Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Apeiron - KOTOR remake in Unreal Engine 4 (no, not that Apeiron) - KILLED BY DISNEY

HD Bastilla :shredder:
yKIel.gif

pippin

That gif reminds me how in DAO the characters have british teeth by default. In fact one of the most popular mods for the game is a "White Teeth" edit.

Dats racist tho

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...de-kotor-reboot-apeiron-gets-very-first-video

Below is the first footage (non live-stream) of fan-made Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic reboot Apeiron. It shows the old 2003 role-playing game brought visually and impressively up to date in Unreal Engine 4.

YouTuber MrMattyPlays recorded and shared the footage having been given access by the Apeiron development team. There are four minutes of footage in which four areas are shown: the upper and lower cities of Taris, the starting spaceship area of Endar Spire, and the Tatooine city of Anchorhead.

The frame-rate is choppy and the visuals are compressed but MrMattyPlays assures us that the build, played first-hand, is visually stunning.

Of more interest to me, however, are signs of gameplay changes. The level is explored from a first-person perspective rather than third-person perspective as the original game used, and combat appears to be in real-time rather than in KOTOR's rounds - blasters fire while both the player-character and enemies run around.

But do bear in mind that this is a pre-alpha tech demo and anything you see may be placeholder and subject to significant change.

KOTOR Apeiron is a community project I'm in the process of finding out more about. There are plans to accept donations at some point but never to charge people to play, as charging could incur the shut-down attention of IP holder Disney.

There's no timeline for the project being finished, and there's an open call for development help. And although there are four areas seen in this video, there are many more to tackle, so there's a long way to go.

Prime Junta

I'd play a new KOTOR game. If it was any good. Can only muster up so much excitement for a fan remake that will most likely peter out as real life catches up on the team.

Edit: looks good tho, and the gameplay is unlikely to be more shit than the original

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Me don't like. What the hell have they done to the beautiful clean environments of original KOTOR?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why do remakes with no commercial use/goal get hit by C&D letters? I've read somewhere that that will cause Lucasfilms (Disney?) to lose the right to the IP, but that has always sounded preposterous to me.

Why do remakes with no commercial use/goal get hit by C&D letters? I've read somewhere that that will cause Lucasfilms (Disney?) to lose the right to the IP, but that has always sounded preposterous to me.

But what if people would play the free remake rather than buy more loot boxes? We can't allow that!

Terra

Cipher
Shocking news, it's almost as if this has happened before.

Dodo1610

Arcane
The biggest mistake these fan projects make is to not ask for the IP holder's permission. Because when the IP holder finds these projects on their own they are pretty much forced to stop them. If they would have asked they might have come to an arrangement with Lucas Arts but by not asking for permsission at all they have doomed their project from day one.

The biggest mistake these fan projects make is to not ask for the IP holder's permission. Because when the IP holder finds these projects on their own they are pretty much forced to stop them. If they would have asked they might have come to an arrangement with Lucas Arts but by not asking for permsission at all they have doomed their project from day one.

And the person who gave the permission would be personally responsible if the project do any harm to the business. No gain, only risks for a person making this decision.

Bocian

Arcane
Jews.

Modron

Arcane
The biggest mistake these projects make is not failing to ask for permission, it's not running silently and deeply until the project is finished then releasing it before a lawyer can do anything to stop it. Asking permission will always result in a big no as well.

Dodo1610

Arcane
The biggest mistake these projects make is not failing to ask for permission, it's not running silently and deeply until the project is finished then releasing it before a lawyer can do anything to stop it. Asking permission will always result in a big no as well.

Do you realise that these companys could do far worse then send a cease and desist letter . I am not defending this practise but it's completely legal

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom