Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gods of the Fallen Land - Roguelike/village builder

tindrli

Arcane
Hmm, third class is interesting but definitely seems weaker than the second. The real issue in this game is simply dealing with masses of enemy archers, and the forge guy has buildings that do that just fine. Maybe I missed an upgrade or something though, will give it another shot. Also, why the fuck do golems panic? That seems retarded.
garden_golem_by_andrewmcintoshart-d8agbqw.jpg

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
So I did the default ending, I get why you'd have trouble, that was pretty insane towards the end. Certainly didn't help that my entire army needs LOS to attack or that I didn't notice the crystals that spawned until everything was already fucked up, but still, I barely won and everything up to then had basically been a cakewalk. I was wrong about the third class being weak- I was just using my resources on the wrong shit.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Got to 95% ascension on my first try. Succeeded on the second.

Can't really say that the game is hard. It is mainly annoying, due to having to micro w/o good UI.

If you have a solid build strategy, it is very hard to lose the game. Unless you get bad RNG. Later tries I got wipeouts when instead of the first boss I got those fast fucks. Or not getting the first boss normally, but getting him day later w. several subbosses toger. In those situations there isn't really anything you can do.

Protip: speed charms are must have, blade charms are great when combined w. speed (wipe out enemy archers/healers/mages). And remember you can heal your walls and structures. You also gotta wipe out those enemy bases on the map, they stop spawning attacks if you do.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah those fast fucks are way to fast and hard to deal with.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
3rd ascension and I guess I am pretty much done now, unless I want to grind endless.

The game kinda feels incomplete. There are only two maps, yet the map choice has "random" option. Someone datamined game files and there were two more hero options within that haven't been added.

Ran out of money/interest?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The third character was added in an update during the summer after 9 months of nothing, so who knows, maybe he's still working on it slowly? Shame it didn't get fleshed out more, it feels like that last 10% of effort would make the game twice as interesting.

Perkel

Arcane
The third character was added in an update during the summer after 9 months of nothing, so who knows, maybe he's still working on it slowly? Shame it didn't get fleshed out more, it feels like that last 10% of effort would make the game twice as interesting.

Yeah game definitely is interesting but like you said with more content it would be much better.
Steam Charts are probably reason why they didn't develop it futher. Basically it didn't sell a lot and from what i have searched this is practically only thread about it.

Devs suck at PR. I didn't see any thread about it anywhere.

Either way i like it actually more than something like They are billions and that game apparently sold 1mln+

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
LUL! I have a feeling that they didn't quite playtest endless mode w. the 3rd char...

gofl_endless_193.png

The threat level skyrockets when you build golems.

BUT! If you don't build anything up besides more marksmen, it only goes up by 1 point or so between waves. Good thing 50+ marksmen can one-shot pretty much anything.

So I cheesed myself a shitton of material, farmed as many relics I could and once I got bored, dumped all I had into as many golems I could.

Threat level 150+ it absurd. You can't really win the waves, there are so many healers and shielders in the backline. But my base was built so that the ranged didn't get throughy my shields and their frontlines got nuked as well.

So much shit on the screen that FPS drops to single digits. Once you destroy the initial bases, the respawns are BRUTAL. Even with my megacheese death squad I had minutes between waves to wipe out the bases. Six minibosses spawning at the same second are a bit overkill. Protip: don't wipe them all, leave one or two weak ones behind.

Eventually the enemy waves came form the opposing sides and I simply couldn't micro it anymore. Once they get one shield down it is GG.

still waiting for the economy to put some money into me.

no, not literally you sick bastards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom