Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm more upset about first part. So she lied to party from the start of the game. Next time i'll send her with Tartuccio and leave her in cage. Let dem gnomes stick together.

Incendax

Augur
I give up.

Every time I level up, I get a new animal companion. I'm running around with 3 Bears right now and only one character that is supposed to get animal companions. Oh, and my Crusader Valerie can infinitely cast Selective Positive Energy Channel. It says 0 uses remaining, but her AI just keeps spamming them and healing everyone forever. :argh:

hexer

The further I progress, the game just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger..
The amount of new content in Chapter 5 is crazy
:fuuyeah:

Mortmal

Arcane
God damn it I want to play this so fucking bad but all the new bugs like stacking magic item modifiers is making me want to wait. And despite that shit this is still easily the game I most want to play. Not to mention how chapter 1 was actually pretty stable and fine for me at launch and then shit's gone pear shaped after. This is killing me. :shredder:
I guess it's an excuse to keep slogging through Bard's Tale 4 but hour after hour of the Inshriach and suicide fairy puzzles is upsetting. Not to mention I've been playing on hard and my party's been situated the last however fucking many hours with almost no variation necessary

It's also highly suspected your alignement dont impact the city appearance and its bugged too. So at least for now you can play a polished and bug free experience in bard's tale 4... Oh wait.

Thonius

Arcane
Well after reading this thread I decided to stop. I just finished troll's invasion and I got only two regions under my rule and almost no side-quests finished ( I rushed in this troll beeswax after reading bout how you should not ignore it)

Shadenuat

Arcane
Chapter 5 is made out of massive amounts of butthurt
:negative:

I have a question though...

How do you progress further after killing the king? Where is Briar?
You don't. Welcome to the Pitax Vanquishers club. You may now proceed to make new character.

hexer

Chapter 5 is made out of massive amounts of butthurt
:negative:

I have a question though...

How do you progress further after killing the king? Where is Briar?
You don't. Welcome to the Pitax Vanquishers club. You may now proceed to make new character.

ZdqIWEe.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ah OK, so having Touch of Fatigue on autocast screws things up :D
I noticed my magus casting Touch of Fatigue every round of combat. If I just keep it on autocast and click attack, does that mean he will deliver one touch of fatigue through sword and another through normal touch attack? Or will he cast that Touch and always deliver it through his sword?
And yes, I did turn off AI because it is impossible to have character not break formation during combat if AI is on. And formation is especially important in a game with Teamwork feats.

It screws things up somewhat, yes, forcing you to give new target to the magus every round. Better AI handling for magus would help, one that will continue to cast & attack on his own and will not autocast if holding a higher level spell. Keeping Touch of fatigue on autocast and click attacking will do two sword attacks, one of which will also deliver a spell (the first one that hits). You do want to keep casting the cantrip or some other touch spell every round, as that is your source of that extra attack. But as I said, it's also somewhat dangerous to cast spells in melee, even for a magus. Assuming they kept the same numbers as in PnP, it's a DC 15 check to cast that cantrip without drawing fire from everyone around you. So a low level magus has about 50-50 chances of getting clobbered when he tries it, but at level 8-10, sooner if you pick a feat, that check becomes an automatic success and there is no reason to not spam the cantrip every round.

About the AI, even if it was good, nobody plays a game like this with it on. I have enough trouble with the enemies to fight against the brained character AI as well.
Ok, I put Difficulty at Easy and tested Half Orc Magus vs few spiders.
This is what I got:
1. Having anything on autocast completely screws over the Magus. He never does his second attack.
2. Not using Spellstrike makes it so you cast a spell on enemy and then you need to click yourself again to make him get the attack in same round. Touch attack is done at normal attack bonus, melee attack is done with -2 penalty. But if you first use attack and then cast, he will not cast the spell in same round but wait for start of next one.
3. Using Spellstrike is probably the best hands free option but you still need to manually cast one spell each round. You click attack with him on target and then click spell you want at same target and he will cast the spell, deliver through his weapon at -2 penalty and then do another normal weapon attack at -2 penalty. Not very efficient way to hit stuff with touch spells...
4. I also tried using combinations of Arcane Strike + Arcane Weapon Enhancement and it works as expected, you get +2 to damage. I need to test if you use a +1 magic weapon and use Arcane Weapon on it, if it becomes +2 like the descriptions says.
5. I tried using Arcane Accuracy with and without Arcane Strike. It does not work well with Arcane Strike, the guy just uses it to do one attack with the bonus. If you turn off Arcane Strike, Arcane Accuracy is more useful but it is super fiddly to use. At start of round you need to first click it and have it shown that it activated, then do the regular combination of casting and attacking. You cannot set it to autocast and you cannot use it in the middle of a round, it completely screws everything over. Best way to use Arcane Accuracy is when you don't have a target and cooldown for last round ran out.

TLDR; Magus as implemented takes 3x more micromanagement than any other class if you want to use him fully. To be most efficient at low levels you should not be using Spellstrike so you can guarantee your touch spells hitting when you need them but that takes even more micro management.
Least painful way is to use both SpellStrike and Spell Combat and don't use autocasting on any of your spells. Don't bother with Arcane Accuracy unless you want another layer of micromanagement.

Conclusion: I don't think I will be able to use a Magus in my party as I cannot bring myself to not play him as efficiently as possible and that is going to be super irritating. I was hoping he would be a melee guy that you send to attack stuff with autocast fatigue and mostly forget about like I do with Valerie, Jaethal and Amiri and only need to give him new targets and sometimes cast some of the non cantrip spells..

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So I have defeated the bloom
Questions:
Someone said the game gets super buggy at this point. When exactly does it get so buggy I should stop playing and wait for patches?
How the fuck do I unlock more advisors for my barony? I still only have slots for the first 5, and it's starting to bother me.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I'm pretty angry that best options to rule the barony are lawful ones. Even most lawful evil options are better than my chaotic good ones ...
Worst thing is that the alignment is very modern. Why the fuck is agreeing with a group that burns books and kills rebels evul? All the choices are "good" is positive for the kingdom while evul is not. And all the positives are pushing a modern narrative,feel like vomiting. Also all the option are very illogical at best. 90% of times i was scratching my head in why there is not a certain neutral option. Also not enough options for executions!

Mortmal

Arcane
Questions:
Someone said the game gets super buggy at this point. When exactly does it get so buggy I should stop playing and wait for patches?
How the fuck do I unlock more advisors for my barony? I still only have slots for the first 5, and it's starting to bother me.
You should stop already 1.06 implemented a critical bug, look at your armor stats, reloading and saving keep adding the same modifiers. Valerie is AC 53 now. No point playing at all with invincible gods.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Questions:
The quest after the bloom is not that buggy,the side quests are tho. Mainly the craftsman quests are unfinishable mess. Advisors you get later on,some of your current ones will come to you and tell you that they can do all the jobs and you should find another one. I believe that they are opened once you get to certain level of the current ones,maybe it is around level 3(upgrading it twice).

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I give up.

Every time I level up, I get a new animal companion. I'm running around with 3 Bears right now and only one character that is supposed to get animal companions. Oh, and my Crusader Valerie can infinitely cast Selective Positive Energy Channel. It says 0 uses remaining, but her AI just keeps spamming them and healing everyone forever. :argh:
See you in a few months. This game needs to get out of early access first.

Edit: It's rating on Steam dropped to "mixed" again. No surprise, with the 1.06 hotfix fuckup and with more people reaching the parts of the game that weren't beta tested at all it was to be expected. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing though. On one hand this game is incline in many ways but on the other hand they deserve it for releasing it in such state.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Dear community!
An update to the hotfix 1.0.6 will go live soon. This particular one fixes the "endlessly stacking non-specific item bonuses" problem. Bonuses should stop stacking, although your characters stats, if already affected by this bug, won't return to their normal values right now.
Next update will arrive today (right now, unfortunately, I can not give more accurate estimates). That one will return affected character's stats to their normal values

It seems that they will fix the stats today, huh, well let's hope they don't break anything else

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Questions:
You should stop already 1.06 implemented a critical bug, look at your armor stats, reloading and saving keep adding the same modifiers. Valerie is AC 53 now. No point playing at all with invincible gods.
Hmm...
I don't think my valerie is 53 AC, because she is still getting hit, but her DR might be FUBAR, because she has gained the ability to soak 20 damage per hit.

Can I fix this brokenness or do I have to nuke my save?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Well after reading this thread I decided to stop. I just finished troll's invasion and I got only two regions under my rule and almost no side-quests finished ( I rushed in this troll beeswax after reading bout how you should not ignore it)
Yeeeaaah, after Troll Invasion is a good place to stop.

I think we're doing this all wrong. We should think of the game in terms of seasonal chapters of new content.

The release game is Prologue and Chapters 1 (Stolen Lands/Fag Lord) and Chapter 2 (Rivers Run Red/"Troll Invasion").

In 3 months the game might be ready for Chapter 3. In another 3 months, Chapter 4, etc.

As I write this, I'm realizing that this might've actually been a smarter way for them to structure it, with a huge content update revising old content and adding new areas/events/etc. with each module. I hate episodic content, but it would've been preferable to this.
Fired it up with the new patch. No sound... wat
Surprise!
zAaDWaG.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom