Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

jf8350143

Liturgist
I'm very impressed by the devs, it's not a simple task to create some major new bug everytime you push out a new patch, it takes some special kind of skills.

I guess in Russia the bug fixes you.

hexer

They fixed the no sound bug.
They're probably withholding patch notes until post release dust settles down and they count the dead

Shadenuat

Arcane
Pope Amole II your min max builds are getting questioned for their mix maxiness!
TBH it is pretty bad spell selection examples indeed, and the whole review is meh. Enchantment is powerful, especially when stacked with items (my Linzi has +7 DC on Laughter just from items), but big part of game monsters are undead and fey (and mothafukin spiders) who are either immune or very resistant to it on higher difficulties. Spell and other HD-based spells seem to work poorly due to enemies rising quite quick in HD even in prologue and sheer amount of things thrown at you. It is not BG, sadly sleep and color spray do allow saving throw here. Hold Monster etc. are all good if not for high enemy saving throws, Confusion is a bit better due to more saving throws made and it being useful against hordes. Skipping on stuff like Magic Missile which can be reliably spammed against that one single 999 AC thing is a big mistake, and skipping on stuff like Empower/Maximize is also a big mistake. Maximized Hellfire Ray and Polar Ray are some of the most devastating spells in the game. Although you can use metamagic from rods and items, I guess. Heroism, Greater Heroism, and other combinations of buffs to your BAB by stacking
- Morale
- Luck
- Sacred
- Competence
Allow your melees and ranged to easily pass enemy AC even in Hard+, and Heroism works even during text quests and such since it gives +skills bonus.
Necromancy is also surprisingly deadly against main enemies in the game since Fortitude is their actual weakness.
And of course you want your party perma-hasted, if not for the powerful effect but at least for traveling/clearing speed.

For lulz, you can play something like Universalist Scroll Savant. You get incredibly powerful scrolls in game, often you can cast like level 5 spells and get Disintegrate scroll or Horrid Wilting scroll which can easily turn combat in your favor. And you never lose on versatility and can fine tune your spell selection against anything. Pump UMD and your magic battery will never run out due to absurd amount of scrolls and wands you get in this game. Now if only fucking Feats worked with scrolls.

For powah, Evoker or Conjurer are pretty solid choices. Conjurer with splash into Necromancy + Acid is p. fun. Use Metamagic wands for cheezy amounts of free damage.

Actually, there are like rods that add metamagic/3 times day even to 9th level (!) spells so don't pick any metafeats.

I don't want to throw any extra shit at Pope since he has his plate full with haters already, but unless he also played beta extensively, at this point it feels like he just throws this stuff to get more videos done and should at least try to finish prologue before doing all this. Starting game, cheating yourself level 20 and clicking on feats with commentary does not take that much effort compared to actual useful advice you can give if you know game through and out.

Last edited:

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So I guess they never even bothered to open the game to see if it worked before uploading this new patch, huh? Amazing. Fucking amazing.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Bugfinder: Blyatmaker

The last year and a half have been rough and bright spots have been few and far between. I have to thank you for the best, biggest, and heartiest laugh I've had for longer than I can care to remember.
Hope you're alright, PJ, whatever is going on. Your (relative) absence in the thread was not unnoticed, and it was several times I asked myself "Where the hell is PJ, why isn't he in on this?". Hope things get better. :salute:

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
More specifically the patch broke sound on Windows, and other bugs have been windows only as well, which makes you wonder why they don't have at least one computer with a windows partition to see, hey, can this fucking program work on the most common operating system in the world?

Hm my UI is fine.

Still have stacking bug though.
They said that this patch will only stop the stacking from increasing and a later patch will restore original stats, lol

Shadenuat

Arcane
They already fixed sound.

Yeah I was hoping they already fixed that and restored my characters (177 AC Valerie, +21545 acid damage amiri, 1 CON Harrim and 1 WIS Linzi)

Not that it would help since I still can't progress through game due to plot bug, but at least I could begin another playthough :M

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron

Yeah I was hoping they already fixed that and restored my characters (177 AC Valerie, +21545 acid damage amiri, 1 CON Harrim and 1 WIS Linzi)

Not that it would help since I still can't progress through game due to plot bug, but at least I could begin another playthough :M
Well, according to them, you can begin a new playthrough, as stacking will no longer happen... they just didn't fix, you know, all the people who already have fucked stats.

But yeah, I know they fixed the sound thing now, I'm just saying how the hell could anyone possibly miss that, ever? Just open the game and see if it works, you don't even need a QA team for that

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Hm my UI is fine.

Still have stacking bug though.
How is this possible? Did they change it since release? Because mine has been shit since Day 1.

Well, according to them, you can begin a new playthrough, as stacking will no longer happen... they just didn't fix, you know, all the people who already have fucked stats.

But yeah, I know they fixed the sound thing now, I'm just saying how the hell could anyone possibly miss that, ever? Just open the game and see if it works, you don't even need a QA team for that
At this point, I'm unironically assuming that they don't do any QA whatsoever. As in literally zero. I think the entire team is in crunch mode just trying to fix shit, with little practical application or consideration. They probably don't even bother opening up the distribution version. If they boot up anything at all, it's just to confirm that whatever they were working on has been fixed and then moving on to the next one.

As much as I can shit on Owlcat for a number of reasons, I think there's some kind of disconnect between the systems/programming guys - the code-monkeys and such - and the writers and the "face" of Owlcat and the administration, because one seem driven and competent while the others are SocJus trash-monkeys that make poor executive decisions over and over.

The rate at which the patching crew is working is honestly frightening and I'm starting to suspect that they are nowhere near in control of the situation. October Revolution at Owlcat when?

Last edited:
Ok, I put Difficulty at Easy and tested Half Orc Magus vs few spiders.
This is what I got:
Yeah, playing a magus here is finicky as hell if you want to make the most of spellcombat, and RtwP does nothing to help. Except I will have to disagree with you on point 1. I also tested this and it does work, one extra attack is granted if you autocast a touch spell. I have no idea why it does not work that way for you. I tested this repeatedly with my own character, maybe the half-orc magus is broken somehow? Or the second strike might be missing if the target dies when hit the first time? On point 3, the reason for this is to combine it with full attack and then fish for a critical. Normal touch spells only crit on a 20, spellstrike crits on weapon critical range. While it may not target touch AC, it will get more attacks to connect.

Shadenuat

Arcane
How is this possible? Did they change it since release? Because mine has been shit since Day 1.
Yeah, I would say no game did spell UI better than Icewind Dale 2 yet (or NWN2 if you put spellbook on screen open), the MMO hotbars are kinda worthless. PoE did it correctly too.

Thonius

Arcane
Eh you can always momirize haste from scroll's ( thye are pretty common) what you should pick is some wacky spells and check your inventory before leveling. Nothing like learning fireball spell on level up only to discover scroll in your inventory.
Edit: Spell-book overlays or go home!

DeepOcean

Arcane
Comrades, Im really disappointed with this petit burguesoi ways of complaning about bugs.

The new man of the glorious revolution shouldnt let small things like not being able to play the game they paid for affect their revolutionary fervor, otherwise we would be like those weak willed westerns with their bug free stable games.

Where is the strengh into not enduring hardship? Bugs make you strong and more resilient, that is comrade Stalin ways.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
On a completely unrelated topic, is anyone using teamwork feats? I'm the kind of player that like to change my characters out based on what I'm doing, so my set for going to the Trolls was almost completely different from my "main" set of characters, so I don't feel like I want to invest in teamwork feats aside maybe from "obvious" and ever-present (in my group) combos such as Octavia/Rorgangar, but those are also the exact people that are extremely feat-starved, so it just doesn't happen. At the same time, by the time I stopped playing (lvl 8) after the Trolls, I felt like I was running out of feats for some characters, so I may be more or less "forced" to take teamwork feats, I dunno.

Yeah, I would say no game did spell UI better than Icewind Dale 2 yet (or NWN2 if you put spellbook on screen open), the MMO hotbars are kinda worthless. PoE did it correctly too.
If I could scale everything down ~20% or so, increase the size of the log, and have some permanently open space specifically for abilities and my belt, I'd be happy to open up my spell-bar separately every time I want to cast a spell, but right now, since you also only can have one item from a stack in the belt at a time, even though you can easily move things from the backpack to the belt, is horseshit.

It's a major contributor to why I'm practically not using my belt at all. Since it's a constantly-changing thing, I tend to just forget about it, since it's basically of circumstantial importance.

Reading about all these new bugs for once makes me happy I'm stuck with two versions out of date linux gog game, unlike the rest of you playtesters players.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom