Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Speaking of Magi, I presume using two-handed weapons is not recommended?

e: There goes my idea for a glaive wielding magus.

Canus

Savant
So for those who are getting the stat duplication bug I found that after I removed everyone from the party, to go to the Verdant Gardens, when I went back to pick them all up in my capital that their stats had gone back to normal. No idea if that's an actual fix or if this is just two bugs interacting with each other, but it might be of use.

OK killed stag lord, wrapped up the side quests, explored and morderhoboed all the unexplored palces I could reach. Level 5 with around ~17k xp. Hope that the unsolicited exploration/murderhoboing does nto break soem future quests.

Apparently, custom companion cost scales with player level and now it costs 12.5k for one custom companion. FUCK YOU OWLCAT.

There was a wererat encounter. was pretty brutal had to use cheesemax prebuffing (including scrolls and pots for some of them personal buffs), memorizing spells as per the encounter (glitterdust etc.) and finally managed to beat it.

In hindsight I shouldn't have spent ~3k to beat this encounter. i think it was intended for later.

Now to report to oleg to progress quest. made a backup of the act 1 finish save.

PS: using v1.03 of the game. It seems the most stable atm, atleast early game.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It's better to design around making your character decisions matter, rather than respec... However, if you're gonna throw in retarded bugs like Bloodline abilities that don't even do anything, and depart from the source material so much that even Pathfinder vets are confused...

Well, I still don't think respec is a good idea, but I can understand someone being frustrated that they picked a feat that doesn't even work properly.

For example, the Madness domain has an ability that doesn't even do anything at the moment. You literally click and your character just stands there and then looks up like 'what do??'.

But yeah, respec isn't really the answer. Feat retraining (at cost) could be reasonable, since it's in Pathfinder PnP anyway.
You know what's actually missing from this game, especially since it's so fucking bugged?

The developer console.

I have no idea what they were thinking, removing that in a game that absolutely could've used one just for fixing issues such as starting/stopping quests, teleporting the party, adding/removing ability scores/skills/feats for testing purposes, etc., etc., etc.
Every game should have a fucking console,i really get pissed off when they don't have. For me it is a massive score decliner.:obviously: Want to mess around with my games!

Last edited:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
tfw you should REALLY stop playing this game until the big patch on the 22nd and just play Dragon Quest or anything else released in September, but you can't because D20

I guess the only thing they lose by using their off-hand is in-combat casting. So if you weren't concerned with having access to touch spells and just wanted to self-buff you could free your hand, cast, then wade in maybe. Their weapon buffing abilities don't need the hand free I believe but I'm not positive.

tfw you should REALLY stop playing this game until the big patch on the 22nd and just play Dragon Quest or anything else released in September, but you can't because D20
Was actually considering firing up Low Magic Age to take a look at their campaign mode since I haven't rubbed my greasy hands on it since it was added, and it'd help keep the D20 shakes down until PK's more functional.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Word from the developers:

Thanks for letting us know! We're very sorry this happened, and I think this should get fixed by Monday or so. In the meanwhile, I would advise playing on 1.0.5. until this gets fixed (you can choose the version through Steam or GoG Galaxy).

This is the trade-off of the "hotfixes instead of patches" approach: you get a lot of stuff fixed quickly, but some of the fixes will introduce new bugs. The overall "bugs fixed per day" is generally higher when going down the "hotfixes" route, but the experience is a bit more bumpy. Here's a quote from a different thread:

We are really sorry about this, guys and gals, but we stand by the strategy of fixing 30-40 bugs every few days, even if this means introducing 1-2 new bugs in the process. Not only do the numbers speak in favor of this - such incremental and highly iterative approaches are generally more effective and robust than their counterparts.

Also, as a general rule of thumb, I'd recommend keeping a few different save files just in case and not updating all of them when a new hotfix hits the deck. You can read up on where to find them (and on how to enable logging for quicker bug-fixing) over here: https://owlcatgames.com/content/reporting-bug

:negative:

This kind of a total mess is called "Agile Development" these days.

It seems like they are in a leaky boat, madly bailing water out and trying to cover the holes, but at the same time creating new holes so water just keeps pouring in...

But they must have known how bugged the later parts of the game were on release and just went ahead with it anyway? Pretty naive not to think you will have degenerate nerds playing 100+ hours in the first week and finding the game is not completed.

Regardless we are lucky someone is even bothering to try and make a game as inclined as this, and as has been said it stands in the grand tradition of over ambitious :obviously: buggy messes ie Troika.

Vatnik Wumao

Thanks for letting us know! We're very sorry this happened, and I think this should get fixed by Monday or so. In the meanwhile, I would advise playing on 1.0.5. until this gets fixed (you can choose the version through Steam or GoG Galaxy).

This is the trade-off of the "hotfixes instead of patches" approach: you get a lot of stuff fixed quickly, but some of the fixes will introduce new bugs. The overall "bugs fixed per day" is generally higher when going down the "hotfixes" route, but the experience is a bit more bumpy. Here's a quote from a different thread:

We are really sorry about this, guys and gals, but we stand by the strategy of fixing 30-40 bugs every few days, even if this means introducing 1-2 new bugs in the process. Not only do the numbers speak in favor of this - such incremental and highly iterative approaches are generally more effective and robust than their counterparts.

Also, as a general rule of thumb, I'd recommend keeping a few different save files just in case and not updating all of them when a new hotfix hits the deck. You can read up on where to find them (and on how to enable logging for quicker bug-fixing) over here: https://owlcatgames.com/content/reporting-bug

It seems like they are in a leaky boat, madly bailing water out and trying to cover the holes, but at the same time creating new holes so water just keeps pouring in...

But they must have known how bugged the later parts of the game were on release and just went ahead with it anyway? Pretty naive not to think you will have degenerate nerds playing 100+ hours in the first week and finding the game is not completed.

Regardless we are lucky someone is even bothering to try and make a game as inclined as this, and as has been said it stands in the grand tradition of over ambitious :obviously: buggy messes ie Troika.
When in doubt, blame the publisher.

Cael

Arcane

At some point, you will have to start wondering if the bugs are there to disguise the fact the rest of the game isn't...

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm just going to play Icewind Dale for the first time instead, fuck this hotfix bullshit

Generic-Giant-Spider

If they don't patch this game soon so I can continue playing it without fear then I will kill everyone in this thread.

Try me, Owlcat. Try living in a world without Fedora Master.

Incendax

Augur
Works reasonably well. You won't be able to use Spell Combat, but you can go Eldritch Scion + Abyssal Bloodline and wield your glaive with ridiculous strength. You can still cast spells like a normal spellcaster. Just no double crit shenanigans.

Side Note: Water Magus is a really solid tank. Mobility (for Defensive Fighting), Immunity to Combat Maneuvers, Immunity to Critical Hits, Immunity to Sneak Attacks. You know, for when you want to roleplay a honey badger. :D

hell bovine

Arcane
Can anyone that played Magus in this game explain to me what buttons should I press during combat to have all the best features activated :D
I am trying the Magus companion and I am confused how this is supposed to work.
I have both SpellCombat and SpellStrike active and I right click on Touch of Fatigue and click attack on enemy. What is supposed to happen? He should be attacking once and casting one spell through his sword and another in addition to the melee attack? I didn't notice him delivering two touch of fatigue..
Also I took Arcane Strike with him and turn that on.
You need to left click on that spell and then target the enemy, as if normally cast. He will cast it, but then run up to the enemy and whack it with his weapon. If you right click on a spell, he will auto cast it whenever he can, so you don't need to manually control him for touch of fatigue. Either way spell gets delivered through the attack, not twice. (?)

Cael

Arcane
I want to play :(...
IWD2.png

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
But he is right. Check this list of awesome games broken on release: Fallout 2, Temple of Elemental Evil, Vampire Bloodlines, Kotor 2, Expeditions: Conquistador and now Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

Don't forget Arcanum of course, I only ever played it with all the patches and I still had a couple of bugs where I'd go to enter an area, and my party would vanish but there would be no area transition, so I'd just be stuck looking at the map exit.
I really need to try Bloodlines again one of these days now that I have a new computer, every install and patch I tried it with on my old PC would crash right after the haunted hotel.

Risewild

Arbiter
I bet Owlcat has one guy chained to a desk making the hotfixes while the rest of the team is making the actual patch.
That is why the hotfixes are made fast, but break other stuff, while they still work on the big patch.

:shitposting:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Can anyone that played Magus in this game explain to me what buttons should I press during combat to have all the best features activated :D
I am trying the Magus companion and I am confused how this is supposed to work.
I have both SpellCombat and SpellStrike active and I right click on Touch of Fatigue and click attack on enemy. What is supposed to happen? He should be attacking once and casting one spell through his sword and another in addition to the melee attack? I didn't notice him delivering two touch of fatigue..
Also I took Arcane Strike with him and turn that on.
Arcane Strike is actually not that good on a Magus, because it uses your Swift action. Normally you'll want to keep your Swift action free to use a touch spell - so what will happen is you cast touch spell > attack > target takes damage from attack plus damage from touch spell. Enchanting your weapon takes a Swift action, too, so that will also interfere.
I've mostly been setting my rapier enchantments to Keen and elemental (Shock, or whatever weakness is of the thing I'm fighting).

Vatnik Wumao
Why is the walking/running in this game so damn slow (outside of combat)?

First check your encumbrance, fatigue. This not helping? Its the piece of shit Unity engine and Owlbear ''high quality codding'' Comrade.

At this rate 6 months for bug free game is very fabulously optimistic.
Quantitative accumulations for qualitative leap, comrade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom