Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

It's infuriating to watch Kingdom Come get busted for a misdemeanour while Skyrim walks free, receiving leniency for the same sins because of who they are..

Even more amazing that in overall presentation Kingdom Come is leaps ahead of any Bethesda shit. And that's a first project by indie studio while Bethesda has had numerous bestsellers under its belt and thus should not be in shortage of money. I don't see them game journos acknowledging that fact.

Oracsbox

No one gives a shit about the bugs in skyrim because all they want to do is mod it into a titty fest rape sim I guarantee the first mod for Elder Scrolls 6 will be a nude mod.
People actually played KCD so noticed the early bugs and unlike Bethesda the devs have worked hard to fix them and I really appreciate it,in turn I support the company and will be interested in future releases.

Gerrard

Arcane
Why the fuck does this game have the same retarded psychic guards and "Stolen items" mechanic as Bethtardo's shit?

SlamDunk

Arcane
informative.png

Warhorse's Community Manager sheds light on the sequel: https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/band-of-bastards-dlc-kingdom-come-deliverance/60839/49

DrFusselpulli said:
WH focus still relies on Kingdom Come: Deliverance and its DLCs.

The whole team is working on it, but we also have already plans for KCD2, and Daniel is indeed not scouting for a map expansion for a DLC, but he is already thinking about where to go next.

Nothing is set in stone so far about the next KCD game, which will come out in a couple of years from now, this is just a small task force of Warhorse members planing ahead as a side-task while the core of the team is working on DLCs and Bugfixes. There are no assets, no gameplay mechanics or anything existing of KCD2 yet, and nobody is working on it so far.

The full fledged development of KCD2 can start after the release of the last DLC A Womans lot and modding support for KCD. All DLCs are within the Story of KCD1, while KCD2 will show what will come after the end of KCD1.

So it is not completely true, that Kingdom Come 2 is “no topic at all” for Warhorse Studios, as we are indeed working on plans about it, thinking ahead, but the development in itself hasn´t been started yet. The team is still working on Kingdom Come: Deliverance and its DLCs.

From a perspective of communications, KCD2 doesn´t matter at all, there is nothing to talk about it yet than, yes, there will be a second part continuing with the story at some point in the far future.

For now, we are Working on the DLCs, Mod-Support and Bugfixes for Kingdom Come: Deliverance. That's our focus.

Paul_cz

Arcane
which will come out in a couple of years from now

ahahahahahahahahhaa no
I don't think that by couple he actually means specifically two; he means "several, unknown amount for now".
My guess would be 3-4 years, they have the engine, lot of assets, lot of gameplay mechanics, but will need to create new story/quests and polish/improve everything.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Speaking of RPGs that were released unfinished and buggy, 8 months later and there's still KCD bugfixes to be found lul

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i played around june-july the major one are mostly fixed, i only found clipping, weird animation cycle, people walk into walls and minor stuff like tgat, no quest is broken or anything major

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I finally got around to "fix" my PC (turns out graphics cards can be only partly broken...) and was now able to play the game on 1080p with everything except shadows on the highest settings.
Looks nice.

Anyway, the village yokel main character not withstanding, the gameplay loop of this game is actually nice. Fight some bandits, do some hunting, sneak around and steal all the shit, become filthy rich - all as it should.

But the biggest letdown to me has to be what has been most hyped prior to release: the combat.
The base attacking/defending/dodging isn't that horrible - although I wish it was more RPG than action based, like Morrowind.
But the camera during combat is horrible. Anything more than one enemy and the same time and you want to look around more, but the camera ends up "glued" to the enemy closest to you before it moves on. Why not just make it move freely if you didn't lock it manually? Ugh.
And the combos are just utter bullshit. If your enemy doesn't suck, he will block or dodge any attempt at it - the only way to fight stronger opponents is to only attack after counter/parry anyway. If your enemy is weak, you could pull a combo off, but the enemy will die faster than you can do a full combo. That is if you can actually pull off the directions, which even after 70 hours of playing in total I just find EXTREMELY unreliable. I am really wondering how they tested this and could think "yeah, this works great!".
As it is, it just ends up very monotonous and WAY less fun than M&B, for example.

I really hope they improve this significantly in the second game.
One way to save combos would be to make enemies "stunned" after certain actions and any combo initiated then is guaranteed to be seen through (if you pull it off).
Then they need to fix the camera and maybe remove one of the directions or improve their detection.
Oh, and more weapons, of course.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There is an RPG element to combos where they will mechanically become harder to dodge as your skill with weapons improves.

This effect only becomes noticeable after your about half of the way to the skill level cap.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Release date - October 16th:

Hans Capon is one of the most popular characters in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Watch Tobi and Luke Dale, the actor playing Hans Capon go through some of the most memorable scenes of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. In addition to that, a new story DLC with new quests surrounding a love affair of Hans Capon is released on October 16th - Get ready!

Codex Year of the Donut
How is the state of the game in regards to bugs right now? I remember talk about some really nasty issues shortly after release.
I'm on my first playthrough now and haven't encountered anything major. No CTD's or unfinishable quests, just some minor bugs and unpolished things like clothing clipping or AI walking against an obstacle.

All the typical bugs you generally see in "polished" sandbox games from big publishers that don't get their review scores lowered because of "bugs". I'd even say your average AssCreed is a clunkier game. Some badly placed checkpoints in game gave me way more annoyance than any bugs.
This is a good point, it seems only AA games ever get knocked for having bugs.

It's amazing that they managed to base the original game around a village yokel, and the DLC around a snobby fop. What's next, will the sequel revolve around Satan? There's something to be said for good characters.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
I'm on my first playthrough now and haven't encountered anything major. No CTD's or unfinishable quests, just some minor bugs and unpolished things like clothing clipping or AI walking against an obstacle.
I guess I'm going to retract this statement. The further I'm progressing the more issues pop up. And because of these issues I'm starting to check online for workarounds which made me realise I could have a lot more quests but most of them just didn't trigger or a crucial person was missing. It also hard to avoid to read spoilers when looking for solutions online, further taking away from the experience.

1. Couldn't return the bowl from the cave, after a while Urban attacked me. I beat him up and the quest is resolved, so a minor issue.
  2. No follow up quest with Hans Capon after the bathhouse (robber baron).
  3. No quest line from the Talmberg huntsman, effectively locking me out of three quests (hare hunt, sheep in wolf's clothing and cherchez la femme).
  4. The fresco master is nowhere to be found, so I can't buy his treasure map and this will probably screw me on a later quest (all that glisters).
  5. Pestilence, the Merhojed side quest. After sending Nicodemus and Johanka on their way and creating the remedy I'm prompted to 'Take the remedy to Merhojed'. There I can only administer the cure to Daniel and tell Melichar that I suspect the sick are poisoned. I can't ask him to let me see the captive. After waiting at least 8 hours in the village Nicodemus and Johanka still hadn't showed up so I went back to check where they were. Johanka was nowhere to be found and Nicodildo was sleeping beside his alchemy station. I broke into the barn and administered the cure to the captive furthering the plotline, but the pestilence sidequest is probably doomed since half the vilagers are still sick and I can't give them the cure.
Performance also seems to degrade slowly as the game progresses as I'm experiencing more and more framerate drops. Maybe I'll pick it up again after some more patches, I hope these will be separate from the DLC because in this state they wont get any more money from me.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Many quests are time limited, they can expire if you don't hurry up. Oftentimes a quest doesn't trigger because you killed a key NPC or did something that prevented you from getting the quest. I think (might be wrong) that all quest related bugs have been fixed long ago, the only one remaining are technical or visual, usually those that are hard to pin down and replicate.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
I've haven't killed a single innocent person in my game. Certain quests are timed yes, but I haven't heard anything about a timer on Nicholas' quests (the Talmsberg huntsman).
I think (might be wrong) that all quest related bugs have been fixed long ago
Pestilence is fucked up in my game and so is returning the bowl from the cave.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Smejki used to frequent this thread, only he could shed light on possible quest bugs still remaining in the game. Sadly he disagreed with Vavra once and now his skin serves as a KCD2 project management whiteboard.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Baardhaas are you playing a salty version? That would explain your issues that have already been patched out.
No, I bought it in the latest steam sale (40% off). The versionnumber on the main screen reads 1.6.2.

But, after loading a previous save the pestilence part worked fine this time. I think Nicodemus and Johanka got waylaid by bandits because I was close enough to activate the AI's in the area. This time I waited in Sasau until Nicodemus and Johanka arrived. After advancing the main quest I got prompted for the Talmberg sidequests too. So all is good.
I did run in to another fine bug though.
In a previous quest Andrew was hanged after I framed him. For my current quest I visited the Inn in the glade again and lo and behold, there were two instances of Andrew. Not just dangling from a rope, but also very much alive standing outside the inn.

The game is doing so much stuff right I really don't want to bash it. But questbreaking bugs are simply not acceptable. That being said, it is quite a remarkable effort for a new studio and the attention to detail is superb.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom