Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
a5753f2dd11541a9a1a4fe93de4deb65b5ae6df6.jpg
He's going to stop after getting raped by wolves again, isn't he?
No, they replaced 3 wolves in one of the first patches.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The funny thing is that if we go by the technical/classic definitions of Alpha/Beta/etc., the released game would probably be classified as an alpha, because (as far as I understand it), Alpha refers to software that is not 'feature-complete', as in new features could still be added (or removed), whereas in a beta stage, nothing else will be added, things will simply be made to work, polished, etc.
are there really plan to add more features (non dlc like new quests,location. Or whatever) after release?
Probably not, no. My point didn't concern what was planned, but rather how things actually are. Whatever their plans, PF:K really can't be considered "feature-complete" on release.

Mortmal

Arcane
OK, i have read the patch notes. they still haven´t fix Pitax.
Those are minor fixes for early game, there's probably at least a thousand more bugs to fix still. Then they have to rebalance the fights. Its like a pen and paper game except the DM is a russian neckbeard gone crazy , foaming from the mouth, emptying buckets of lead figurines on the table screaming "DEAL WITH IT! CYKA BLYAT!".
I agree, the fights need to be made harder! It is so easy atm you can solo on Hard.
Where are you in the game atm ?

Mortmal

Arcane
30X the challenge rating of a normal pen and paper session starts to be a bad thing.
maybe you should lower the difficulty
I have almost finished the game too, that doesn't mean i enjoyed the unfair encounters. You can only do it by cheesing pulling stuff out of rooms or using the broken stuff. Its nowhere near a real pathfinder experience past chapter 5.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
30X the challenge rating of a normal pen and paper session starts to be a bad thing.
I have almost finished the game too, that doesn't mean i enjoyed the unfair encounters. You can only do it by cheesing pulling stuff out of rooms or using the broken stuff. Its nowhere near a real pathfinder experience past chapter 5.
Pure BG experience then? Because I remember needing to cheese a lot of enemies especially in BG2 :P

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Its like a pen and paper game except the DM is a russian neckbeard gone crazy , foaming from the mouth, emptying buckets of lead figurines on the table screaming "DEAL WITH IT! CYKA BLYAT!".
And people wondered what took me 10000+ hours in learning game development. Certain stuff is like when painters are visiting galleries to learn. It takes time and passion. Now I can do stuff like that without need to solve serious mathematical equations, and hear complains about Wolwes that ate balls of C. Avellone.

Mortmal

Arcane
Pure BG experience then? Because I remember needing to cheese a lot of enemies especially in BG2 :P
You rarely had to do that in BG2 , everything was more or less manageable . Here's there's ton of issues adding up, plus characters failing their saves although being buffed, while the enemies doesn't seems to be affected much by similar spells. Have to be very careful with summons as they can just cast lightning through the groups , you cant even control their abilities. Ton of little details that make the experience very unenjoyable, like a polymporh spell on the characters , you think you are ok cause you have a stack of spells scrolls of course, too bad the remove curse spell is bugged and dont work...Then amongst the enemies there's a few bugged ones with ultra high AC. Then there's scripted ambush of various wereshits enemies appearing out of thin air.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You rarely had to do that in BG2 , everything was more or less manageable . Here's there's ton of issues adding up, plus characters failing their saves although being buffed, while the enemies doesn't seems to be affected much by similar spells. Have to be very careful with summons as they can just cast lightning through the groups , you cant even control their abilities. Ton of little details that make the experience very unenjoyable, like a polymporh spell on the characters , you think you are ok cause you have a stack of spells scrolls of course, too bad the remove curse spell is bugged and dont work...Then amongst the enemies there's a few bugged ones with ultra high AC. Then there's scripted ambush of various wereshits enemies appearing out of thin air.
Would you call pre-buffing "cheesing"? Like if you know you're going to fight a lich, chugging 7-8 potions per character and casting everything that helps?
Because I really remember doing that quite some times. I consider that "cheesing" of some form. Like fighting Kangaxx without some cheese, BLIND, was impossible imo

Mortmal

Arcane
Would you call pre-buffing "cheesing"? Like if you know you're going to fight a lich, chugging 7-8 potions per character and casting everything that helps?
Because I really remember doing that quite some times. I consider that "cheesing" of some form. Like fighting Kangaxx without some cheese, BLIND, was impossible imo
Cheesing like using broken abilities, and breaking the encounter in part abusing the AI.

Thonius

Arcane
Cheesing like using broken abilities, and breaking the encounter in part abusing the AI.
If that's one of those GOTCHA moments then no. It's not really cheesing since game trying to cheese you. Game got sneaking(aka scouting) so use it I ques.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Those are minor fixes for early game, there's probably at least a thousand more bugs to fix still. Then they have to rebalance the fights. Its like a pen and paper game except the DM is a russian neckbeard gone crazy , foaming from the mouth, emptying buckets of lead figurines on the table screaming "DEAL WITH IT! CYKA BLYAT!".
I agree, the fights need to be made harder! It is so easy atm you can solo on Hard.
Where are you in the game atm ?
I am not playing on Hard but a guy I watch on twitch is soloing Act 2 on Unfair atm. I am just at end of Act 1 on Challenging. But it is also so easy I might as well play on Hard. I started Act 1 on normal but had to switch to Challenging mid way because it was way too easy. Pets are pretty broken in the game atm.

ArchAngel

Arcane
0.4% of players at this point of the game, you are in for a lot of surprises.
Only when I hit lvl 20 and challenges are for whole party with access to lvl 9 spells. I expect I can beat all encounters before that with a lot of high level summons that are more useful than random companions you find in the game.
The pet itself gets +3 to base AC every 2 levels. His AC will be crazy by lvl 20.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Devs on discord are saying it may be fixed tomorrow if all goes well.

Oops, i went back to get the exact quote and it turns out they were talking about something else:

Ive been hearing it isnt possible to finish the game due to a bug on a final chapter? Just asking because i may arrive there shortly
so nobody has finished the game according to steam achievements. This means i will get the bug too i suppose
dev said:
will be fixed in 1.0.9
Tomorrow or after weekend?
dev said:
don't know (
if all goes w/o problems - tomorrow

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom