what I said, but since you seem to sustain yourself entirely on a diet of paste and huffing glue, I'll just assume that you're too fucking damaged for basic reading comprehension.
"heh I may have lost the argument but AD HOMINEM!"
nice one

Cael

Arcane
Let's see... I'll be a sword and board Fighter with high AC through the first part of the game. The fights would be boring, but since the enemy can't hit me, I am assured of a win, basically.

Then I will respec into a Power attacking, Greatsword wielding Barbarian, because in the low-mid levels, hitting things really, REALLY hard will end things faster and minimise the damage taken.

Then, I will respec into a Wizard at the mid-levels, because, dude, have you seen the power curve difference at this stage???

Yeah. That is totally how a cRPG game should be played.

:happytrollboy:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom