Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is there a way to disable the side bars? Shit's annoying as fuck. Even if I remove all the spells from it the fucking bar won't go away.

What side bar?

EDIT: If it's the big vertical bar on the side where you can hotkey your skills/spells, just click the arrow until it goes away.
Is there a way to disable the side bars? Shit's annoying as fuck. Even if I remove all the spells from it the fucking bar won't go away.

Press the arrow in the middle of it.
Yep, doesn't work. Just comes up anyway as combat starts and the arrow disappears.
Each character has its own sidebar. Remove it for all of them.

I find the game very solid in terms of music, far more so than the disappointing POE2, for instance. Nothing stellar, of course, but purging my kingdom of the accursed fey has seldom felt so satisfying.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Illustrious RPG Codex, I keep wanting to start over, but I keep running into issues with characters that puts me off, such as the Eldritch Archer/Eldritch Scion issue(s) I've bitched about.

Please help me.

What should my new character be?

Sentinel

Arcane

What side bar?

EDIT: If it's the big vertical bar on the side where you can hotkey your skills/spells, just click the arrow until it goes away.

Press the arrow in the middle of it.
Yep, doesn't work. Just comes up anyway as combat starts and the arrow disappears.
Each character has its own sidebar. Remove it for all of them.
I know.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Rage quit.

The game's time progression is broken. It shows that I have 10 more days until an event happens but then it simply skips 10 days when I reach that location. In fact it cancels the event whenever I move on the map.

It looks like there is a discrepancy between the game's internal timer and whatever value is displayed to the player. In my case the discrepancy is like 10 days: the quest indicator shows 10 days until deadline but in reality is like 10 hours.

I think in my 1st play-through the discrepancy was like 40 days in chapter 5 (I remember complaining about it). Now it's like 10 days close to the end of chapter 3. I assume that the difference will increase as the main story advances but it could be random.

There was NO time issue with chapter 2 because I've checked the quest timer quite often and it matched. On the other hand, I cannot be sure of anything because I did the event in advance with a couple of days.

I think that some quest, rest or game event from chapter 3 introduces this discrepancy but there is no way to find out the cause cause I've done a lot of quests from chapter 3.

Probably this is the cause why the game is going crazy after chapter 3: the game will spawn quests sooner than planned, some of them will fail before their deadline and so on.

Basically the game progression is a complete clusterfuck ... worsening as you progress more into the game. Which makes sense considering that this is exactly what is happening with the game (more or less).

I cannot play like this. Yeah, I know I can trudge along with broken quests but most likely I will end up with another broken play-through.

I'm too nervous to handle this properly.

If someone wants to confirm this issue: please watch the timing for the "An Ancient Curse" quest. Phase 1 should happen in 40 days, phase 2 in 200 days and phase 3 in 300 days.

Please pay attention to the time. Phase 1 seems to happen right on time (more or less) but Phase 2 seems to be wrong. And probably Phase 3 will be even more wrong.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Rage quit.

The game's time progression is broken. It shows that I have 10 more days until an event happens but then it simply skips 10 days when I reach that location. In fact it cancels the event whenever I move on the map.

It looks like there is a discrepancy between the game's interval timer and whatever the value is displayed to the player. In my case the discrepancy is like 10 days: the quest indicator shows 10 days until deadline but in reality is like 10 hours.

I think in my 1st play-through the discrepancy was like 40 days in chapter 5 (I remember complaining about it). Now it's like 10 days close to the end of chapter 3. I assume that the difference will increase as the main story advances but it could be random.

There was NO time issue with chapter 2 because I've checked the quest timer quite often and it matched. On the other hand, I cannot be sure of anything because I did the event in advance with a couple of days.

I think that some quest, rest or game event from chapter 3 introduces this discrepancy but there is no way to find out the cause cause I've done a lot of quests from chapter 3.

Probably this is the cause why the game is going crazy after chapter 3: the game will spawn quests sooner than planned, some of them will fail before their deadline and so on.

Basically the game progression is a complete clusterfuck ... worsening as you progress more into the game. Which makes sense considering that this is exactly what is happening with the game (more or less).

I cannot play like this. Yeah, I know I can trudge along with broken quests but most likely I will end up with another broken play-through.

If someone wants to confirm this issue: please watch the timing for the "An Ancient Curse" quest. Phase 1 should happen in 40 days, phase 2 in 200 days and phase 3 in 300 days.

Please pay attention to the time. Phase 1 seems to happen right on time (more or less) but Phase 2 seems to be wrong. And probably Phase 3 will be even more wrong.
Report it to the devs. A bug like this needs to be known and fixed by them. They will probably ask you for your saves.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Rage quit.

It looks like there is a discrepancy between the game's interval timer and whatever the value is displayed to the player. In my case the discrepancy is like 10 days: the quest indicator shows 10 days until deadline but in reality is like 10 hours.

From fucking about with the save files and cheat engine, I can tell you for a fact that there's multiple different timers, and that timers are tracked differently than the regular time, which could absolutely result in some strangeness if you fuck about with the "regular" timer, and presumably there can also be bugs that fuck this.

It should work fine with regular quests, though, unless there's some script that triggers or some shit.

My advice would be to go get Cheat Engine and download the table from here. It has a function for time, and you can just lock it's value by ticking the box. It might allow you to circumvent your issue, but obviously there's no guarantee that will not later cause other issues. But it's worth a try.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Some madman on steam forums made it to the end:

eaaa.jpg

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Illustrious RPG Codex, I keep wanting to start over, but I keep running into issues with characters that puts me off, such as the Eldritch Archer/Eldritch Scion issue(s) I've bitched about.

Please help me.

IMVHO Vivisectionist has the lovely smell of an OP class.
Although this is D20, so at high levels full casters are probably superior.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Please help me.

Follow your heart, since all the companions are pretty shit (save Jaethal-waifu), you can play whatever you want.

Just never forget:

rQIY0JD.png

Canus

Savant

Please help me.

IMVHO Vivisectionist has the lovely smell of an OP class.
Although this is D20, so at high levels full casters are probably superior.
Got up to about level 15, Vivisectionist is still just shredding people. Although Nok-Nok may actually be, with just the mutagen applied to the main character, even better.

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Anyone have found a way to force attack on neutral NPCs?
i don't think it's possible. you can kill your own party members out of combat with fireballs, but if you try to damage the troll king for example before he initiates his dialogue, it doesn't work.

Friendly reminder that it isn't unethical to run Ekun's dog through hallways full of death traps. You kicked Linzi out of the party to make room for Ekun and he has to take up the slack when it comes to trap disarming. I may be lawful evil and he may be lawful good but we're both lawful and I'm the baron here so it's all aboveboard. :shittydog:

Andnjord

Arcane
Friendly reminder that it isn't unethical to run Ekun's dog through hallways full of death traps. You kicked Linzi out of the party to make room for Ekun and he has to take up the slack when it comes to trap disarming. I may be lawful evil and he may be lawful good but we're both lawful and I'm the baron here so it's all aboveboard. :shittydog:
Do you not have Octavia in your party? She makes for a fine trap disarmer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom