Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I read this in a review on rockpapershotgun

Blightor

Novice
Oh god. I read this as part of the review of Pathfinder: Kingmaker on rockpapershotgun.

"But all too often, the DM interrupts my wanderings with new draconian rules. Want to level up? You need to choose which class to level up, select new powers, and distribute stat points. But does your build even make sense? Who knows. Want to rest? Here is a new fiddly menu."

Bahahahahaha.

Is this the world we live in! IS IT?

I want to complaint about my RPG being an RPG. SMH.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
But does your build even make sense?

What does that even mean? You're doing the build, aren't you? So... it's up to you to "make sense"?
Ah, right, it means: why can't the game choose for me a predefined character so I can just push the awesome button and see the story.

Is there a story mode in this game, btw?

Dodo1610

Arcane
But does your build even make sense?

What does that even mean? You're doing the build, aren't you? So... it's up to you to "make sense"?
Ah, right, it means: why can't the game choose for me a predefined character so I can just push the awesome button and see the story.

Is there a story mode in this game, btw?

There is one but I read posts on Steam forum that it's still too hard for some idots.

Ranarama

Learned
Meh. The worst that could be said for P:K is that some of their skills, feats and abilities need better descriptions of how they affect the game as they have implemented them.

Blightor

Novice
I love pathfinder. Its got bugs. Its got shitty descriptions of some of those skills, and the fucking thing loads forever.

But my goodness I love it.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
"But all too often, the DM interrupts my wanderings with new draconian rules. Want to level up? You need to choose which class to level up, select new powers, and distribute stat points. But does your build even make sense? Who knows. Want to rest? Here is a new fiddly menu."

Why do these people play RPGs ? Let alone review them ...

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
"But all too often, the DM interrupts my wanderings with new draconian rules. Want to level up? You need to choose which class to levelup..."
That doesn't make any sense at all. Level Ups interrupt "my wanderings"? Except that they don't. You get a "+" in the characters portrait indicating he is ready to level up like in any other RPG of that sort. I have no idea which other "draconian rules" the reviewer is referring to.

octavius

Arcane
Patron

Why do these people play RPGs ?

"For the story."

Let alone review them ...Let alone review them ...

Now that's a mystery.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nowadaya Kotaku makes better review of games than RPS.

And RPS comment section and contributors are insanely SJW as well not unlike Kotaku.

Read the site since like 2010/11, just stopped reading last year due to how shitty RPS becomes. Literally decline in term of site quality. The only site I feel declined harder was Gamespot from its pre 2010s days me think

Machocruz

Arcane
You have a six man party, you can afford to have one character less than optimal. You can shore up your weaknesses with the other 5.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
RPS now makes the site unreadable until you turn off Adblock. I keep visiting the site but I'll never turn it off. I'm considering making a script for greasemonkey to make it viewable. Turning off adblock is not an option, however.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom