Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Israfael

Arcane
Russian is oddly poetic... in English ;)
Actually, it's pretty descriptive and physical. Also, there's a word "защекан" ( zashyekan - zah-shie(t)-cun(t) ), which means something like literal "cocksucker"

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Damm I was wrong just checked the description in the difficulty menu

yvaPIhe

No you weren't. With this setting when playing with less than 6 characters in your party, you will gain more exp per character (but no exp for chars not currently in your party). The descriptions might be a bit misleading and/or imprecise. So yes, in a solo run you will get 6x as much exp for your 1 character. AFAIK.

Cael

Arcane
It is also a lot easier to spam Enervate with Split Ray. That is one metamagic that makes quite a number of spells absolutely deadly.
Hm, not in the game sadly.

Then it would be completely retarded though, since rays are already p. OP.
+2 spell level to use. In the PnP, there aren't many spells you'd want to use it on. The chief ones would probably be Ray of Stupidity, Enervate and Prismatic Ray.

Coupled with Spellwarped Sniper, however, it takes on another several levels of nastiness...

That +2 is why most people use it with Arcane thesis.
Practical Metamagic is useful as well, particularly if you tend to be heavy with a spell school.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
This is what Pillars of Eternity has done:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/1730963192538218725/

This system goes aganist everything others RPG taught all my life
To be fair for steam and steamers, many people in the thread are in "WTF?" mode.

On the other hand the game could really explain class features better. It lacks a good summary for every class. An "info" button for every class that not only gives a general description as we have now but all major features of any class point by point. Some stuff is not clear or not mentioned even after you read every option in class level progression table.

Thonius

Arcane

To be fair for steam and steamers, many people in the thread are in "WTF?" mode.

On the other hand the game could really explain class features better. It lacks a good summary for every class. An "info" button for every class that not only gives a general description as we have now but all major features of any class point by point. Some stuff is not clear or not mentioned even after you read every option in class level progression table.
Yeah but that "person" played HUNDREDS RPG's... lol

Man it feels like the game doesn't let up, I'm in Chapter 3 (I think, the whole Varnhold thing) and fucked around too much now I barely have time to react to the main quest and its hidden time limit. Fuck.
I'm kind of curious if the time limits on previous quests/tiers/chapters carries into future time limits so you can't ride out the clock before finishing some things "Safely". I've been working under the assumption it doesn't penalize you for it, but I have no idea.

Incantatar

Cipher
No you weren't. With this setting when playing with less than 6 characters in your party, you will gain more exp per character (but no exp for chars not currently in your party). The descriptions might be a bit misleading and/or imprecise. So yes, in a solo run you will get 6x as much exp for your 1 character. AFAIK.
When you're doing quests in locations where you only control the MC, all members of the party will gain XP, including Linzi.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Man it feels like the game doesn't let up, I'm in Chapter 3 (I think, the whole Varnhold thing) and fucked around too much now I barely have time to react to the main quest and its hidden time limit. Fuck.
I'm kind of curious if the time limits on previous quests/tiers/chapters carries into future time limits so you can't ride out the clock before finishing some things "Safely". I've been working under the assumption it doesn't penalize you for it, but I have no idea.
Main quests seem timed to the hill curse timer, and usually start a few days before bad stuff starts happening.

I think you get "penalized"(curse timer starts when you enter capitol first time) for finishing chapter 1 early though, but supposedly you are also rewarded for doing it quickly.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
There isn't any point in exploring most of the wilds in chapter 1, some nodes are really difficult for non optimized parties and we cannot claim the resource nodes.
And unless you never use rations on rest, its really easy to finish in 30 days.

Cael

Arcane
You guys like Order of the Stick? The Codex once more proves itself truly educated :obviously:
Meh. It's seen better days. The last 50 or so comics have been pretty fucking boring.
Burlew seem to have scaled back his postings. There were weeks when he didn't post at all.

The silver lining is that Sluggy is ramping up like crazy. The last week was... game changing.

Canus

Savant
Main quests seem timed to the hill curse timer, and usually start a few days before bad stuff starts happening.

I think you get "penalized"(curse timer starts when you enter capitol first time) for finishing chapter 1 early though, but supposedly you are also rewarded for doing it quickly.
Yep. You get a special dueling sword, called 'The Lord Protector' if I recall correctly, but if you rush to Finish Chapter 1 you'll have a lot to explore in Chapter 2, when the countdown timers have started. Overall I'm not sure if it's better to rush main quests in order to mitigate the negative events or if it's better to take as long as possible to maximise city and realm development / exploration.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well, I finished tutorial on Unfair with my dumb paladin (future) shield basher with 15 str and 15 dex. Finale was Linzi hiding behind pillar gulping healpots and sometimes running out and pouring pot into my dude, while Amiri was chunking things. She fell just landing last hit on main baddie.

All other fights were won by Charge with +2 AR & Flank and double casting Daze on some other dude.

The 3 assassins was Charge and chunk 1 dude, and use up most spells on Purple Toad on another & Daze. Early baddies have Will +3, so 2 Daze = 75% chance to permastunlock 1 enemy.

So, basically,

Daze.

Last edited:

Salvo

Arcane

Yep. You get a special dueling sword, called 'The Lord Protector' if I recall correctly, but if you rush to Finish Chapter 1 you'll have a lot to explore in Chapter 2, when the countdown timers have started. Overall I'm not sure if it's better to rush main quests in order to mitigate the negative events or if it's better to take as long as possible to maximise city and realm development / exploration.

You do recall correctly, you get a +2 Dueling Sword with the "Loyal" enhancement. (-5 to hit against friendlies, useful if you get charmed/dominated and with the Necklace that provokes AoOs on your own team)

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I've never played P&P, but hovering over stats makes it pretty evident which primary classes use what for casting. Illiteracy seems to be a human right these days.
Though some of the descriptions could be a bit clearer. The character creation isn't that clear with subclasses that use different stats like in case of eldritch scions being charisma based.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Yeah but that "person" played HUNDREDS RPG's... lol
BG enforced stat minimums on classes but it didn't go as far as enforcing the spell level restrictions. :M

Shadenuat

Arcane
just noticed Valerie has Feat "Atheism"
hope my dorf paladin would eventually kotor2-out it and turn her into proper valkyrie-waifu

judging by description it's not the greatest thing though since local goddess still mehs you and can throw on some forgotten shitty plane of existence.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Jaethal is ok. Nigga is ok. Nok-Nok is ok. Jubilost and Valerie are passable. Others are too annoying.
So anyone found a way to change companions portraits?

Elex

Arbiter
just noticed Valerie has Feat "Atheism"
hope my dorf paladin would eventually kotor2-out it and turn her into proper valkyrie-waifu

judging by description it's not the greatest thing though since local goddess still mehs you and can throw on some forgotten shitty plane of existence.
so wath happen in pathfinder to the faithless?

Dodo1610

Arcane

I've never played P&P, but hovering over stats makes it pretty evident which primary classes use what for casting. Illiteracy seems to be a human right these days.
Though some of the descriptions could be a bit clearer. The character creation isn't that clear with subclasses that use different stats like in case of eldritch scions being charisma based.

NP0uRhO.jpg

The Feyspeaker's feature list is lacking it's most important feature the feymagic feat. It's a small issue but why isn't it listed why do I have to check every single icon to know what it does in order to understand the class.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom