Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
I need my fix god dammit, fix the broken main quests!

*shakes uncontrollable*

Is that a baby crawling on the ceiling?
Start over with a very different character and possibly on higher difficulty. You know you want to!

Vatnik Wumao
Comrade gamer calls at Radio Yerevan Owlcat Studios:
"Comrade dev, I've heard you keep saying that a bugfree Pathfinder: Kingmaker is on the horizon. What does that mean?"
"Well, comrade, the horizon is that invisible line the closer you get to, the further away it gets."

Incantatar

Cipher
30X the challenge rating of a normal pen and paper session starts to be a bad thing.
maybe you should lower the difficulty
I have almost finished the game too, that doesn't mean i enjoyed the unfair encounters. You can only do it by cheesing pulling stuff out of rooms or using the broken stuff. Its nowhere near a real pathfinder experience past chapter 5.
Pure BG experience then? Because I remember needing to cheese a lot of enemies especially in BG2 :P
You rarely had to do that in BG2 , everything was more or less manageable . Here's there's ton of issues adding up, plus characters failing their saves although being buffed, while the enemies doesn't seems to be affected much by similar spells. Have to be very careful with summons as they can just cast lightning through the groups , you cant even control their abilities. Ton of little details that make the experience very unenjoyable, like a polymporh spell on the characters , you think you are ok cause you have a stack of spells scrolls of course, too bad the remove curse spell is bugged and dont work...Then amongst the enemies there's a few bugged ones with ultra high AC. Then there's scripted ambush of various wereshits enemies appearing out of thin air.
Would you call pre-buffing "cheesing"? Like if you know you're going to fight a lich, chugging 7-8 potions per character and casting everything that helps?
Because I really remember doing that quite some times. I consider that "cheesing" of some form. Like fighting Kangaxx without some cheese, BLIND, was impossible imo
SoA had only three optional encounters that were really hard and meant as challenges for Ch6 parties (additionally perhaps one level scaling random encounter at max level). Claiming the game needed a lot of cheese tactics is wrong and stupid. Even if you count liches and dragons, they were optional as well.

Sentinel

Arcane
This game always gives you something to look forward to. Even when you download hotfixes, you know the hotfix breaks something so you look forward to the next one already.

Incantatar

Cipher
So far it's not working so good for me tbh. The idea was to play something else while waiting for patches, but instead i cannot stop reading about Kingmaker while waiting for patches. :negative:
I've actually started looking into running the Kingmaker Adventure Path for Pathfinder, which is widely recognized to be a not-so-great campaign. That's how desperate I feel.

:negative:
You keep saying that, can you specify where you heard that? I read a lot of positive impressions of it after it came out.

Mortmal

Arcane
ga♥ whats up with your rating ? dont like i tell the truth about the end game ? Do you even play past chapter 3 ?
You see, people are just somewhat sceptical about trusting opinions of people, who get butthurt over forum buttons.
They are just a cheap way to fling insults at someone, surprise , i dont like being insulted .
If you were being less of a fag, people would probably stop calling you a fag.

If you dont believe me check my steam account , i do have the achievement proving it .
Nobody gives a shit and nobody has questioned your manhood, put your e-peen back into your pants and cool it. I don't think anyone said anything about not believing that you are as far as you say you are, either. Goddammit, man.

I'd rather say i am enjoying the game still and its wonderful but its not anymore, its an unplayable mess and it even gets worse apparently just read steam forums.
We all know it is a fucking mess. This surprises absolutely no-one. If you don't enjoy it, stop playing. The game is obviously a complete wreck that just keeps on becoming more and more of a wreck the further you go. We all know this. There's like one person out of the entire Codex participating in this thread that have finished the game. Everyone else has run into various forms of showstopper bugs that have either made them stop that playthrough because they didn't feel like they could continue in good conscience (such as my Bartholomew being missing; I really have no interest in continuing until that is fixed) or in some cases just "full stop, literally cannot continue"-type bugs.

You bitching about how the game is getting worse and then getting butthurt when people make fun of it in the same way we've made fun of everyone that runs into issues contributes absolutely nothing, and if the issue is not bugs but the scaling of the enemies, well yeah, we know it's shit, but if it becomes a genuine problem to you to the point where you feel like you have to cheese, you're either shit or you should just turn the difficulty down and be done with it. The balancing is off and it's horseshit that regular Pitax guards are somehow doomguards, yeah, but I think it's pretty obvious that they just cobbled something together and inflated the stats at that point in order to provide a challenge even if the narrative circumstances did not match up. Since it's not a bug, it's doubtful they'll fix it, unfortunately.

Really, get more butthurt and we'll just make more fun of you, buttons or no buttons.

You dont like my contributions ? Too bad, i dont remember anyone speaking about pitax fights. And frankly there's not much more to contribute here, there's ONE D&d game for the last decade only one and they fucked it up. The other rpg , bard's tale 4, released this month is a broken mess too, cant play 15 min without getting an unity error. The next rpg to be released is underworld ascendant wich is more than likely a broken mess too.I am not fan of animu shit like dragon quest .So i sure have reasons to be butthurt, i cant even send back those shitty buttons rating with this account, despite i never broke any codex rules.
So i am fed up of this bullshit, i am not in mood to post anymore here.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So far it's not working so good for me tbh. The idea was to play something else while waiting for patches, but instead i cannot stop reading about Kingmaker while waiting for patches. :negative:
I've actually started looking into running the Kingmaker Adventure Path for Pathfinder, which is widely recognized to be a not-so-great campaign. That's how desperate I feel.

:negative:
You keep saying that, can you specify where you heard that? I read a lot of positive impressions of it after it came out.
Just general buzz, really, not from any one particular place. On the surface, the premise is amazing, and I can see how people were excited when it came out, but it's supposed to be hard to keep on track without basically putting up walls, there's either little incentive to engage with the Kingdom-building or it's easily abusable, it's hard to make sense of why a baron/king would adventure in the way it's presented, it's supposed to be a bookkeeping nightmare to run from the DM:s perspective, etc. The way I understand it it's a host of small issues, rather than any one big thing.

So in that way, I guess the CRPG is an accurate representation.
You dont like my contributions ? Too bad, i dont remember anyone speaking about pitax fights. And frankly there's not much more to contribute here, there's ONE D&d game for the last decade only one and they fucked it up. The other rpg , bard's tale 4, released this month is a broken mess too, cant play 15 min without getting an unity error. The next rpg to be released is underworld ascendant wich is more than likely a broken mess too.I am not fan of animu shit like dragon quest .So i sure have reasons to be butthurt, i cant even send back those shitty buttons rating with this account, despite i never broke any codex rules.
I don't give a shit about your contributions, I'm saying that you need to stop being a butthurt little faggot because people press some fucking buttons to make fun of you.

So i am fed up of this bullshit, i am not in mood to post anymore here.
Oh no, don't go, don't do this.. we'll miss you.. really.. noo..

ArchAngel

Arcane
Since we are measuring our pet epeens, here is mine fully buffed with lvl 9 druid.
Qcz39jw.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
30X the challenge rating of a normal pen and paper session starts to be a bad thing.
maybe you should lower the difficulty
I have almost finished the game too, that doesn't mean i enjoyed the unfair encounters. You can only do it by cheesing pulling stuff out of rooms or using the broken stuff. Its nowhere near a real pathfinder experience past chapter 5.
Pure BG experience then? Because I remember needing to cheese a lot of enemies especially in BG2 :P
You rarely had to do that in BG2 , everything was more or less manageable . Here's there's ton of issues adding up, plus characters failing their saves although being buffed, while the enemies doesn't seems to be affected much by similar spells. Have to be very careful with summons as they can just cast lightning through the groups , you cant even control their abilities. Ton of little details that make the experience very unenjoyable, like a polymporh spell on the characters , you think you are ok cause you have a stack of spells scrolls of course, too bad the remove curse spell is bugged and dont work...Then amongst the enemies there's a few bugged ones with ultra high AC. Then there's scripted ambush of various wereshits enemies appearing out of thin air.
Would you call pre-buffing "cheesing"? Like if you know you're going to fight a lich, chugging 7-8 potions per character and casting everything that helps?
Because I really remember doing that quite some times. I consider that "cheesing" of some form. Like fighting Kangaxx without some cheese, BLIND, was impossible imo
I do this after i get my ass handed for a third time :). Still i do run around on constant bless and few other buffs. The game could throw a hard fight in mid dungeon crawl,and i have enough bells memorized...seeing how half the companions are some variation of cleric.

ArchAngel

Arcane
WTF, I tried something new on a hunch on my 3rd try of Stag Lord area
In cell of his father there is a empty chest. This time I decided to put some herbs inside and it had hidden items inside just like the chest in his old house
And you get a
Scroll of Stoneskin inside and wand of cat's grace :D :D

This game is awesome!

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Party level 9. Leopard companion with all long term and medium buffs, but none of the short ones (haste, bard song, displacement, prayer).

QB9FB9F.jpg

48 AC, 18 reflex save, evasion feat. Get enemies clustered on him and quad fireball the fight from way back, he shrugs it off. Now that's a main tank.. comes with a sylvan sorc too.
Next 2 hours: It was charmed and now party is running away from it and is waiting until that stuff would wear away.
This is about how my Leopard looks like in my solo Druid run, But my Druid is lvl 8 and Leopard also says lvl 8 and does not have so much Life. Not sure what is going on with him (also has Power Attack feet that says disabled after it).
And on this image there is no Cat's Grace, for leopards it gives both AC, reflex and attack bonus. And Druid can also cast Greater Magic Fang on it for additional +2 to attack and damage.
I wonder how did he cast shield spell on the leopard...

Shield is from jubilost with infusion feat. Expeditious retreat as well.

Canus

Savant
WTF, I tried something new on a hunch on my 3rd try of Stag Lord area
In cell of his father there is a empty chest. This time I decided to put some herbs inside and it had hidden items inside just like the chest in his old house
And you get a
Scroll of Stoneskin inside and wand of cat's grace :D :D

This game is awesome!
I fucking knew it, but every time I got there I had no herbs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom