Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Thane Solus

Arcane
ey, you have no idea how inefficient the production of these games are today (triple A SJW garbage). For example a game that should cost 20 mil, it costs between 50 to 100 mil, due to delays, horrible programmers and creative directors, and most of all, production managers that play mobile games or console games while producing PC games.

triple A and even most of the middle companies are absolute garbage these days. You either change the industry or stay on companies that choose a niche and exploit that.

"hay guys, lets make Stellaris on console, i am sure its gona be a hit!"

Exterminatus please!

Last edited:

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
quick, were there potatoes in gothic? i seem to remember picking turnips for some quest... please don't let it be so!

Vapid

Learned
Sweet Jesus... Dem boobz.
tumblr_lmvwbma0WD1qbtj0jo1_1280.jpg
(via paperdungeon.tumblr.com)

Football Manager is an RPG 'with more NPCs than any other RPG on the planet'

The strategy genre meets the RPG genre meets The Beautiful Game.

I like Football Manager, and I'm forever telling friends/colleagues/anyone who'll listen that, at its heart, it's a complex strategy game. If you hate football, you won't like it. But if you've even a passing interest in The Beautiful Game, I'm convinced you'll fall for its flood of stats, numbers, players and management sim mechanics. Granted, Miles Jacobson is inclined to agree, but the Sports Interactive head honcho also believes Football Manager shares core values with the RPG genre.

"I think Football Manager absolutely is a strategy game, but it's also an RPG," Jacobson tells me. "It's an RPG with more NPCs than any other RPG on the planet. It's an RPG that lets you completely create your own story, there's not a linear path in Football Manager and everyone's game is different. You are playing the role of a football manager when you're playing the game, and you're doing everything that a football manager would do in real life. So it should satisfy people in both the RPG and strategy camps.

"But, it is a football-based game, obviously. In the same way that there are some games I myself don't play because I don't like the setting—I'm personally not a big fan of elves and orcs, and never have been (give me Lego Hobbit and you're fine!), therefore a Lord of the Rings MMO probably isn't for me."

Jacobson says that with this in mind, FM's yearly demo offers would-be players a taste of what to expect. Over half a season, players get up to ten to 12 hours in the dugout, and Jacobson says he and his team encourage those interested to try before they buy. Likewise saves carry over to the main game, should you choose to splash out thereafter.

"We believe in the work that we do," adds Jacobson. "We strongly believe that it's important to allow people to try it before they buy. If they do end up buying it, the one thing that we can say for certainty is: it is the best value for money game available in the PC market. We're the most played singleplayer game on Steam per year. We've sold just over a million copies of FM18, that's 11 months after release. We still have half a million playing FM18 each month.

"To have that level of dedication amongst people, and a load of those will actually skip FM19 to carry on playing their FM18 saves. We have no issues with that at all. If people are enjoying one of our previous games as well, that's great. There are 300,000 people who're still playing 17, 16, 15 and 14 each month as well. In some cases it's four years after release. That's what we provide people in the PC landscape."

Football Manager 2019 is due November 20, 2018. Look out for our full interview with Miles Jacobson about its new features in the coming days.

https://www.pcgamer.com/football-manager-is-an-rpg-with-more-npcs-than-any-other-rpg-on-the-planet/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom