Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
So, I've dug a bit in the files and it turns out that there's plenty of possible different endings, for companions and other things. With people claiming they're not implemented, my guess is they're either bugged or were not properly developed and thus actually not put into the game.

If anybody wants to check by themselves, literally every single dialogue/written thing in the game is inside the file enGB.json, which is itself located under the folder Pathfinder Kingmaker--->Kingmaker_Data--->Streaming Assets--->Localization.

Obviously don't check it out if you want to avoid spoilers.
As more time passes and more info is revealed, this game becomes higher and higher on list of games that desperately need an Enhanced Edition.
enhanced edition? how about they finish making the regular game first?

ArchAngel

Arcane
So, I've dug a bit in the files and it turns out that there's plenty of possible different endings, for companions and other things. With people claiming they're not implemented, my guess is they're either bugged or were not properly developed and thus actually not put into the game.

If anybody wants to check by themselves, literally every single dialogue/written thing in the game is inside the file enGB.json, which is itself located under the folder Pathfinder Kingmaker--->Kingmaker_Data--->Streaming Assets--->Localization.

As more time passes and more info is revealed, this game becomes higher and higher on list of games that desperately need an Enhanced Edition.
enhanced edition? how about they finish making the regular game first?
Shhh let me tell you a secret but you cannot tell anyone
I mean it, don't tell anyone
Enhanced Edition will be their finished Regular game

Serus

Arcane
Patron

To quote myself from page 70 in this thread:
So guys, to change the subject from all this drama a bit. What do you think, when can we except the Beamdog's Enhanced Edition?
:smug:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
My reign of stupid steamrolling has ended with 3 Owlbears. They are brutal. 50+ criticals. Wtf. I'm traumatized.

These little shits are worse than Trollking and Tartuk. Fuck them.

Witch's swamp -> map top-right -> 3 owlbears -> these are the wererats for chapter 2 or 3. I cannot beat them at lvl7. They hit like trucks. GG for trolling.

Last edited:

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Can't leave the tavern.... again. Last time it was some stupid romance trying to trigger, this time i suspect it is the nigger companion quest.

Come to think of it, I could do without the kingdom building thing entirely, just some base of operations with a few upgrades would be enough, without flooding you with 45334 loading screens.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Can't leave the tavern.... again. Last time it was some stupid romance trying to trigger, this time i suspect it is the nigger companion quest.

Come to think of it, I could do without the kingdom building thing entirely, just some base of operations with a few upgrades would be enough, without flooding you with 45334 loading screens.
Here you go: https://store.steampowered.com/app/291650/Pillars_of_Eternity/
Sorry, cannot do anything about the loading screens.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
Well, you can put kingdom development on auto. If it isn't bugged, that is.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Maybe it is a logical development... players learned to stay away from early crapcess, so they now disguise it as finished game to get more free testers. :D

Shadenuat

Arcane
some usual stuff from steam (but to be fair, he never argued that game failed - admitted was his mistake)

Wait, are you telling me that you actually can pick the same spell multiple times in the spell preparation tab?

and some unusual stuff. Not all is lost. they finally begin to get this.

BLINDNESS!!
The Doomspider main component for its AC is a +8 from dexterity.
My Limzi has blindness AND it's really a gamechanger for some encounters.

Once blinded I killed it in 2 rounds.

:salute:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
some usual stuff from steam (but to be fair, he never argued that game failed - admitted was his mistake)

Wait, are you telling me that you actually can pick the same spell multiple times in the spell preparation tab?

and some unusual stuff. Not all is lost. they finally begin to get this.

BLINDNESS!!
The Doomspider main component for its AC is a +8 from dexterity.
My Limzi has blindness AND it's really a gamechanger for some encounters.

Once blinded I killed it in 2 rounds.

:salute:

inb4 P:K finally teaches retards how to play. A modern miracle.

MTy5bRB.jpg

covr

Prophet
Patron

Here you go: https://store.steampowered.com/app/291650/Pillars_of_Eternity/
Sorry, cannot do anything about the loading screens.

Leave this gay crap away from this prestigious thread.

Sentinel

Arcane
Is there a way to disable the side bars? Shit's annoying as fuck. Even if I remove all the spells from it the fucking bar won't go away.

Salvo

Arcane
Is there a way to disable the side bars? Shit's annoying as fuck. Even if I remove all the spells from it the fucking bar won't go away.

What side bar?

EDIT: If it's the big vertical bar on the side where you can hotkey your skills/spells, just click the arrow until it goes away.

Sentinel

Arcane

What side bar?

EDIT: If it's the big vertical bar on the side where you can hotkey your skills/spells, just click the arrow until it goes away.

Press the arrow in the middle of it.
Yep, doesn't work. Just comes up anyway as combat starts and the arrow disappears.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
My reign of stupid steamrolling has ended with 3 Owlbears. They are brutal. 50+ criticals. Wtf. I'm traumatized.

These little shits are worse than Trollking and Tartuk. Fuck them.

Witch's swamp -> map top-right -> 3 owlbears -> these are the wererats for chapter 2 or 3. I cannot beat them at lvl7. They hit like trucks. GG for trolling.
Oglaf has comics about Owbear. Of course you have party of 6 not 2, thus there are 3 owlbears.

edit: There you have it. Two vs one owlbear.
nukYveJ.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom