Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page for The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon:

Some of my favorite parts in the story was when those two knuckleheads got together, so sure, why not some more of that? Looking forward to second run, as not so good a christian as first time.

cruel

Cipher
40% off on steam right now, sale ends in 38h. Best price since the game was released as far as I know.

vota DC

Augur
I started to play as no lockpick and no stealing character, still looting criminals that attack me is a crime on stats seems a bug. I am using the bow despite ranged is for cowards but only against animals because they flee to fast

Have to say, Capon's character surprised me. At first, I wanted to stab him in the eyeballs, but in the end he turned out to be a bro.
He gifted me a bow, but for being a minor age apoiled brat he is a good guy from the start: when he feels offended by my "easy promotion" he just asks for challenges while my friends from skalika shoveled manure in group against the German's house.

SlamDunk

Arcane
informative.png

"How (not) to design, plan and develop a game when you are a megalomaniac."

Last year's presentation, now published.

EDIT: Another one, from Viktor Bocan.

"A talk about fundamental challenges in designing game mechanics."

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Half of the sales was probably due to anti-SJW grassroots fervor. There was a tremendous word-of-mouth hype after launch, I remember the biggest streamers and Youtubers saying stuff like "I've no idea what this game is but a lot of you are bombarding me with requests so we're gonna play it." That way it skyrocketed to all the "Most Watched" or "Featured" lists on Twitch, Youtube and elsewhere, hence a huge kick in the sales, hence leading spots on the bestseller list on Steam, hence even more sales.

Go woke, go broke. Go based, go....uh, rich. That's all I got.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How is the state of the game in regards to bugs right now? I remember talk about some really nasty issues shortly after release.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
How is the state of the game in regards to bugs right now? I remember talk about some really nasty issues shortly after release.

Most were patched out long ago but in a game like this there's always something cropping up. This game was never really broken or unplayable, I played it for about 30 hours right after launch and it was a p. smooth sailing. There were some graphical glitches and clipping but nothing gamebreaking. The most annoying thing was the bad texture buffering (you came into a city and it took a few seconds for the building textures to pop up). I think that's long gone tho.

If you feel like playing I'd wait for the new DLC, it's supposed to come with a major 1.7 patch. Should be out within a few weeks.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
You can also buy it right now from GOG for 21.59€ and save it for later, and buy the DLC when it releases.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
I'm on my first playthrough now and haven't encountered anything major. No CTD's or unfinishable quests, just some minor bugs and unpolished things like clothing clipping or AI walking against an obstacle.

vota DC

Augur
It is possible to finish the game as an honest illiterate?
I need to interrogate the prisoner at merhojed but he is locked, if I choose to cure the village then nicodemus always says plague but the prisoner dies and looting his letter is a crime.

I'm on my first playthrough now and haven't encountered anything major. No CTD's or unfinishable quests, just some minor bugs and unpolished things like clothing clipping or AI walking against an obstacle.

All the typical bugs you generally see in "polished" sandbox games from big publishers that don't get their review scores lowered because of "bugs". I'd even say your average AssCreed is a clunkier game. Some badly placed checkpoints in game gave me way more annoyance than any bugs.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
All the typical bugs you generally see in "polished" sandbox games from big publishers that don't get their review scores lowered because of "bugs".

This. A few years ago Skyrim Remastered came out with some of the same bugs that were in the vanilla. One of the major ones broke my playthrough last year. You think anyone lowered the game's score because of that?

Witcher 3 was also buggy when it came out, I remember the forum bursting in seams with people demanding hotfixes RITE NAO because they couldn't play. I was one of them, I couldn't level up and it took them 2 weeks to fix it. Nobody remembers now because the press didn't pick on it at all. AssCreed Origins was buggy and it was mentioned in a few reviews but only as an amusing aside.

Ultimately I don't shit on any devs because of bugs. There's simply no way to smooth out all rough edges in a huge open-world RPG without "beta testing" it on millions of players first. Either we'll have them somewhat buggy at launch or we won't have them at all. And the fact game like KCD even came out is a small miracle, to forgive a few bugs is the absolute least I can do.

vota DC

Augur
It is possible to finish the game as an honest illiterate?
I need to interrogate the prisoner at merhojed but he is locked, if I choose to cure the village then nicodemus always says plague but the prisoner dies and looting his letter is a crime.

Being honest is impossible even with reading skill?
I can choke the prisoner when he is still alive. I am not more a looter but still a thief because the key is worth 0.1. Funny I never bought armor but just choked bandits and wasn't a crime.
I reloaded older save and cheated a little using the remedy for water poisoning that I am supposed to know only if I read. Everyone is happy and healed, the prisoner spoke and said he was very happy to give me the letter. But when I get the letter I am a dangerous criminal that stolen 1 item for the worth of 0.1 groeschen. There is no way to refuse the letter, even if the letter isn't mentioned in the dialogue Henry will take it and will be a crime.
A bug? Somebody solved this with zero crime rate?

Mark Richard

Arcane
All the typical bugs you generally see in "polished" sandbox games from big publishers that don't get their review scores lowered because of "bugs".

This. A few years ago Skyrim Remastered came out with some of the same bugs that were in the vanilla. One of the major ones broke my playthrough last year. You think anyone lowered the game's score because of that?

Witcher 3 was also buggy when it came out, I remember the forum bursting in seams with people demanding hotfixes RITE NAO because they couldn't play. I was one of them, I couldn't level up and it took them 2 weeks to fix it. Nobody remembers now because the press didn't pick on it at all. AssCreed Origins was buggy and it was mentioned in a few reviews but only as an amusing aside.

Ultimately I don't shit on any devs because of bugs. There's simply no way to smooth out all rough edges in a huge open-world RPG without "beta testing" it on millions of players first. Either we'll have them somewhat buggy at launch or we won't have them at all. And the fact game like KCD even came out is a small miracle, to forgive a few bugs is the absolute least I can do.
I'd settle for justice being dispensed a little more evenly. It's infuriating to watch Kingdom Come get busted for a misdemeanour while Skyrim walks free, receiving leniency for the same sins because of who they are. Punish developers for bugs or don't, just don't selectively punish them based on what their future previews are worth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom