Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
First good longsword is
act IV where you search for 3 witches. Its +2 adamantite with extra +2 if you rage. Then you can buy +4 weapons, and I found +4 sword that gives some protection from mind effects.

Arguably the most common basic weapon is Heavy Mace, I had all the variants of it, from basic to elemental, +3 and +5.

Also 150 hours into the game I finally found unique +4 bastard sword lol.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Don't forget to vote, fags, in case you missed the edit I did to my post earlier: https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/1730963192543650673/
Dear Pathfinders,
Many of you have asked us to add more character portraits in the game – and we hear you loud and clear! In the upcoming weeks, we are going to release a free DLC pack with a couple of new character portraits. To make the most out of it, we decided to ask you: which portraits would you like to see in the upcoming free DLC?
We have set up a poll consisting of three parts. Firstly, you can vote on the gender and race of those depicted in the portraits. Secondly, you can vote on their class. Finally, you can also add a description of the portrait of your dream for our artists to read and draw inspiration from!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdlbVbzpejWIDL-97k_yZD7Te7wt2KEQqXdKPYeaWfn1UCjTg/viewform
Unfortunately it's not possible to vote for tiefling waifu-bait.

Wait no good long swords in game?
I found a Keen Longsword +1 during Chapter 2.
In the Dwarven Fort/Troll Lair.
I've also found several Longsword +1.

I think the game was supposed to have an itemization pass, but it seems like it never had, before it was pushed out of the gate, meaning that some weapons are clearly prioritized over others, while certain weapons are simply missing (such as Darts).

I'm still pissed that there are no slings, but at least there's nothing vestigial relating to slings either.

Efe

Erudite
they don't allow you to plan your character without resorting to outside sources or just cheating a characters xp.
i cant see see what feats are available at which level. I cant even clearly see previous choices i made on level up screen (especially with feats with subchoices). cant see what abilities a prestige class has and what it grants without qualifying for it.
so yes, either respec or they improve this chargen, add a planner or make a chargen website for it that has exact rules and options as the game..

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdlbVbzpejWIDL-97k_yZD7Te7wt2KEQqXdKPYeaWfn1UCjTg/viewform

Vote for the new portraits
Dear Pathfinders,
Many of you have asked us to add more character portraits in the game – and we hear you loud and clear! In the upcoming weeks, we are going to release a free DLC pack with a couple of new character portraits. To make the most out of it, we decided to ask you: which portraits would you like to see in the upcoming free DLC?
We have set up a poll consisting of three parts. Firstly, you can vote on the gender and race of those depicted in the portraits. Secondly, you can vote on their class. Finally, you can also add a description of the portrait of your dream for our artists to read and draw inspiration from!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I think the game was supposed to have an itemization pass, but it seems like it never had, before it was pushed out of the gate, meaning that some weapons are clearly prioritized over others, while certain weapons are simply missing (such as Darts).

I'm still pissed that there are no slings, but at least there's nothing vestigial relating to slings either.
Come on mate,the variety of good weapons is pretty good,leagues above poe. Also who the fuck uses darts?! They are super unrealistic and lame. Also i too miss the slings,sling staff look as stupid as darts.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I think I will unistall it and wait for a month or so.

And then I will return to get some dryad pusseeeEEEY! That's totally going to happen, right? There's no way it can be a...

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Last edited:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Respeccing the feats etc would be fine IMO, you might pick up weapon which doesn't have really any good weapons as loot or in the stores, or taking feats which doesn't work etc. Didn't respeccing work like that in PoE?
As some other people mentioned, the ability to retrain some feats does exist in Pathfinder afaik, certainly at least for the fighter feats. But it doesn't seem to be implemented in P:K game.

For all those people who want to "wait a month" - I strongly suggest not to have high expectations for what will be done to the game in just one month. IF the devs keep working on it then maybe, and I repeat - maybe, in half a year it will be mostly cleared of the big bugs. In a month they wont be able to even clear the kitchen and they'll probably bring several new varieties of bugs to the house as well in the process.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
PoE1 also had the same stat bug upon reloading.

Probably has to do with how Unity handles those things, I wouldn't be surprised if other unity games have had similar problems with saving and loading.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Can they even fix this disaster without having to reload an older save? I mean, it doesnt seem to matter if you remove the items, the stats still remain fucked up, so can they fix it without making an even bigger mess?

Incendax

Augur
Respec should definitely be in the game.
Some of the rules are not the same in Kingmaker as Pathfinder.
Some of the choices you can make have no game support.
Pathfinder already has retraining.
And it’s just plain fun.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
romanz used slings and darts to great effect
2756631_orig.jpg

they were cheap, easily accessible and quite deadly, though I do agree that slings and dart throwing aren't exactly the type of specialization a dnd adventurer would go for, seems like they'd be more likely to know how to use a bow than a sling or a dart.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
also respec should be in the game but only because retards ask for it and unfortunately it is retards that dictate the success of games. you should see the large amount of complaints about this on steam forums/YT comments. from a business perspective respec absolutely should be in the game because if it isn't then retards cry because they're retards.

Codex Year of the Donut
also respec should be in the game but only because retards ask for it and unfortunately it is retards that dictate the success of games. you should see the large amount of complaints about this on steam forums/YT comments. from a business perspective respec absolutely should be in the game because if it isn't then retards cry because they're retards.
people would rather the game be a financial failure than be forced through the absolute horror of there being things they don't like(but can ignore) in a videogame

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Come on mate,the variety of good weapons is pretty good,leagues above poe. Also who the fuck uses darts?! They are super unrealistic and lame. Also i too miss the slings,sling staff look as stupid as darts.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't actually want to use darts, I want to use slings. It's just that currently, the game presents darts as an option and.. well.. they're not. Darts were obviously planned, but nothing suggests that slings were actually planned - unfortunately.
I disagree. Let the retards cry, because the retards don't understand how respec affects the game. The retards will buy the game because it's a good game, regardless of whether it has respec or not. Their whining in this regard is inconsequential; nobody buys or does not buy a game based on respec being in it or not.

They buy it based on whether the game is good or not, and respec would objectively make it worse.
people would rather the game be a financial failure than be forced through the absolute horror of there being things they don't like(but can ignore) in a videogame
You cannot ignore the "game design" portion of a game that has been designed (i.e. all of them). At first I thought you were just trying to reframe due to a lack of arguments, but I'm starting to realize that what you spout is what you genuinely believe to be the positions taken by people, making you a Grade A retard.

bataille

Arcane
So, tomorrow I finally get a chance to play again. I'm currently right after the noble hunt event. Can anyone estimate how long it is until gamestopping awfulness starts appearing?

Cael

Arcane

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't actually want to use darts, I want to use slings. It's just that currently, the game presents darts as an option and.. well.. they're not. Darts were obviously planned, but nothing suggests that slings were actually planned - unfortunately.
Slings in 3.5 is pretty hilariously broken, especially for fighters, in the early levels. A longbow does 1d8 damage, and good luck you getting one right from the start. A sling does 1d4+Str bonus. If you have a Strength of 14, you are, on average, even with a longbow. Any higher and it is actually better to fling pebbles than put an arrow through someone. And that is before we start talking cost difference, a major thing at level 1 :D

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Slings in 3.5 is pretty hilariously broken, especially for fighters, in the early levels. A longbow does 1d8 damage, and good luck you getting one right from the start. A sling does 1d4+Str bonus. If you have a Strength of 14, you are, on average, even with a longbow. Any higher and it is actually better to fling pebbles than put an arrow through someone. And that is before we start talking cost difference, a major thing at level 1 :D
This is especially true since Arrow enchantments do not stack with Bow enchantments in 3.5, meaning that magic arrows are already overpriced for what they do (since they need to be at least +1 to have any other magic on them, the same being true for a bow). The overwhelmingly vast majority of the time, the bow will be magical, but the arrows will not.

Pebbles, though? Fucking everywhere, and listed as free. Aww yiiis.
Did anyone here found a way to edit events or time needed for their completion?
Cheat engine. There's a table that can do it. Or could. I guess it's possible that some patch broke it.

Incendax

Augur
They buy it based on whether the game is good or not, and respec would objectively make it worse.
Is your game worse because you can fix a character built around thrown weapons or spears?
Is your game worse because several spells are in the wrong school, and you now you can't cast them?
Is your game worse because you got +120401 to Hit and Damage, and want to fix it? (This is a real bug)
Is your game worse because you are having more fun with respec than without it?

The answer to all of these is "No."

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Respeccing the feats etc would be fine IMO, you might pick up weapon which doesn't have really any good weapons as loot or in the stores, or taking feats which doesn't work etc. Didn't respeccing work like that in PoE?
As some other people mentioned, the ability to retrain some feats does exist in Pathfinder afaik, certainly at least for the fighter feats. But it doesn't seem to be implemented in P:K game.

For all those people who want to "wait a month" - I strongly suggest not to have high expectations for what will be done to the game in just one month. IF the devs keep working on it then maybe, and I repeat - maybe, in half a year it will be mostly cleared of the big bugs. In a month they wont be able to even clear the kitchen and they'll probably bring several new varieties of bugs to the house as well in the process.
I would say that the game is probably "out of beta" and has a "release candidate" around Christmas.
Is your game worse because you can fix a character built around thrown weapons or spears?
Is your game worse because several spells are in the wrong school, and you now you can't cast them?
Is your game worse because you got +120401 to Hit and Damage, and want to fix it? (This is a real bug)
Is your game worse because you are having more fun with respec than without it?

The answer to all of these is "No."
The answer to all of those are also irrelevant to the discussion.

Mortmal

Arcane
So, tomorrow I finally get a chance to play again. I'm currently right after the noble hunt event. Can anyone estimate how long it is until gamestopping awfulness starts appearing?
NO , since you rate my post "old", you go find the info yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom