Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I killed them at level 6 with heavy conjuring and debuffing. Use Amiri with enlarge person so she can attack from behind and reduce person Valerie so she can tank them better.

Edit about Nymph in act 2

survived the encounter with my Sylvian sorcerer alone by killing everything at level 7. pets and summons are op

Cael

Arcane
party is level6
valerie
amiri (i think i will ditch amiri soon, usless)
jaethalwaifu
harrim
octavia (2 rogue 3 wiz 1 arcane trickster)
me (conjurer)

Any chance I can kill the 3 fucking greater enraged owlbears? Or I just give up and come back later
Normally, I'd suggest Webbing and/or Glitterdusting the things and pelt them to death from a distance. With all the bugs and whatnot in this game, however, anything probably goes.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Did you do the waifu quest? Take the disgruntled ranger, give him Devourer of metal, use waifu to summon hordes of turboskeletons (after her personal), hilarity ensues.

Owlbears will remember that.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
party is level6
valerie
jaethalwaifu
harrim
me (conjurer)

Any chance I can kill the 3 fucking greater enraged owlbears? Or I just give up and come back later
Normally, I'd suggest Webbing and/or Glitterdusting the things and pelt them to death from a distance. With all the bugs and whatnot in this game, however, anything probably goes.

Webbing doesn't work, they have too high saves.

Cael

Arcane
party is level6
valerie
jaethalwaifu
harrim
me (conjurer)

Webbing doesn't work, they have too high saves.
As I said, the game is a bloody mess mechanically. Hence my hesitation.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Owlcat's mods are super anal fascist's. Be nice or else we put you in gulag!

I pointed this out before release. Dozens of people were banned and their posts deleted for criticizing the game in beta.
But if they put people in gulags then they are not fascists at all but instead, you know, those other guys.
thinking.png

Reinhardt

Arcane

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If they don't patch this game soon so I can continue playing it without fear then I will kill everyone in this thread.

Try me, Owlcat. Try living in a world without Fedora Master.
Play Insomnia till Pathfinder gets patched.
Play whatever the hell you want till Insomnia gets patched.
Bard's tale is finishable....i hope so.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Owlcat's mods are super anal fascist's. Be nice or else we put you in gulag!

I pointed this out before release. Dozens of people were banned and their posts deleted for criticizing the game in beta.
But if they put people in gulags then they are not fascists at all but instead, you know, those other guys.
thinking.png

Not really, only the name of the spa resort changes, it is what it is. There are many differences but this is not it :P

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Repeat after me: despite appearances, this game has not actually been released yet. I must wait for it to properly come out at a later date, perhaps a couple of months from now.

But after playing the incline I can't just go back and play another popamole RPG.
:stunned:
Try out the nu Asscreed,codexians are enjoying it. It is even in the general RPG forum.

:troll:

Ah OK, so having Touch of Fatigue on autocast screws things up :D
I noticed my magus casting Touch of Fatigue every round of combat. If I just keep it on autocast and click attack, does that mean he will deliver one touch of fatigue through sword and another through normal touch attack? Or will he cast that Touch and always deliver it through his sword?
And yes, I did turn off AI because it is impossible to have character not break formation during combat if AI is on. And formation is especially important in a game with Teamwork feats.

It screws things up somewhat, yes, forcing you to give new target to the magus every round. Better AI handling for magus would help, one that will continue to cast & attack on his own and will not autocast if holding a higher level spell. Keeping Touch of fatigue on autocast and click attacking will do two sword attacks, one of which will also deliver a spell (the first one that hits). You do want to keep casting the cantrip or some other touch spell every round, as that is your source of that extra attack. But as I said, it's also somewhat dangerous to cast spells in melee, even for a magus. Assuming they kept the same numbers as in PnP, it's a DC 15 check to cast that cantrip without drawing fire from everyone around you. So a low level magus has about 50-50 chances of getting clobbered when he tries it, but at level 8-10, sooner if you pick a feat, that check becomes an automatic success and there is no reason to not spam the cantrip every round.

About the AI, even if it was good, nobody plays a game like this with it on. I have enough trouble with the enemies to fight against the brained character AI as well.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
In ToEE, you can wander into a Hill Giant + Brown Bear (ECL 9 encounter, IIRC) when you are at level 1 by just following the side quests around Hommlet. And the best part is that if you are a CN party, getting to the treasure in that area is the reason why you are even in Hommlet in the first place! I can see Gygax laughing his head off from beyond the grave, the bastard...

That area was a Troika original, no such place is described in the module. :MCraig Matchett would be the guy responsible for that encounter.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

About the AI, even if it was good, nobody plays a game like this with it on. I have enough trouble with the enemies to fight against the brained character AI as well.
I do. I honestly have had extremely little trouble with it, once I discovered that you can tell the party to Hold Position by pressing 'H'. Maybe I'm just missing something, I dunno.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Everything rapes me at the swamp witch hut... I don't know maybe I picked the wrong feats on my already subobtimal chars :(

Reinhardt

Arcane
Wait, so this Linzi bitch who whined in proloque "we can't steal from treasury - it's bad"
just stole taxpayers money from MY treasury
?! And i can't execute her?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Everything rapes me at the swamp witch hut... I don't know maybe I picked the wrong feats on my already subobtimal chars :(

Owlbears are hard, tree thing can be kited easily or you can tank it with deathward.
For will o wisps, use energy protection/immunity(lightning ) and see invisbilty spells. İnterract the well with energy protected party member.
Don't attack the poor old hag.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait, so this Linzi bitch who whined in proloque "we can't steal from treasury - it's bad"
You trusted a gnome. It is pretty clear who needs to be executed, here.

hexer

Chapter 5 is made out of massive amounts of butthurt
:negative:

I have a question though...

How do you progress further after killing the king? Where is Briar?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Yeah, I mentioned that issue earlier in the thread. It's complete and utter bullshit. I have no idea why they even created that situation to begin with, after having decided that Linzi is plot-critical somehow.
I'm pretty angry that best options to rule the barony are lawful ones. Even most lawful evil options are better than my chaotic good ones ...
That's probably because their interpretation of "chaotic" is "retarded". Interestingly, their interpretation of Neutral Good is also "retarded". Just in different ways.

I have no idea who they put in charge of alignments in this game, but whoever it was, they clearly don't have a single fucking clue about alignments or how they work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom