Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mortmal

Arcane
0.4% of players at this point of the game, you are in for a lot of surprises.
Only when I hit lvl 20 and challenges are for whole party with access to lvl 9 spells. I expect I can beat all encounters before that with a lot of high level summons that are more useful than random companions you find in the game.
The pet itself gets +3 to base AC every 2 levels. His AC will be crazy by lvl 20.
Summons will probably works, really a huge mass of them, however i am not so sure they can cope with 50AC if they are melee summon you will get chain miss .I spent all summon monster VII possible in pitax boss fight, that wasnt good enough.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Only when I hit lvl 20 and challenges are for whole party with access to lvl 9 spells. I expect I can beat all encounters before that with a lot of high level summons that are more useful than random companions you find in the game.
The pet itself gets +3 to base AC every 2 levels. His AC will be crazy by lvl 20.
Summons will probably works, really a huge mass of them, however i am not so sure they can cope with 50AC if they are melee summon you will get chain miss .I spent all summon monster VII possible in pitax boss fight, that wasnt good enough.
No access to lvl 9 spells? Isn't Pitax like end of game. Solo character should be at least lvl 17 there.

Also is that AC 50 normal or a bug? Also druid gets death spells, if that boss is not immune to such you can just reload until he gets 1 on his save :D

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
People need to stop comparing CRPG with PnP. In CRPG you can reload and you cannot program every player action.
Yeah, the amount people going "But in the PnP..." and "..this is a bug, because in the PnP..." or flat-out assuming that rules from the PnP apply, without actually looking at the source material (in this case being the game), is annoying me more and more. I understand that they tried to follow the PnP rules, and a lot of good came from it, but slavishly following the PnP has no inherent merit, and simply assuming that it works like in the PnP (or that a given aspect is even supposed to work like in the PnP) leads to a lot of potentially bad conclusions and erroneous (or misleading) assumptions.

I get that it might be interesting to discuss that as a facet, as a parenthesis in an ongoing discussion like "Oh, yeah, that's cool, in the PnP it worked like this, but obviously that doesn't apply here", but some people seem genuinely upset that not everything works exactly as in the PnP, or get angry when their assumptions are wrong, as if the game somehow betrayed them simply because it took a design decision as to how to implement something as a reasonable interpretation for a CRPG.

If anything, I think they stuck a little bit too close to the base ruleset, especially when it comes to implementation of what I would call features rather than systemics. For example, some archetypes are simply uninteresting or shit, and could or should probably have been messed bit a little bit more (Hospitaler is a good example, I think it could've done with having bonuses to healing in ways that the base archetype does not give, especially once they figured that the Aura of Healing doesn't work very well in the CRPG; instead they created an "Aura of Life" just to stick close to the original concept, but the end result is something even less interesting) or "reasonable house rules" that would be extremely easy to implement, some that are already pretty common, such as fractional BAB (which no digitized version of 3.5 have any reason not to employ, since everything is automated).

And this is before I even consider things I'd expect any really good DM to do, such as straight-up custom or adapted archetypes and/or prestige classes. Prestige Classes are already pretty balls in PF, so when they implemented them in PF:K they... picked the most generic and boring ones? Not a single custom one that fits the campaign specifically? Not even setting-appropriate ones that may require joining organizations within the game, such as Hellknights? Golden opportunity, just wasted, seemingly just to stick as close to the rules as possible.

Mortmal

Arcane
ga♥ whats up with your rating ? dont like i tell the truth about the end game ? Do you even play past chapter 3 ?
You see, people are just somewhat sceptical about trusting opinions of people, who get butthurt over forum buttons.
They are just a cheap way to fling insults at someone, surprise , i dont like being insulted .
If you dont believe me check my steam account , i do have the achievement proving it .I'd rather say i am enjoying the game still and its wonderful but its not anymore, its an unplayable mess and it even gets worse apparently just read steam forums.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
ga♥ whats up with your rating ? dont like i tell the truth about the end game ? Do you even play past chapter 3 ?
You see, people are just somewhat sceptical about trusting opinions of people, who get butthurt over forum buttons.
They are just a cheap way to fling insults at someone, surprise , i dont like being insulted .
If you dont believe me check my steam account , i do have the achievement proving it .I'd rather say i am enjoying the game still and its wonderful but its not anymore, its an unplayable mess and it even gets worse apparently just read steam forums.
So... just.

Stop playing?

Maybe?

Mortmal

Arcane
No access to lvl 9 spells? Isn't Pitax like end of game. Solo character should be at least lvl 17 there.

Also is that AC 50 normal or a bug? Also druid gets death spells, if that boss is not immune to such you can just reload until he gets 1 on his save :D
No pitax isnt the end , you dont get level 9 spells yet, but you encoutner a boss with 50 AC. That 110-50 acc on guards is a bug but the Naga boss AC is probably intended. Also some spells are bugged prismatic surge is a death ray.

now heres a gem found on forum:

The End Game. Did no one playtest this? (SPOILERS)
Anyone complaining about the game difficulty, either it being too easy or too hard, just wait until you get to the end areas!

Even dropping the difficulty to the absolute minimum, even firing up cheat engine and giving god mode, damage multipliers, whatever, you will be sitting in those areas stunlocked, missing (that is, if you actually get to move), blinded, and cursed to be damaged over and over, and with no spells. I thought the First World house was the height of tedium with the teleporting. What came after was next level hell.

I pushed through all the bugs, all the broken quests, but I think that's it for me. Whoever came up with that literal 80% gimp curse is a nutter. Maybe all the bugs prevented playtesting the end???

Everyone who is soldiering on through the bugs just don't. It's not worth it. There is a great game buried under all this nonsense, but wow it's going to take a lot to bring it out.

On an semi related note, is it possible to find the Briar in the House? I can't bring myself to reload and keep exploring that boredom nightmare."
"

Mortmal

Arcane
So... just.

Stop playing?

Maybe?
Guess what i do ? i am not playing i am enlightening guys like you.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
So... just.

Stop playing?

Maybe?

So far it's not working so good for me tbh. The idea was to play something else while waiting for patches, but instead i cannot stop reading about Kingmaker while waiting for patches. :negative:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
So... just.

Stop playing?

Maybe?

But we already know. Our prestigious pervoprohodets Shadenuat warned us more than a week ago.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This last patch broke my saves. Suddenly Linzi is missing from my party...
IMPORTANT NOTE: For anyone having troubles with Linzi disappearing from the party - you can fix that by opening the party manager tool anywhere in the game, for example on the global map or when leaving your capital.
Yeah "fix" it by spending 3 in game days to change party.

This is not a fix, it is a workaround.

Mortmal

Arcane
So... just.

Stop playing?

Maybe?

But we already know. Our prestigious pervoprohodets Shadenuat warned us more than a week ago.
He never said it was that bad .But russians can endure much hardships i guess.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
If you were being less of a fag, people would probably stop calling you a fag.

If you dont believe me check my steam account , i do have the achievement proving it .
Nobody gives a shit and nobody has questioned your manhood, put your e-peen back into your pants and cool it. I don't think anyone said anything about not believing that you are as far as you say you are, either. Goddammit, man.

I'd rather say i am enjoying the game still and its wonderful but its not anymore, its an unplayable mess and it even gets worse apparently just read steam forums.
We all know it is a fucking mess. This surprises absolutely no-one. If you don't enjoy it, stop playing. The game is obviously a complete wreck that just keeps on becoming more and more of a wreck the further you go. We all know this. There's like one person out of the entire Codex participating in this thread that have finished the game. Everyone else has run into various forms of showstopper bugs that have either made them stop that playthrough because they didn't feel like they could continue in good conscience (such as my Bartholomew being missing; I really have no interest in continuing until that is fixed) or in some cases just "full stop, literally cannot continue"-type bugs.

You bitching about how the game is getting worse and then getting butthurt when people make fun of it in the same way we've made fun of everyone that runs into issues contributes absolutely nothing, and if the issue is not bugs but the scaling of the enemies, well yeah, we know it's shit, but if it becomes a genuine problem to you to the point where you feel like you have to cheese, you're either shit or you should just turn the difficulty down and be done with it. The balancing is off and it's horseshit that regular Pitax guards are somehow doomguards, yeah, but I think it's pretty obvious that they just cobbled something together and inflated the stats at that point in order to provide a challenge even if the narrative circumstances did not match up. Since it's not a bug, it's doubtful they'll fix it, unfortunately.

Really, get more butthurt and we'll just make more fun of you, buttons or no buttons.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So far it's not working so good for me tbh. The idea was to play something else while waiting for patches, but instead i cannot stop reading about Kingmaker while waiting for patches. :negative:
I've actually started looking into running the Kingmaker Adventure Path for Pathfinder, which is widely recognized to be a not-so-great campaign. That's how desperate I feel.

:negative:

This last patch broke my saves. Suddenly Linzi is missing from my party...
IMPORTANT NOTE: For anyone having troubles with Linzi disappearing from the party - you can fix that by opening the party manager tool anywhere in the game, for example on the global map or when leaving your capital.
Yeah "fix" it by spending 3 in game days to change party.

This is not a fix, it is a workaround.
It's barely even a workaround. A workaround would circumvent the issue. By picking up Linzi the normal way, you're not really circumventing, you're just.. dealing with it. It's still a potentially serious issue for some people, because you straight-up waste 3 days, no ifs or buts.

Just as a reminder to everyone, though, remember that the time it takes to change around the party is 100% based on the distance from your capital, judged by the shortest possible distance as decided by travel paths which you have discovered. So sometimes it's possible that you just need to move a little bit to "close the gap" to connect to a path that is closer to the capital. Spend 4 hours to move in order to save 2 days when switching party members. Just a heads up for everyone that may not have noticed.

Edit: I just started my game up. In my case, Tristian is gone. I kept Tristian in my last spot, which makes me suspect that everyone's last-spot party member disappeared. So.. what would've happened if you'd kept yourself in the last spot?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I need my fix god dammit, fix the broken main quests!

*shakes uncontrollable*

Is that a baby crawling on the ceiling?

GrainWetski

Arcane
Edit: I just started my game up. In my case, Tristian is gone. I kept Tristian in my last spot, which makes me suspect that everyone's last-spot party member disappeared. So.. what would've happened if you'd kept yourself in the last spot?

I keep myself in that spot and Linzi was still the one who disappeared.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom