Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Finally got chance to try this game out. Spent a couple of hours in the character generation interface. That was unexpected. Good stuff! Had only about an hour left to play the game afterwards, and I honestly can't wait to play some more.

The game is still quite rough around the edges, though, and not exactly forthcoming with useful information. Sure, lots of Pathfinder PnP info to be had online, but I'd like to know what they included or changed for the cRPG version before I start. Oh wait, they included a manual of sorts in the installation folder, PFKM-reference_document.pdf! Let's see what they did with the PrCs ... only info on the Arcane Trickster. Hmm, the sorcerer maybe? No entry. Ok, what about this Universalist Spell Focus, that's mainly what I wanted to know anyway? Nothing.
Nevermind, I'll just wing it, I'll probably restart again anyway. Half an hour in, I'm staring at this, and I have no idea whatsoever what is happening here. I have to admit I never played any Pathfinder, and it's been a while since I played any DnD, so maybe someone else can explain it to me.

ehdD0Ky.png

I'd love to play some more, but I'm inclined to hold off for a while longer now.
That guy uses Mirror Image spell to protect himself. You hit one of his images.

Reinhardt

Arcane
By the way, if you're not interested in Valerie (which my current all custom party definitely isn't), the paladin letter-writter drops:
Heavy flail

Well worth killing some holy man I say :incline:
But why she has slashing wound? This keep bothering me.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Someone just killed ratos on level 4 and leveled to level 5 and memorized 3 fireballs with 4 spell focus feats.

Someone else is gonna get his stag horns burned off

Why the fuck I am missing a burned necklace piece again though. I have 5, 7th is in final fortress, where is 6th right forgot to kill the murder cat

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
Yeah I did some cheatengine thingy and dragonform is bugged. No matter bloodline you'll spawn as black. BUT you'll still use correct breath weapon.
Also if anyone interested you can use spells/feats. And your armor/gear melds in (aka armor bonuses stacks)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
LMFAO This game. Now none of my saves load after working fine earlier today and my saves don't sync online. LMAO

ArchAngel

Arcane
LMFAO This game. Now none of my saves load after working fine earlier today and my saves don't sync online. LMAO
if you got latest patch you need to be patient until game fixes your broken characters or something like that :D

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yeah but my characters weren't broken. I didn't have the stacking bug. And, I just beat the troll king. My saves started to synch but still no loading. This game. Does not make sense. It should be battling the legendary games for top status but there's a certain point that the technical grbage the developers spew simply ruins any good fun you might have with the content. L0LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
And yet nobody simply stops and waits for patches. Seriously, you'll get the best experience without having to frustrate yourselves with the bugs. Win-win. Playing a nu-RPG (and not so nu, *cough* VtmB, Arcanum *cough*) on release month is a bad idea.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Not all of us are teenagers with decades yet to live."

You shouldn't have to wait longer than 3-6 months to get a "completable with minor issues" playthrough.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm fairly sure that the whole 'your kingdom looks different as you progress with it!' feature is something they just didn't complete in time and are letting people think it's just another bug. Even during the coronation when the game (for whatever reason) is forced to show you what your kingdom should look like the only thing I really noticed being different was more NPCs and just a handful of visual changes, nothing that'd warrant any part of that $500,000.

I don't think anything related to the kingdom warrants it. 98% of the 'events' for it are just blurbs on a card that give you +/- x to a kingdom stat, the other 2% are people walking up to the throne and talking for a few minutes. The only thing I assume could be expensive are the models for the city building part but buying and placing buildings seems to have no effect on anything beyond your kingdom's stats.

Shadenuat

Arcane
she has dc23 fireballs

she makes sweet pancakes for whole party
28POCkF.jpg

Easiest Staglord kill ever. Dual magic missiles from main + Octavia, Protection from Arrows Communal and then just everything dies to Web + Fireball. Wizords rule.

gestalt11

Arbiter
I wonder what made them release this now rather than 3 months from now, they just needed like 2 months of playtesting. Most of this stuff is a bajillion broken feats and errors in quest progression. Might be some balance refinements in kingdom managment/difficulty math and maybe some way to let people get the right types of armor/weapons.

Its clearly out of alpha and essentially feature complete, but its like they never beta tested it.

cruelio

Savant
Epic game, the incline is here

The final confrontation. The Lantern King with me and Nyrissa standing against him.
After a fierce battle, the Lantern King finaly stands defeated! He offers me immortality and a place at his side, as a general of his forces and a honored servant, while she offers me similar: Eternal youth, immortality and rebirth of my kingdom in Golarion. Those two seeming my only options, I chose to oppose the Lantern King, even if none of the options suit me, at least I should be left with a kingdom of my own, to shape in the future as I see fit. And so it is.
Nyrissa tells me that now our kingdoms are entertwined, and will prosper together, conquer together and perhaps someday even rule the world.

Just kidding. You get a bug in the end as the final middle finger from the developers of this bugfest.

264tp5w7zxq11.jpg

cruelio

Savant
Steam cheevos still saying not a single human being has beaten the game. This may be because there’s no ending:

“This is actually funny because while going through the source code i found the possible “game ends” conditions and noticed it didnt seem to include a victory. In my naïveté, i thought there must be some other function call that handles it because surely they wouldnt ...”

Shadenuat

Arcane
From what I've seen people beaten it and seen at least 1 ending.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom