Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Geralt of Rivia vs Dovakin of Skyrim

Andhaira

Arcane
Battle begins 100 feet apart. Both armed to the teeth; Dovakin build is a battlemage with swords and sorcery.

Can Aard take on Fus Do Rah?

Who wins? YOU DECIDE! DISCUSS!

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Dovahkid has access to the Blade so he wins.

1200px-BladesSword.png

DraQ

Arcane
Geralt is mainly a superb swordsman with superhuman reflexes, aided by some rather basic magic and his own quick thinking and experience.

It's sad to say, but against Dovahkin he is outclassed as they will have access to high level magic and Tiid-Klo-Ul shout negating Geralt's main advantage.

Yawn.

PorkBarrellGuy

Dovahkiin chugs 25 Alchemy-crafted megabuff potions in less than a second, becomes a nigh-on invincible damage sponge, proceeds to level poor Geralt.

Incendax

Augur
Geralt is a professional monster hunter. He knows how to deal with trolls. He says “Some may call this junk..” and stands perfectly still so his prey is not startled. He does not move even when a bucket is placed upon his head and all his potions, swords, and pants are taken. He bides his time, patiently, until the Dovahkiin goes AFK to complain on some forum about how shitty the game is... and then?

He crafts a hand crossbow and shoots him in the knee!

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just using lore and assuming both are on their peak strength, Dovahkiin has to win, obviously. That being is just extremely powerful, while a Witcher would rank rather low on an Elder Scrolls power scale. The most powerful beings in Witcher are supposedly dragons IIRC and the Dovahkiin just farts those out of the sky at will.

Taking actual game mechanics into account, Geralt might have a chance due to being way more experienced and able to "exploit" things.

Taking meta-knowledge and memes into account, Dovahkiin has no chance at all.

Last edited:

Machocruz

Arcane
The fight comes down to which one is more slowed down by all the plates and wooden spoons they looted out of sacks.

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
Just using lore and assuming both are on their peak strength, Dovahkiin has to win, obviously. That being is just extremely powerful, while a Witcher would rank rather low on an Elder Scrolls power scale. The most powerful beings in Witcher are supposedly dragons IIRC and the Dovahkiin just farts those out of the sky at will.

Taking actual game mechanics into account, Geralt might have a chance due to being way more experienced and able to "exploit" things.

Using Thu'um to slow down time negates Geralt's drug and mutation powered reflexes.
At this point it boils to great swordsman who dabbles in some basic magic VS powerful battlemage who can also shout reality into submission.

The only way for Geralt to have any chance would be him using assassin tactics which would be very out of character for him - although if Dovahkiin was my Skyrim character, the actual battle would most likely be a drinking contest - no point trying to kill a tru bro like Geralt.

On this field they could be quite an even match.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Using Thu'um to slow down time negates Geralt's drug and mutation powered reflexes.
At this point it boils to great swordsman who dabbles in some basic magic VS powerful battlemage who can also shout reality into submission.

The only way for Geralt to have any chance would be him using assassin tactics which would be very out of character for him - although if Dovahkiin was my Skyrim character, the actual battle would most likely be a drinking contest - no point trying to kill a tru bro like Geralt.
Not really. Geralt being, well, Geralt, would probably have found a way to simply mute the Dovahkiin.
If I understand it correctly (and given that Bethesda sure as hell doesn't know or give a shit about its own lore, I might be as right or wrong as I want to), the shout power very much depends on someone's ability to be actually able to vocalize. The right herbs a morning before and you're down to "just" a battlemage.

PorkBarrellGuy

Not really. Geralt being, well, Geralt, would probably have found a way to simply mute the Dovahkiin.
If I understand it correctly (and given that Bethesda sure as hell doesn't know or give a shit about its own lore, I might be as right or wrong as I want to), the shout power very much depends on someone's ability to be actually able to vocalize. The right herbs a morning before and you're down to "just" a battlemage.

A simple gag stopped Ulfric from using Thu'um, so this makes sense.

Still, it supposes that Geralt knew this encounter was going to happen and prepared accordingly, which was not specified in the OP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom