Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Denuvo DRM Thread

i was eagerly waiting for total war three kingdoms. if there's something i'd buy right away it's that. i've been waiting for months. then i suddenly realised the obvious, i went to check and it was there: incorporates third party drm.

fuck off.

I hope just checking for piracy results in DRM in other parts of your life next time MadMaxHellfire. Just say no to piracy bro. Either purchase or do not.
yeah, sure, i could buy a denuvo protected game and enjoy it in ONE FUCKING FRAME EVERY FOUR FUCKING SECONDS. that's how denuvo works here.
fuck off denuvo and fuck off you too.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another question bothers me though... is it possible that hackers and crackers just don't see a reason to bother cracking Denuvo-protected games anymore? Mostly because of the games being crap?

Most of the cracking geniuses of old just did it for challenge. I'm guessing many of them have just moved on in life. The scene isn't what it used to be unfortunately.

I also heard a while back that Denuvo hired a lot of ex-scene crackers to work as coders.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
You too taxalot. Think about this:

When people pirate they aren’t paying sales tax. So much for being a hero of justice. You should be ashamed.
I regret to inform you that due to your many hundreds of uses of your avatar you owe aproximately three million dollars in royalties and interest fees. Let us know when you're ready to pay up, criminal scum.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
yeah, sure, i could buy a denuvo protected game and enjoy it in ONE FUCKING FRAME EVERY FOUR FUCKING SECONDS. that's how denuvo works here.

People have measured shit over the years you know, this is pure BS. There's either no change in fps or a very small.

Whilst it is true that it rarely seems to have any impact on performance, it does seem to have an impact on loading times in some games.

I think it all depends on how badly devs implement it.

Mustawd

No, it pretty much changes nothing tax wise, because the money not spent on gaming is usually spent on something else .

And that something else might result in a different tax rate. Ever think of THAT tax man?

Seriously, why am I not your boss right now?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Another question bothers me though... is it possible that hackers and crackers just don't see a reason to bother cracking Denuvo-protected games anymore? Mostly because of the games being crap?

That's an urban myth.

Pretty much everything used to be cracked. And it still is. Well, as long as it's not too difficult, I guess. If you find cracks for random shovelware you can safely say that quality has nothing to do with it.

The cracking scene is not what it used to be. Less people interested in getting into it in the first place, I'm guessing. Less actually good programmers, and more mass produced script monkeys also.

Edit: What's up cvv, why so butthurt? Yeah, sorry, you are a DRM cocksucking retard.

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Games with DRM are perishable products, that's the biggest issue I have with these. If you want video games to be taken legitimately, they need to be preserved and that bullshit needs to go away.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Mustawd

Games with DRM are perishable products, that's the biggest issue I have with these

I can't imagine how can one be for DRM in the first place. The most you could say is that it's an evil we have to live it, but actually defending it? You can't be that retarded, so I'm guessing you must have some kind of stake in it. I'd imagine those defending DRM are in the same category as this: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ed-posts-allowed.57009/page-1258#post-5822419

One of the biggest declines of video games, AAA soecifically, is the mainstream accessibility of the products. It’s everywhere. And it was everywhere before Steam. 100% super effective DRM would help curb back some of that mainstream appeal.

Does it mean pajeets, slavs, BRs, etc can’t play due to expense? Yes. Am I American and therefore not care? Yes.

You too taxalot. Think about this:

When people pirate they aren’t paying sales tax. So much for being a hero of justice. You should be ashamed.
most digital sales in USA don't have a tax at all therefore pirating and buying a taxed product would be a net gain in taxes

He’s in France.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If they buy 5% VAT taxes products instead of this 20% VAT game, well, all that means is that they're spending money on more essential products, so we all benefit from it.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Games with DRM are perishable products, that's the biggest issue I have with these

I can't imagine how can one be for DRM in the first place. The most you could say is that it's an evil we have to live it, but actually defending it? You can't be that retarded, so I'm guessing you must have some kind of stake in it. I'd imagine those defending DRM are in the same category as this: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ed-posts-allowed.57009/page-1258#post-5822419

One of the biggest declines of video games, AAA soecifically, is the mainstream accessibility of the products. It’s everywhere. And it was everywhere before Steam. 100% super effective DRM would help curb back some of that mainstream appeal.

Does it mean pajeets, slavs, BRs, etc can’t play due to expense? Yes. Am I American and therefore not care? Yes.

Some little Apu pirating games on his toaster in India has no influence whatsoever on the decline.

Retards like you, however..

Mustawd

Lol, I’m driving the decline? Ok. I can’t even run a AAA game older than 2010 on my PC, but ok.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Or make room for more F2P shit schemes.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

That doesn't make any fucking sense.

Games are made to appeal to people who don't pay? Or people who don't pay somehow dictate how games are made? Both are just retarded.

Video games are a multi-billion dollar business because people buy them not because people don't buy them.

Pirates hurt sales and now also somehow drive up the industry. :gumpyhead:

Regardless, wishing for "100% effective DRM" marks you as a complete moron. I hope you realize that 100% effective DRM would've meant many of the classic games played by the people here would've been completely unplayable today. Please kill yourself.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I had my legal few days... Where I didn't downloaded stuff, and just completely legally watched stuff on Twitch. After a night of watching completely legally game for free on twitch, I heard ring. It was few office ladies who wanted to check if I'm still ill, or I'm working as a menial worker somewhere getting 3$ of illegal wage per hour and I'm just pretending to be ill. Of course with my disability actually getting up would mean me being dead. So they walked away without me even see them. They thought I was supposed to bring a proof I was visiting doctor. (In fact it was last day I would have medicals, and I NEEDED to see doctor at that day. In fact I seen two that day. Only hour of waiting in line. Without twitch they wouldn't see me anyway, because I'd be waiting in line for 1.5 - 2 hours.) Then they send me a letter to arrive at theirs office to make some explanations. Office lady wasn't in office, she was visiting doctor. Nonetheless old granny that supplemented her took cell phone and tried to call her. Unsuccessfully, she was just talking with doctor. After while she called back and inquired how that paper that prove I was visiting doctor looks like. She intensit I should go back to doctor, and bring ORANGE paper. So I went back to doctor, to see a message "we are ending 2 hours sooner this day" and locked door.

Well, it's obvious legal stuff is not for disabled. You are risking being forced to obtain ORANGE paper, and worsen your illness by 14 days.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If they buy 5% VAT taxes products instead of this 20% VAT game, well, all that means is that they're spending money on more essential products, so we all benefit from it.
If I rob a bank, I can buy lots of stuff which has high VAT percentage.

Codex Year of the Donut
Chances are you're just taking tax dollars that the bank ''acquired'' through legislative loopholes anyways.

Mustawd

Chances are you're just taking tax dollars that the bank ''acquired'' through legislative loopholes anyways.

Ummm...you do know he’s referring to a physical branch right? Where they keep deposits and stuff. From everyday people. You know that right? ....Right?...

Mustawd

Video games are a multi-billion dollar business because people buy them not because people don't buy them.

Ok.

Pirates hurt sales and now also somehow drive up the industry.

Pirates hurts sales, but add to the marketing hype by allowing many more people to experience and discuss the game than otherwise possible.

Although, I’m likely thinking about this wrong, since streaming probaby does the same thing.

Anyways, DRM doesn’t affect me, but I like the idea of it for some reason. If you don’t like it then just wait till it’s cracked I suppose. I’m all for it. I hope it gets stronger and stronger every year until one day piracy for games no longer exists. One can dream....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom