Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Turjan

Arcane
Let's see whether they want to sell their DLC's before the game is fixed.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Mideast-Israel-Palest_sham-6.jpg

Accurate description of how I feel in some of these fights in the game. :lol:

Mortmal

Arcane
As i said a few times,the game will be glorious after all the patches and DLCs are out! Playing it is like being in abusive relationship and having stockholm syndrome! It is just too good to walk way...:negative:

you are assuming the DLC won't break the game and require 75 hotfixes each release?

I am not retarded mate,of course i will wait for all the patches!
You wont, you wont have the patience and will day one purchase. We will cause we are codexers and we have issues...

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Alright I'm calling it quits, Act 3 dungeon was enough pathfinder and now I can't level up any of my characters because there's a %button% on my level up screen RIP

Only 200 hours of Dragon Quest post game to play until this game is patched \o/

Israfael

Arcane
Does owlbear just never attack the stag lord or him running away was some sort of bug? Although he and the priest guy who betrays the lord are probably more than enough to solo him without any help from the PC party.

I dont get it, how is a sling not two handed? you can use a sling one handed?
According to the SRD, you can fire the sling with one hand, but need both for loading.
is a sling different than a slingshot? I know there are slings people whip with one hand and a more accurate but maybe less powerful ones where people pull a band back between a wishbone shaped stick.
The bog standard D&D ones are the ones you see in the image Alienman linked. In the end, you have to live with the rules of the system. They don't always match real life.

For most situations in a computer game, the difference between one-handed when fired and two-handed when loading doesn't really come into play.
okay, I see the picture now, I can understand it being one-handed. I was thinking of the old tom sawyer type slingshot which honestly always felt sort of funny to me to imagine some dude in a robe back plinking dragons and armored hulks with marbles

Shadenuat

Arcane
Interesting, I reached Bartholomew this time basically same days Act II began,
and there are no trolls, no infighting between various monsters and bandits, different dialogue and he is even outside and his traps are all in place including funny illusion dude.
Nice change of pace.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
According to the SRD, you can fire the sling with one hand, but need both for loading.
is a sling different than a slingshot? I know there are slings people whip with one hand and a more accurate but maybe less powerful ones where people pull a band back between a wishbone shaped stick.
The bog standard D&D ones are the ones you see in the image Alienman linked. In the end, you have to live with the rules of the system. They don't always match real life.

For most situations in a computer game, the difference between one-handed when fired and two-handed when loading doesn't really come into play.
okay, I see the picture now, I can understand it being one-handed. I was thinking of the old tom sawyer type slingshot which honestly always felt sort of funny to me to imagine some dude in a robe back plinking dragons and armored hulks with marbles

Don't underestimate slings my friend. The Spanish conquistadores that went to South America chronicled usage of slings by Andean slingers; they wrote down that at a moderate range the impact and effect of a sling from right angle, launched without interruption, was similar to that of an arquebus shot. It could bend and damage breastplates, it would also break bone and lodge itself in flesh if the stone hit unarmoured part of the body. They noted even on armour the hit could be devastating in blunt trauma and a square hit to helmet could even cause death.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Does owlbear just never attack the stag lord or him running away was some sort of bug? Although he and the priest guy who betrays the lord are probably more than enough to solo him without any help from the PC party.
In my game he never actually got to the Stag Lord's platform but he definitely tanked a bunch of the bandit mooks.
Interesting, I reached Bartholomew this time basically same days Act II began,
and there are no trolls, no infighting between various monsters and bandits, different dialogue and he is even outside and his traps are all in place including funny illusion dude.
Nice change of pace.
Yeah, that's what happened to me. I'm not actually sure what the deal is with the whip, never encountered it and I scoured the Dwarven Ruins pretty thoroughly.

Don't underestimate slings my friend. The Spanish conquistadores that went to South America chronicled usage of slings by Andean slingers; they wrote down that at a moderate range the impact and effect of a sling from right angle, launched without interruption, was similar to that of an arquebus shot. It could bend and damage breastplates, it would also break bone and lodge itself in flesh if the stone hit unarmoured part of the body. They noted even on armour the hit could be devastating in blunt trauma and a square hit to helmet could even cause death.
I realize the one handed slings used by skirmishers and such can be deadly, I was talking more about the little tom sawyer slingshot type sling.

hell bovine

Arcane
just to be clear

i should wait until the game is finished, yes
Well, chapter 1 is playable and showcases nicely what the rest of the game would be like, if not for the bugs.

So if you have enough self control to stop after the first chapter you have nothing to fear. Otherwise you'll join the ranks of the tormented here.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Alright I'm done with gaming for this year, this game has crushed my will, my soul, my erections, jesus christ I havent played a game so broken in all my life. I mean it's a good game but boy it's covered in shit and it stinks beyond belief, such a disappointing year for gaming, broken games, mediocre games, shitty ass games, when it will end, when???

If you used old savegames (before the last 2-3 patches) then your game will be definitely fucked but you can restart.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I honestly dont know how to react to this.

I just finished jaethal's quest only to see this bug.

1XLiZBb

As you can see I have finished the quest but on the other hand on the actual screen.....

EDIT:
Idk how to post pics I'm stupid af so here is the links

https://imgur.com/1XLiZBb

https://imgur.com/QvZtZTN

QvZtZTN

You have to visit your capital EVERY MONTH! :) At least once. The game informs you of that. Pay some fucking attention.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Harrim is that guy who downloads TOR in hopes of finding an Eastern European street doctor that makes human dolls out of people.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
:shredder:
It must be a left over from the cut content. This game is really rushed,it needed a few more months in the oven.
Usually solved by strapping the shield to your arm, allowing you to let go of it for the purpose of loading the sling. It has always been this way by RAW/SRD, including both PF and 3.5, but I haven't seen a single game or DM that I can remember enforce the supposed two-handedness of slings, although I know DM:s that (very reasonably) argue that you cannot use your shield while reloading, meaning that if you take Attacks of Opportunity, you don't benefit from your shield. Can't remember a game that implemented that either, but it should be easy enough for Owlcat to add that, if they feel the need.
:shredder:
It must be a left over from the cut content. This game is really rushed,it needed a few more months in the oven.

War of the river kings was never tested, the map clearly stinks of cut content, most scripts in pitax are broken, enemy stats are broken, 55 AC on a common guard :

Even if broken and unfinished the game is a lot better than anything Obsidian had put out in the last half a decade.
Not doubt about it, wich is extremely sad they weren't allowed to finish and do proper QA.
As i said a few times,the game will be glorious after all the patches and DLCs are out! Playing it is like being in abusive relationship and having stockholm syndrome! It is just too good to walk way...:negative:
The game will change, I know it, it's a great game, deep inside, I swear, and to be honest, I deserve it, I should've believed in incline... it'll get better, I swear, just give it time!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom