Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
Game is relatively bug free until second half. Bugs which may exist you might not notice due to not paying attention to combat log or resolving some quests in a less complicated way than some other people. Even bugs you might find like some broken quests/kingdom cards would not stop your progress through the game.

But in Act IV bugs, and some of the logic behind quests, are already troublesome, and Act V is an iron curtain for anyone but those few lucky people or those using cheats or something.

I think the only exception is the famous Bokken, but mine died during bandit attack so I never did any of his quests.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
People keep saying that chapter II is ok but I am there atm and I already found:

1 - My protagonist char doubled himself (didn't they fix it?)
2 - The quest of the fey kidnapping the 2 lumberjacks is broken, at least in my playthrough.

"Doubled himself"?

Also, if you refer to the two lumberjacks that were charmed as "kidnapped", then yeah, it's broken.

Nobody said that Chapter II was bug-free. It's "ok". There's tons of stuff broken in Chapter 2.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But he is right. Check this list of awesome games broken on release: Fallout 2, Temple of Elemental Evil, Vampire Bloodlines, Kotor 2, Expeditions: Conquistador and now Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

I remember getting pissed off then as now. Disappearing car in Fallout 2, real "fuck off -game" moment.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
"Doubled himself"?

YqxmBZB.png

Also the items stash in the throne room doubled.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Yeah I really don't like Owlcat pussifying their game to accommodate the mentally amputated. I'm not too fond of them making some of the very early encounters much more manageable for your average propeller hat (I'm a big fan of "I just got fucked" moments that games like BG1 had like when you run into the assassin outside Friendly Arms Inn), but having some super magical scroll to revert your Paladin back to Lawful Good is real fucking gay. It makes a joke out of the alignment dialogue they have in place where you could have your character start off as Lawful Neutral and then end up Chaotic Good by the conclusion, which naturally gives your choices made some weight to them and makes the roleplay portion more engaging. It also takes away the 'difficulty' of playing a good aligned class like a Paladin where you have to keep your alignment in consideration.

This also ties into the whole respecs conversation from a few pages ago. Respecs are retarded and are for people that shouldn't be playing RPGs in the first place. If you fuck something up, tough shit, you either create a new character or commit to it and let it rock. It's called "pen and paper" for a reason, fuckos. You can't use your eraser when it best suits you.
Watching people get butthurt over features they'll never use is more enjoyable than the game itself at this point.

Not personally using something doesn't make its implementation any less dumb. Respeccing and alignment cleansing is dumb.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
But he is right. Check this list of awesome games broken on release: Fallout 2, Temple of Elemental Evil, Vampire Bloodlines, Kotor 2, Expeditions: Conquistador and now Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
Fallout 2 was (serious) bug free after grand total of like 2 patches but for TOEE even with CoO8 today people are afaik advised to never play ironman and avoid using quicksaves due to potential save corruption. You can't seriously just throw all those games in one bag with P:K. Most of the mentioned titles were fully playable with the first patch. I sincerely doubt it will be the case here. Hell, those half dozen hotfixes already have the amount of fixes worth more than the whole fixing of Fallout 2 had. And the game is broken at 1.06 more than it was at 1.0 is some ways.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I am obliged to take part in this rather monocled dispute about respec.
Because so many people want it, devs definitely should include it into the game.
Because it's not the way it meant to be played they should lock this option out for players.
Elegant Solomon solution that will satisfy both sides.
And then those players who want respec could use Cheatengine just as they can do it now.

Same shit on the Owlcat forums. Their community manager is a huge fucking "brony" faggot.

Somebody call Comrade Putin, he'll take care of it

Ahh, I can recognize familiar style of Russian Federation moderation. I run away from it here, now you cognized it too. :lol:
You can't etch Stalin from inside of you even if you wear democracy clothes hehe.

Infinitron no offence for the joke I hope? I just couldn't pass up the opportunity, sorry. :)
Could you deliver pic of Metacritic scoref for Pathfinder: Kingmaker, for general information?

Also, a bit of offcial art I have sumbled upon. Hilarious.

This one is for Russian reading, not mine either.

Last edited:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Ahh, I can recognize familiar style of Russian Federation moderation. I run away from it here, now you cognized it too. :lol:You can't etch Stalin from inside of you even if you wear democracy clothes hehe.

Just make sure not to run too far outside of rpgcodex. You may be unpleasantly surprised.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Fallout 2 was (serious) bug free after grand total of like 2 patches but for TOEE even with CoO8 today people are afaik advised to never play ironman and avoid using quicksaves due to potential save corruption. You can't seriously just throw all those games in one bag with P:K. Most of the mentioned titles were fully playable with the first patch. I sincerely doubt it will be the case here. Hell, those half dozen hotfixes already have the amount of fixes worth more than the whole fixing of Fallout 2 had. And the game is broken at 1.06 more than it was at 1.0 is some ways.

Except back then patch was released for month and arrived by carrier pidgeon. Half of that time was spend reading letters with feedback bugs that arrived via antique thing called post.

These days both feedback and patches arrives instantly through the power of the internet. Therefore devs like owlcat can release hot code and do testing on production! :happytrollboy:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Pathfinder currently has a game-breaking issue with stats and adjustments. Cohh is starting up his new Pillars of Eternity 2 run today (hardest difficulty!) and invites you to join us until Pathfinder gets fixed up!

Yeah, release broken games more, release them completely!
Fukkin shooting in the leg...

Shin

Cipher
And the game is broken at 1.06 more than it was at 1.0 is some ways.

This is why I still haven't picked this up. I figured I'd wait a few weeks until the major bugs would've been ironed out but at this 'pace' (one step forward, one step back) it will take forever to get rid of the most annoying bugs.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
And the game is broken at 1.06 more than it was at 1.0 is some ways.

This is why I still haven't picked this up. I'd figure I'd wait a few weeks until the major bugs would've been ironed out but at this 'pace' (one step forward, one step back) it will take forever to get rid of the most annoying bugs.
Honestly, in terms of seriousness, it's more like two steps forward, eight steps back.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Can anyone that played Magus in this game explain to me what buttons should I press during combat to have all the best features activated :D
I am trying the Magus companion and I am confused how this is supposed to work.
I have both SpellCombat and SpellStrike active and I right click on Touch of Fatigue and click attack on enemy. What is supposed to happen? He should be attacking once and casting one spell through his sword and another in addition to the melee attack? I didn't notice him delivering two touch of fatigue..
Also I took Arcane Strike with him and turn that on.

Last edited:

L'Montes

Educated
I could buy the "paladins/cleric losing feats/powers" alignment "fix" as being bug-related instead of easy mode, in context of all the other shit in the game honestly. There's a tool-tip about certain classes losing powers if they don't "walk the walk" as it were. It would be weird for them to walk that design choice back in the midst of the rest of the dumpster-fire in the game, a half-assed fix to some sort of bug seems like a plausible explanation for that.

Anecdotally, I've experienced some weird alignment shifts on my character that seemed out of pace with ones I'd seen elsewhere in the game. It was unclear to me if it was bug-related, or some wonky decision had been given absurd weighting internally. I wasn't playing a class that alignment really impacted though, so I just chalked it up to the general game issues we all see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom