Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
From the comments:

Doesn’t sounds like my cup of tea at all, and the dryness of the writing makes it unlikely that I will try (in contrast with say, PoE).

I found the combat in dos/2 more tedious, slower, and harder than PK. I bounced off both dos and dos2 hard because they’re incredibly stingy with resurrection scrolls. I’ve dead ended myself in both games before you get to cast it as a spell.

hexer

I was planning a Pathfinder Campaign for a while, and I really wanted to play Kingmaker based on the premise. After discussing it with several veterans on unrelated forums/chats/etc. I decided to just say fuck it.

As a DM, I'll humbly recommend this masterpiece

jd8AOuy.jpg

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Edit: Luckmann by the feather token quest do you mean the one with the nyxie holding the lumberjacks hostage? I saved them and the guy acted like I’d let them die, but I figured that was because I’d taken too long to get the feathers.
No, it's a bug because the quest end is coded really badly.

It all depends on whether or not certain actors are on screen and in one of the quest endings (where you hug her like Creepy Joe Biden), it clears her from the screen and takes the two captives with her. This causes the death dialog to trigger for the lumberjack guy.

It's also bugged the other way. If you don't hug her, it doesn't clear her or anyone from the screen, which makes the lumberjack guy acknowledge you saved his men. But if you talk to her again (since she was never cleared from the screen) after talking to the guy and he and his men are removed from the screen, she thinks you murdered them all.

hell bovine

Arcane
What is the availability of arcane scrolls in chapters +2? Trying to decide between giving a sorceress a new roll or trying a wizard instead.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Question on the bloom questline ending:
was there supposed to be a REAL choice between saving Kesten (the useless moron who INSISTS on running into a cave full of monsters without backup) and Jhod?
because in my game I accidentally saved them both because I forgot to talk to Jhod after saving the city and then went to Kesten and both lived.
or do both live regardless and it's a fake choice?
Because I noticed afterward that I had to manually place Jhod back in my Divine Advisor slot.

Yosharian

Arcane
Shield bash doesn't work, or some feat related to it.

Do tell, please.
I was planning to play a Vivisectionist using shield bash with Light Shield sneak attacks, following Pope Amole's build.
I don't know why he made that build when you can just cast Shield and get a +4 Shield AC bonus for free.

Good point.

But a +5 shield will offer 2 AC more... and so will the Shield Wall teamwork feat with Valerie. 4 AC is quite a difference...
although there might some two-weapon defense feats to mitigate it? But maybe it would work with a bashing shield as well?

Edit: Two Weapon Defense is supposed to be a shield bonus, so probably doesn't stack with the spell or actual shield.

But back to my originaly question: why does shield bash not work/how is it broken?
Well, ok, but a +5 shield is pretty lategame gear. Not sure that I'm convinced that an extra +2 AC (1 AC from Buckler, +5 from enhancement, total +6) over the Shield spell is worth building a character around, especially considering how many feats you have to get.

Shield Wall teamwork feats, well that's even worse because now I have to build other characters to use shields too. And it's only when they're adjacent, that isn't going to happen all the time, so it's very situational.

Not convinced.

Two-Weapon Defense isn't in the game. But really, +4 Shield AC from the Shield spell is very good.

But, it's not a bad build. I just don't think it's optimal on a character that can cast Shield.

Andnjord

Arcane
That feeling when your munchkin of a character not only survives, but also obliterates the
Nymph's trap at the Verdant Chambers
, killing every monster solo in the process :incline:

EDIT: Ok, I didn't actually dare to go against the Bloatfly.

EDIT 2: Even better when some foolish gang of brigands tries to attack the lawful (evil) ruler of the lands on her way back! :D

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Shield bash doesn't work, or some feat related to it.

Do tell, please.
I was planning to play a Vivisectionist using shield bash with Light Shield sneak attacks, following Pope Amole's build.
Shield bash works and it is pretty cool when you finish someone with a shield and they get bashed away with all the combat effects.

It really takes time to remove all the penalties through leveling though and get actual real bonuses, and you need good shield (I believe there is actually a Spiked light shield in the game) and various damage bonuses. It is more of a late game project.

Elex

Arbiter
Vatnik Wumao

Canus

Savant
was there supposed to be a REAL choice between saving Kesten (the useless moron who INSISTS on running into a cave full of monsters without backup) and Jhod?
because in my game I accidentally saved them both because I forgot to talk to Jhod after saving the city and then went to Kesten and both lived.
Because I noticed afterward that I had to manually place Jhod back in my Divine Advisor slot.

Once Kesten leaves for the Womb there's two countdown timers that start, one for him and one for Jhod. If either reaches zero that character will be dead / dying oh his wounds when you get to them. It is entirely possible to save both, although apparently Kesten has the quicker of the timers

Emmanuel2

Savant
Just finished Stag Lord on Unfair Player Character only.

Probably the best difficulty progression for solo is Challenging until Sycamore arc is done -> Hard for what's left including killing all the bandit reinforcements inside the Stag Lord's camp -> Hard/Unfair for Stag Lord fight.

Build and screenshot:
BVAAW3c.jpg

6jiuNdb.jpg
7JZjNGP.jpg

TPk14zQ.jpg

Dodo1610

Arcane

Once Kesten leaves for the Womb there's two countdown timers that start, one for him and one for Jhod. If either reaches zero that character will be dead / dying oh his wounds when you get to them. It is entirely possible to save both, although apparently Kesten has the quicker of the timers

Yes if you go first to the womb to save Kesten and then head immediately to your capital both survive. I came to late and Kesten died.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Yes if you go first to the womb to save Kesten and then head immediately to your capital both survive. I came to late and Kesten died.
What do you do with the afterbirth? I still haven't found a use.

Syme

Arbiter
Just finished Stag Lord on Unfair Player Character only.

Probably the best difficulty progression for solo is Challenging until Sycamore arc is done -> Hard for what's left including killing all the bandit reinforcements inside the Stag Lord's camp -> Hard/Unfair for Stag Lord fight.

Build and screenshot:
BVAAW3c.jpg

6jiuNdb.jpg
7JZjNGP.jpg

TPk14zQ.jpg

That fucking Mastodon should be made Baron. You're just his retinue to buff and heal in between fights.

Canus

Savant
According to the devs they should have a patch that fixes the stacking bug on saved games by 9pm tonight, Moscow time.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Any good female crusader/paladin portraits?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom