Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
can't wait to go to a vending machine while waiting for a train and check out those mind-blowing drink physics
Yeah,you will have to fill that thirst meter before you die from dehydration,that water you drank five minutes ago is gone ;).

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
can't wait to go to a vending machine while waiting for a train and check out those mind-blowing drink physics
Yeah,you will have to fill that thirst meter before you die from dehydration,that water you drank five minutes ago is gone ;).

I hope they have an accessible bathroom on the train so that I can take a shit.

Morkar Left

Looks more like for Larpers and Cosplayers than actual video game scifi sim fans.
The hall looks pretty empty at the moment...

Aemar

Arcane
CitCon livestream in 3 hours

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizencon/livestream

Non-citizens need not apply :smug:

image0.jpg

BUT IT'S A SCAAAAM, ALL THESE PEOPLE LINING UP TO ENJOY A SCAM! STOP ENJOYING YOUR SCAM! STOP IT! YOU'LL MAKE REDDIT CRY!
Meanwhile at the Cloud Imperium Games HQ...

tenor.gif

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What takes me out of the game is that the ships seem to handle the same regardless of atmosphere. The ship is just floating around in the air, making zero noise on a planet with similar atmosphere/gravity as earth.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Chris Roberts has done it again :kfc:

The whole demo looked slick but I especially liked the views of the city from the train

What takes me out of the game is that the ships seem to handle the same regardless of atmosphere. The ship is just floating around in the air, making zero noise on a planet with similar atmosphere/gravity as earth.
They pretty much do handle the same right now. They just had a panel where they showed off the update to the flight model that they're working on. It adds things like lift, better atmospheric sound feedback, and more variation in the way different ships handle. They said they're targeting that for 3.4.

hello friend

Arcane
Honestly, if they spin off another company and just sell all tech and assets to them, then declare bankruptcy they've got a solid Second Life kind of product. Sci fi chatroom. Won't be much else to do, apart from the riveting box-carrying gameplay.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
BUT IT'S A SCAAAAM, ALL THESE PEOPLE LINING UP TO ENJOY A SCAM! STOP ENJOYING YOUR SCAM! STOP IT! YOU'LL MAKE REDDIT CRY!
Hey, people are free to spend money on whatever they want. Just don't back here in tears when the company inevitably goes bankrupt before producing anything resembling a final product and you're left without even a build of the game to play since the servers will be disabled.

Perkel

Arcane
They improved vastly lighting:

r50qghjzyfr11.png

someone made 1:1 scale of dragonfly for con:

2rdohdja9dr11.png

:what:

Be073nv.jpg

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Watching presentation right now since i didn't watch it live.

Now i am sure if this will come out it will make shitton of money. They have now persistent item management from Betsheda games in it. Basically pick up any object you like and place them anywhere you like.

It is no longer GTA in space but more like Betsheda games in space. I guess bugs and all :D

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Only thing interesting is probably the new SQ42 trailer

It’s a cinematic trailer, that’s even a step down from last year where they showed a supposed vertical slice. I watched the entire shitfest live yesterday and they avoided mentioning SQ42 like the devil avoids holy water. They had to show that lame cinematic trailer in the end to at least pretend that the game still exists. Still no release date, no details. A roadmap is supposed to come out by the end of the year, but lying Croberts already promised it in the past, never to mention it again. The game is dead.

The game has been dead for a while. This is just the corpse of the chicken running around after its head had been cut off. The only people still believing in it are the people who were unfortunate enough to drop cash on it. Sunken cost is a bitch.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You have the opportunity create a new science fiction game.

You have the money to realize any vision you have.

You make your story about evil tooth-faced aliens attacking human military. And space pirates.

Now compare that to this:

Perkel

Arcane
That Fyre festival was fucking best trolling ever.

People paid like $10k for supposed best ever festival where they would be camped in luxury suites on private island on show with best stars.

"I wanted an updated Freelancer game."
- Hideo Kojima

X4 will be released nov30 2018 and should be best space sim game in a long while with depth freelancer or SC would wish to have.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom