Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
the DM interrupts my wanderings with new draconian rules. Want to level up? You need to choose which class to level up, select new powers, and distribute stat points.

:abyssgazer:
So, like in every RPG ever?

Also, the game has an auto-level setting if he doesn't want to be bothered with that stuff.
They'd have to play the game to know that, and nevermind following the draconian and confusing settings on the options screen.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
ahahaha oh god that just happened

This game has the most Baldur's Gate moment ever

You'll know when you get there

Brancaleone

Liturgist
What kind of a person one has to be to defend adding levelling mechanics (or any mechanics) to my role-playing games!? Those games are about playing a role you ignorant! You're literally worse than Hitler!
I was worse than Hitler before it was cool.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Shield bash doesn't work, or some feat related to it.

Do tell, please.
I was planning to play a Vivisectionist using shield bash with Light Shield sneak attacks, following Pope Amole's build.

Elex

Arbiter
oh she is Italian?

La comparazione con gli rpg da tavolo è completamente sballata: in particolare perchè la si butta sui gusti personali. “a me questo stile di DM” non piace, oh ma io so qua a leggere di pathfinder non sapere quale tipo di master ti piace in D&D. Devo leggere fino in fondo all’articolo per sapere che il gioco è vicino a baldur’s gate e neverwinter night piuttosto che ad una sessione dove un DM ti fa fare robe strane come ti pare? ma a che serve questo articolo????

just in case.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Shield bash doesn't work, or some feat related to it.

Do tell, please.
I was planning to play a Vivisectionist using shield bash with Light Shield sneak attacks, following Pope Amole's build.
I don't know why he made that build when you can just cast Shield and get a +4 Shield AC bonus for free.

Good point.

But a +5 shield will offer 2 AC more... and so will the Shield Wall teamwork feat with Valerie. 4 AC is quite a difference...
although there might some two-weapon defense feats to mitigate it? But maybe it would work with a bashing shield as well?

Edit: Two Weapon Defense is supposed to be a shield bonus, so probably doesn't stack with the spell or actual shield.

But back to my originaly question: why does shield bash not work/how is it broken?

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
According to Steamspy the game has owners in the 100 000 to 200 000 range.
This could outsell Deadfire, or possibly already has.
I don't rely too much on Steamspy since the change of Steam policy, I think the site became fairly inaccurate. After being a Top Seller for almost 2 weeks, I would be disappointed with only 200K in sales.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
According to Steamspy the game has owners in the 100 000 to 200 000 range.
This could outsell Deadfire, or possibly already has.
The same was true for Deadfire. The time to gloat is if it reaches the 200,000 to 300,000 bracket, unlike Deadfire (though according to the leak, it's sold 203,000 copies as of July).

Canus

Savant
The opening line of that review, 'Starting a new tabletop RPG campaign is a bit like joining an complicated polyamorous relationship' gave me a good idea of how this was going to go. The ''After all, the game is a close adaptation of a renowned D&D campaign' line confirmed it.
I've never played Pathfinder, and yet I am aware it's not D&D. It's in the fucking name.

Having read the entire review I feel I may actually hate the person who wrote it.

Turjan

Arcane
The opening line of that review, 'Starting a new tabletop RPG campaign is a bit like joining an complicated polyamorous relationship' gave me a good idea of how this was going to go. The ''After all, the game is a close adaptation of a renowned D&D campaign' line confirmed it.
I've never played Pathfinder, and yet I am aware it's not D&D. It's in the fucking name.
I think that is the least of concerns with that review. Pathfinder is D&D 3.75.

Looks like Ruskies didn't give enough doritodew to RPS.
On second thoughts, actual levelup with CnC is maybe a bit too much for RPS retards. :lol:

Also guys another hotfix for 1.0.6

What does it break?

Does it fix anything?

No patch notes.

Elex

Arbiter
Looks like Ruskies didn't give enough doritodew to RPS.
On second thoughts, actual levelup with CnC is maybe a bit too much for RPS retards. :lol:

Also guys another hotfix for 1.0.6

What does it break?

Does it fix anything?

No patch notes.
the first hotfix of the hotfix break the audio and fix the stat stacking.
the hotfix of the hotfix of the hotfix fix the audio.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
But back to my originaly question: why does shield bash not work/how is it broken?

It was working when I made the guide - I've specifically tested whether or not it is a light weapon, how does it interact with sneak attacks, etc. Seemed to be working all right.

Their patches break a lot each time so beats me, it can be less stable in current version.

And the beauty of shield bash is that it gives you more AC (which matters for tanky builds), it can enable other character's Shield Wall and Bashing Finish is real sweet with 18-20 critical weapons.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Having read the entire review I feel I may actually hate the person who wrote it.
It's also hilarious calling Kingmaker "renowned". It is actually infamous for being shit, and widely acknowledged for being one of the worst and most disappointing adventure paths, especially given the amazing premise of the campaign. It has tons of original mechanics that were never playtested (so I guess PF:K follows in that tradition), leading to all soets of oddities and circumstances that either dl not work or that are easily exploitable by the party (I don't remember the specifics, but basically, doing the things that would make the most sense narratively fucks you over mechanically, leading to the best (and easily deductable) option being to keep your barony in the dirt, etc.)

I was planning a Pathfinder Campaign for a while, and I really wanted to play Kingmaker based on the premise. After discussing it with several veterans on unrelated forums/chats/etc. I decided to just say fuck it.

Edit: It would be interesting to see a "Kingmaker Enhanced Edition" or some kind of remake, in the wake of the success of the game, but given how Paizo has moved on to Pathfinder 2nd Ed., confirmed shit, that's unlikely to happen. Or at least unlikely to happen in a way anyone would care to see.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom