Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Evenicle - Alice Soft RPG game-game but not-Rance

deama

Prophet
The waifu stuff wasn't too bad in the beginning, but it became problematic when they introduced the second waifu. It basically became too hard to keep track of my emotions for them, so I just started skipping everything more often, which ended up making the problem even worse.

I think you're meant to be treat them like Rance does so they're nothing more than goals to accomplish and little else.
Yeah, but there's a decent amount of interactivity between you and your waifus. Rance just pumps and dumps, at least in the one I played.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
We live in a timeline where uncensored Alicesoft games on Steam are a reality.
God bless that fat bastard Gaben.

The untranslated jap preorder version of the game has Rance mode.

I beat the game thinking I would unlock it as NG+ content.

:negative:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
God damn ninjas.

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2018/10/10/moe-day-sale-and-some-new-additions-to-steam/#more-16631

I’m sure many of you are wondering what this means for our Steam catalogue going forward. The short version is: we’re optimistic but proceeding with caution. We’ll likely be slowly adding some back catalogue titles to the platform in the coming months, depending on approvals on Steam’s end. Newer titles will be considered on a case-by-case basis (we can’t make decisions like this alone after all, we need the approval of our developers of course). We’re planning to take it a little slow because guidance and precedent with the platform’s new policy on mature content is not super clear and we don’t want to end up in another situation where a title is abruptly pulled and we can’t adequately support our users. As always we appreciate your continued support and patience!

I wouldn't be surprised if even Evenicle gets pulled.

lightbane

Arcane
I can't wait for the moment the SocJus realize this game is on Steam, nevermind ANY Rance game. The butthurt will be glorious!!

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
Combat system doesn't feel particularly challenging few hours in, writing is very entertaining.
My 7 hours impression is bit like Rance VI without the frustrating aspects of the combat.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So now i will wait for their steam releases before throwing money. Just for the sake of owning Rance on steam.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
Finished it. Combat starts showing some signs of difficulty after you get full party with regular enemies becoming more resource intensive to beat and bosses requiring a bit of thought process. It's not a hard game by any means, since consumables are absolutely broken for single fights. Writing wise the comedy segments have some hilarious shit and worldbuilding has some interesting things going on. But the game mixes serious and light moments very poorly, like you get multiple events where a girl is drugged and raped, but they make a miraculous recovery after a short while. I never felt like Rance games had these kind of issues, the canon events maybe had bit less of these kinds of moments, but they didn't try to write them off as soon as they were done. Furthermore the recurring villains feel like the worst written characters.

Ebonsword

Arcane
As it is the duty of every Codexer to support uncensored Alicesoft games on Steam, I purchased this yesterday. Enjoying it so far.

Ebonsword

Arcane
Finished it. Combat starts showing some signs of difficulty after you get full party with regular enemies becoming more resource intensive to beat and bosses requiring a bit of thought process. It's not a hard game by any means, since consumables are absolutely broken for single fights. Writing wise the comedy segments have some hilarious shit and worldbuilding has some interesting things going on. But the game mixes serious and light moments very poorly, like you get multiple events where a girl is drugged and raped, but they make a miraculous recovery after a short while. I never felt like Rance games had these kind of issues, the canon events maybe had bit less of these kinds of moments, but they didn't try to write them off as soon as they were done. Furthermore the recurring villains feel like the worst written characters.

I finished this today and I mostly agree with what Bohrain wrote. It's mostly a pretty easy game. There will usually be a bit of a difficulty spike whenever you reach a new area, but a little bit of grinding will soon get you up to speed. One thing that makes combat pretty easy is that you have a skill which tells you what each enemy's weakness (e.g. fire, ice) is. If you wanted more of a challenge, you could just not equip that skill.

The skill system kind of reminded me of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (I'm sure other games have used a similar system, but I just played AC:O recently, so it leaps to mind). Basically, you have a set number of skill points which you can distribute to skills as you wish. As you gain levels (or complete special events with you wives) you unlock more skill points. You can also respec at any time for free. I didn't really swaps skills that often, though. Many of the skills are very situational (e.g. bonus damage to aquatic creatures) and I mostly preferred the ones which give passive bonuses.

My biggest problem with the game (other than the tonal whiplash Bohrain mentioned) is that it's just too damn long for what it is. That's part of the reason why it's taken me so long to beat it--I took a break from it for almost three months before finally coming back to it a couple of weeks ago. The game took me 60 hours of play to beat. It would have been better as a shorter game (say, 30-ish hours). The H-scenes even got boring and repetitive and I started skipping them fairly early on. What would have given it bit more life is if you had different party members you could swap in and out. But, nope, you're stuck with the same four chicks the whole game.

Overall, I don't exactly regret getting it, but it's definitely not in the same league as, say Sengoku Rance (although I suppose that's rather a different sort of game).

distant

Learned
Rofl yeah saw a bunch of people sperging about it in the reviews for the trial.

Normally I hate any kind of censorship but all that stuff with the ninja in the first game made me really uncomfortable so I'm okay with it.

distant

Learned
"Censorship"... just reached the first rape sequence. Why do they always wait for the monsters to blow multiple loads before they decide it's time to intervene?

distant

Learned
Doctor discovers the cure to life threatening diseases by blowing magical loads into sick girls. How do they come up with this shit?

So is this another MALICE game, complete with multiple sausage deliveries, boiling water anticonception and guro?

Terra

Cipher
Are the mosaics still gonna be a thing in this release? Kind of enjoyed the first game, would've actually put down the money for this day one until I read we were getting censored images.

"Censorship"... just reached the first rape sequence. Why do they always wait for the monsters to blow multiple loads before they decide it's time to intervene?

Doctor discovers the cure to life threatening diseases by blowing magical loads into sick girls. How do they come up with this shit?

I think you've answered your own question there.

MurkrLurkr

Learned
Tearing my Codex hymen with this post, so I might spray all over the place and be extra sloppy… Engrish is not my first, yadda, yadda, yadda.. Taught to give my load of EVENICLE, as I’m currently playing it… First heard of it from that sunburnt merchant prince, Sseth, allah yarhamuh, Tzeentach, and he knows to sell a guy his vice. And I found my in HRPGs. This transgression happened by fortune, while I was getting to know fertile land of VNs (Nitro+ in particular, but about that in another worn thread), after a perennial drought in playing vidya games. Parenthood, a job that pays bills but charges time, and all that jazz.. I’m 35 yrld teacher, and daily staring at smoking exhausts of 13 yrld grls didn’t help either… So I languidly set off to a sunset of my religious background. I’m not claiming that I’ve become a connoisseur of God knows what, but I can proudly say that I have couple of H titles under my belt and on my trousers…

Anyway, about Evenicle… Not overly impressed with the game mechanics, and especially not immersed in its story. I get that it tries to be lighthearted with its quirky humor and appropriate graphical style (Lancelot enemies come to mind with doodle elephants and giraffes) and turn upside down genre tropes (sentient moving castle Camelot), but because of that I can’t take it seriously enough when it talks about subjects such as sacrifices one will go through for things they believe in, or tense relations between the individual and the community (introduction of Gurigura’s character into the polygamous collective was especially bad; Water Plant scene, when she learns that the one she calls Master is using her as a tool for his evol schemes) etc. Premise of the game is pretty absorbing in itself, what it means to be an Outlaw, cast aside and damned by the God, does one become ostracized by her own will or is she forced by the genitals of others.. It reminded me of Biblical motive of Cain and Abel… I can't talk extensively about the storyline as I'm currently finishing second chapter, with 10% of map explored, fighting first sub-boss in the ruins of Arthur, Rochefort, in his monstrous form.. I think I'm going to quit because I consumed all of my BP juice, so I can't use special skills that consume full battle points circle and the bastard fully heals when is near his untimely end. Could load earlier save, but won't suffer another Colpis rape scene! TheEntitledOne is right, it seems that AliceSoft really hates girls with jars on their face...

Concerning gameplay, main loop consists of exploring the Map, which is not open as some of the areas are locked until you progress in the main storyline. Equipment consists of three slots, weapon, armor and item (various accessories which give different bonuses). Every character has his own equipment preferences (determined by their class I presume) for weapons and armor so you can't swap between them. You can find gear (but only the stronger versions of the ones already bought from vendors in world's cities) and consumables in chests scattered around the map, boosts like Drone beetles for secondary stats and variety of skills for your group, which are divided in 4 categories: Physical and Magic attacks, Support and Ability. Skill points aren't gained through level ups (only primary stats go up like HP, attack, magic etc.) but after some plot knots are disentangled (I’m still not entirely sure) and after Love (Gauge) meter is full you can choose which heroine to pump your spunk into, unlock a scene with her, after which she gains skill point which you can distribute.. You can change your skills freely, so you can answer the challenges, spread like patient on the deathbed, in front of your group. System that is best used in Kingdoms of Amalur with its Destiny skill-tree system, game that has more to give then meets the casual eye.. Asterisk, the main character, is magic warrior, so you can combine wizard spells and variety of combat stances.. Ramius, first waifu is a knight, specialized in fighting with a lance and defending the group with her a(r)morous boobs, Riche, princess mage with a nicely toned ass, Gurigura, ranger, mascot of the game for me, with her battlecat gloves and oblivious personality... I don't know who is the fifth member of Aster's harem gang (reclusive geek Kathryn maybe) but I'm afraid that I'll never find out.. I know that I'm still early in the game, but I think I grasped the gist of it and can expect more of the same... Running around map, fighting the critters and collecting hearts to strengthen the bonds with my Wamen, finally going to floating island of Eve and maybe deflowering even the Mother Goddess under whose thumb this world dwells, lifting the heavy burden of her black and white laws by adding a little shade... Finally I can recommend HRPG title that I finished not long ago, which captivated me a lot more, with its story, worldbuilding and character interactions, by the name of Ideology in friction.

Now back to my Nitro+ catalogue (a little male love of Togainu no chi) and clicking my nights away...

Jason Liang

Arcane
Parenthood, a job that pays bills but charges time, and all that jazz.. I’m 35 yrld teacher, and daily staring at smoking exhausts of 13 yrld grls didn’t help either…
This is a bad sign...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom