Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey, set in ancient Greece - it's definitely an RPG now

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
guys stop using AC: O. The previous entry was also AC: O.

This one marks a new incline rebirth of the series and therefore it gets the right to use the name.
It could also be read as Assassin's Creed: One.

:smug:

Parkour faggotry is finally over and Ubisoft is giving us what we need: AAARPG-lite popamole in various interesting settings. :incline:

Prime Junta

I think it says something about AC:Origins that the tour mode is actually more interesting than the last one-third of the game. It would've been so easy for them to half-arse the setting, but they didn't. They deserve a lot of credit for that.

I would even be willing to forgive the retarded MMO advancement if the game wasn't so massively padded with unnecessary fluff, not to mention the blatant monetisation bullshit that comes this close to ruining the whole thing. It's a real irony that a game where the whole theme is extolling revolution is so utterly in thrall to the consumerist instant-gratification loop in the gameplay and capitalist monetisation as a primary design consideration. Assassin's Greed indeed.

I still think I'm gonna play Odyssey too, if only so I can rant about it righteously here.

If I finish it in a reasonable time and I'm still righteously angry about it, I might even submit a review.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Everything with darker skin than Dolph Lundgren is a nigger! :obviously:

You just put some marketing images that have nothing to do with the game!

Greeks don't look like that:

CWntdR7.png

iFRsSKb.png

bXwtjNB.jpg

rl0SUV1.jpg

And,not that is not how tan works. I have been to Greece more than enough times and know a few Greeks,even have some Greek blood in my family. This is just sjw black washing shit! If that is the hill you want to die on,then so be it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:negative:
People really get brainwashed like the good little goys they are. Modern people can't even recognize what is white. This are just the reskinned models from the nigger asscreed. They have nigger colour of the skin while having European facial features. It is really obvious!

jf8350143

Liturgist
The game has shit ton of content, I'm level 40 but I haven't even visit at least one third of the map,also the side quest is much more entertaining comparing to Origin. I'm having a better time playing this game than Witcher 3, since the combat feels much better and the world is much more beautiful.

I don't think the game forces you to grind. You need to do side quest to level your characters up, but that's normal among RPGs, and if you don't do sidequest when playing a RPG, you are doing it wrong.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
You just put some marketing images that have nothing to do with the game!

I did not say there aren't NPC niggers, there are - but the Player is definitely not of the negroid variety.

The images I posted were of the Player Character, and they do look like that in game.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
People really get brainwashed like the good little goys they are. Modern people can't even recognize what is white. This are just the reskinned models from the nigger asscreed. They have nigger colour of the skin while having European facial features. It is really obvious!

Yes, that's what usually happens to people who live in moderately warm environments and expose their whole bodies to the sun on a daily basis.

Phobos

Novice
I only have 7h of playtime but the dialogue so far has been very "modern" as it uses too many modern words and proverbs that claw you right out the immersion. I remember Origin doing it much better. Also it's very goofy sometimes.

Villagkouras

Arcane
I only have 7h of playtime but the dialogue so far has been very "modern" as it uses too many modern words and proverbs that claw you right out the immersion. I remember Origin doing it much better. Also it's very goofy sometimes.

Yeah even the word "malaka" which now means asshole or wanker had the meaning of tender or lazy back then.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Game is entertaining and all, but there's so much shit that is honestly so poorly thought...

The use of the word "OK" in conversations in ancient Greece, and other anachronisms.

Absolutely braindead retarded AI (at least in Hard, which I'm playing at), where you can kill a guard in front of his friends, leap over a ledge and be forgotten 20 seconds later, ad nauseum. I even sneak attacked a dude over a ledge, just crawled past the corner of the ledge so he couldn't see me, and managed to sneak attack him again 20 seconds after the first one.

My horse can climb pretty much whatever he wants and leap from cliffs mostly unharmed. If he dies though, I still survive the fall. Furthermore, I can climb even sheer rock with my bare hands wherever I go.

I fucking loathe the fact that shit is level-dependent rather than actually mechanically different.

They sipped too hard from the Shadow of Mordor kool-aid and it shows.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yes, that's what usually happens to people who live in moderately warm environments and expose their whole bodies to the sun on a daily basis.
I see that you haven't seen "such" people in your life. If you had,then you would have know that this is no tan but a nigger skin!

I can't believe that there are so many retards that play this sjw propaganda....no wonder that the west is going down the drain.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!

Yes, this title has dropped all pretense of being historically accurate. This happens in fantasy Greece where Odysseus was an actual living person, Zeus is a god and King Leonidas looks and talks exactly like in Zack Snyder's movie, 300.

These are all good things, btw. It's not like Ubi and their AssCreed games could ever do "historic fiction" plausibly before. This game is probably about as serious and "authentic" as you and a bunch of your mates on a Sunday afternoon doing a PnP session of "Ancient Greece the RPG". They'll use modern Greek as a substitute for ancient Greek, they'll model characters after modern Greeks instead of ... you get the picture.

I fucking loathe the fact that shit is level-dependent rather than actually mechanically different.

That's been the standard for this kind of RPG since Mass Effect was released in 2009. Unless you're talking about level gating, like they did in Fallout:NV and a number of other games.

Prime Junta

Started AC:Odyssey. First impressions.

Brawling is a bit better than in Origins. It's not all made dodging and stabbing, there's a bit of tactical stuff to it too. I practiced on the first merc that's hunting you and got better at it. Mad dodging and stabbing works too though. I'm using a spear and it actually looks like somebody fighting with a spear -- jabbing with it to keep the other guy at a distance; in Origins Bayek swung wildly with it which looked really dumb.

Chatter sounds better. Almost as if they got native Greek speakers to do it this time.

The scenery makes me want to go swim in the Mediterranean so bad it's not even funny. We had a really good vacation in Croatia early in 2017 and I want to do it all over again.

The rest is seriously meh. I'm playing as Kassandra (because it's a third-person brawler, whose ass do you want to look at for 40 hours or more?) and it is seriously jarring that nobody acknowledges that it's the tiniest bit odd for a woman to be a mercenary. Major missed opportunity there -- if they want to make it possible to play as an Amazon then by gum the world should acknowledge how badass that is given the status women really had back then.

The way Spartans are portrayed is really dumb. They didn't have family lives like that. Also, where are all the helots? I know I ain't seen much yet but ancient Greece was a society based on slavery and I'd expect that to be visible even in a backwoods island like Kefalonia. I am disappoint given the attempt at verisimilitude that Origins had.

Naval combat was utter chaos. I suck at it of course because I haven't had any practice, but it was a giant game of clown cars with fiery arrows.

And then of course there's the cancerous level mechanics and the rest of the stuff that Origins also did really badly. I don't get (yet at least) how this is much more RPG than Origins -- there are occasional dialogue options but most of the significant ones seem to end in exactly the same place ("I'll accept the quest") while others are mostly just flavour, e.g. flirted with a NPC, then said something that pissed her off so she walk off; I presume that picking some other option might've resulted in some pixelated lesbian smooching.

All in all I'm already much less impressed by this than I was with Origins, despite the better brawling.

As a non-Greek-speaker, I much prefer fluently and naturally spoken modern Greek to badly-pronounced stilted Koiné Greek (or Coptic, or Latin), like in Origins. Especially as historical accuracy really doesn't appear to be a priority this time around.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why don't we have a vomit rating!!!!

I can't watch this rape of ancient greek culture,they weren't a bunch of liberal faggots. Can't stand this modern propaganda and ravaging of history!!! Pox on all the ubisoft people and the fans of their games,may the most painful death get you!!!

DeepOcean

Arcane

I can't watch this rape of ancient greek culture,they weren't a bunch of liberal faggots. Can't stand this modern propaganda and ravaging of history!!! Pox on all the ubisoft people and the fans of their games,may the most painful death get you!!!
You've seen nothing, on Origins, there is a scene where your waifu goes alone to kill some dude and light a lighthouse, she has problems and take too long then the game cuts out to cuck husband that basically explain to some other dude how his feminazi needs no man when he says she needs help.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

the ancient greeks were insanely gay though

one of plato's essays is a plea to teachers to please stop fucking their sexy young male students so much and start teaching them properly at least some of the time (but he admits that it's tempting to do the former and the only reason it's wrong is because they were promised an education so that'd be dishonest)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

the ancient greeks were insanely gay though
:hmmm:
Read some greek books and history! You sound like a brainwashed american. Faggotry was always looked down up in history. A bunch of liberal retards decided to say that the times were gay and stupid people just believed it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom