Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bigger fonts issue TEMPLE+

covr

Prophet
Patron
Bros, devs, help.
I have tried T+ for the first time yesterday, generally my last playthrough with Toee was around 2005, when the fonts were not a big issue due to low res.

Currently my native resolution is 1920x1080, with installed co8, which should increase font size a bit.

On resolution 1920 fonts are much to small to read, the same with 1600. Even on 1200 they are too small and blury.

So I've tried the trick from faq and it's not working. All files are copied to override folder, I've modified relevant file with no in game effect. Does this method still works?

I can provide sshots later today as I will be at work till late hours.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Self bumping this, also tagging Sitra Achara for help

kgpaJzz.png

n2VVMEK.png

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hi, you need to edit the file mapping.json. The other file (newfonts mapping.json) is provided as an example. You can copy its contents over to mapping.json.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Sitra Achara That's the one I have edited (mapping.json), newfonts is opened in background to copy-paste font info (see tabs in notepad++)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Ok, but you've only edited arial-24, which won't affect dialogue. The dialogue font is arial 10 i think.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
The dialogue font in the non-Co8 version (which you appear to be using) is "arial-10". It's also used in a bunch of UIs. I think size 14 is the largest you can go without it messing up the layouts.

upload_2018-10-13_1-41-17.png

upload_2018-10-13_1-41-35.png

In Co8 IIRC they replaced all the instances of arial-10 to priory-12 or arial-12, so for Co8 you'll probably need to edit those instead.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Thanks, I didn't see your response earlier. I am going to reinstall Toee+co8+t+ because I was not able to resize any font at all.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Ok Sitra Achara , I give up, either I am an idiot or latest temple+ is bugged. Clear install, nothing has been amended.

After installation of T+ there are indeed 2 folders in tpdata folder: fonts and overrides (empty). First one has a number of fonts and 2 files

mapping.json
[
{
"id": "arial-bold-24",
"fontFace": "Arial",
"size": 25,
"bold": true,
"italic": false,
"uniformLineHeight": {
"lineHeight": 24.0,
"baseline": 23.0
}
}
]

and newfonts_mapping.json
[
{
"id": "arial-10",
"size": 11,
"bold": false,
"lineHeight": 11.0,
"baseline": 9.0
}
},
{
"id": "arial-12",
"fontFace": "Junicode",
"size": 13,
"lineHeight": 13.0,
"baseline": 12.0
}
},
{
"id": "arial-bold-10",
"size": 11,
"lineHeight": 11.0,
"baseline": 9.0
}
},
{
"id": "arial-bold-24",
"size": 25,
"lineHeight": 24.0,
"baseline": 23.0
}
},
{
"id": "priory-12",
"fontFace": "Junicode",
"size": 13,
"lineHeight": 13.0,
"baseline": 12.0
}
},
{
"id": "scurlock-48",
"fontFace": "Scurlock",
"size": 49,
"lineHeight": 47.0,
"baseline": 44.0
}
}
]

Should those files look like that?

I have copied all files to the overrides folder then I have modified mappings and newfontsmappings changing all size from 11/13 to 14 and nothing changed. Changing value of id also not worked. Coping of all content from newfontsmapping to mapping and then increasing the size also not worked.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
The path should be toee folder/overrides/fonts not tpdata/overrides/fonts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom