Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cael

Arcane
Thing is many monsters have class levels, it's the way developers added difficulty to their basic stats. Dunno how much I drained from that thing, but after that it was a pretty quick deal with some spells, magic missiles and causing wounds.
It is also a lot easier to spam Enervate with Split Ray. That is one metamagic that makes quite a number of spells absolutely deadly.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It is also a lot easier to spam Enervate with Split Ray. That is one metamagic that makes quite a number of spells absolutely deadly.
Hm, not in the game sadly.

Then it would be completely retarded though, since rays are already OP.

Cael

Arcane
Hm, not in the game sadly.

Then it would be completely retarded though, since rays are already p. OP.
+2 spell level to use. In the PnP, there aren't many spells you'd want to use it on. The chief ones would probably be Ray of Stupidity, Enervate and Prismatic Ray.

Coupled with Spellwarped Sniper, however, it takes on another several levels of nastiness...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
vzgCJTI.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This is what Pillars of Eternity has done:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/1730963192538218725/

This system goes aganist everything others RPG taught all my life
To be fair , the game never really explains it, it just marks charisma as recommended stat.

You do have to be some kind of strange person to dump a recommended stat when you don't know anything about the system however, but this one has been corrupted by sawyerism.

Turjan

Arcane
This is what Pillars of Eternity has done:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/1730963192538218725/

This system goes aganist everything others RPG taught all my life
To be fair , the game never really explains it, it just marks charisma as recommended stat.

You do have to be some kind of strange person to dump a recommended stat when you don't know anything about the system however, but this one has been corrupted by sawyerism.
Yeah, but the standard sorcerer has a recommended build that you can just load and look at. That one comes with 20 CHA btw. (with human).

Last edited:
Btw, I'm sure it came up in the thread somewhere, but anyway, can you go for a solo run? How does xp gain works in that case? Is it still the same as with the full party or you get to max level halfway through the game?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Btw, I'm sure it came up in the thread somewhere, but anyway, can you go for a solo run? How does xp gain works in that case? Is it still the same as with the full party or you get to max level halfway through the game?
There an option under Difficulty settings. You can set it so only active party members get XP or that everyone gets XP. If you set it to active party members only and go solo that one guy gets 6x of XP and you level up much faster. By end of Act 1 you are lvl 9 when with full party you would be lvl 5.

Canus

Savant

Everyone gets the same amount of exp no matter how many party members you have.
Did they not say that once you go under 6 party members you can increase your experience by turning off the share experience button?

Dodo1610

Arcane

Everyone gets the same amount of exp no matter how many party members you have.
Did they not say that once you go under 6 party members you can increase your experience by turning off the share experience button?

Damm I was wrong just checked the description in the difficulty menu

yvaPIhe

Last edited:

Ranarama

Learned
Okay. Nature lore checked and what not.
Question: Light crossbow vs Heavy. It seems to me that Heavy is just overall better right?

Except you'd use a crossbow because your strength or proficiencies are trash which means you've likely got a low encumbrance limit to deal with.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Okay. Nature lore checked and what not.
Question: Light crossbow vs Heavy. It seems to me that Heavy is just overall better right?

Except you'd use a crossbow because your strength or proficiencies are trash which means you've likely got a low encumbrance limit to deal with.
Enchanted Light Crossbows with extra elemental damage are easier to find.
Average 4 damage + 3 average elemental damage is better than average 5 damage.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Man it feels like the game doesn't let up, I'm in Chapter 3 (I think, the whole Varnhold thing) and fucked around too much now I barely have time to react to the main quest and its hidden time limit. Fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom