Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Jaethal is ok. Nigga is ok. Nok-Nok is ok. Jubilost and Valerie are passable. Others are too annoying.
So anyone found a way to change companions portraits?

In theory by editing save, but iirc Luckmann said he didn't succeed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So if someone was wondering what did they break with yesterday's patch, here it is:
Mortheim
comment_modindicator_moderator.png
53 minutes ago
Flintrock Grassland Problems in Hotfix 1.0.8b
Dear Pathfinders!

We have found out that as of 1.0.8b, there is a problem with the Flintrock Grassland area. The quests taking place there have become corrupted, with events starting and finishing randomly and at wrong times. We would like to ask you to refrain from going there until later this day – in the evening, we are planning to roll out an update that fixes this. We are very sorry for the inconvenience!

In the weekend, we will also start work on a way to convert save files of those players who have already visited the Flintrock Grassland and encountered these problems. This is a difficult task, because the quest has a complicated structure and there are literally dozens of conditions and varying states to take into account. Still, we will analyze every save file we currently have and try to get them to work right. We will also keep an eye out for rarer, more arcane cases as well.

This game is truly Bugfinder: Patchmaker.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Man it feels like the game doesn't let up, I'm in Chapter 3 (I think, the whole Varnhold thing) and fucked around too much now I barely have time to react to the main quest and its hidden time limit. Fuck.
I'm kind of curious if the time limits on previous quests/tiers/chapters carries into future time limits so you can't ride out the clock before finishing some things "Safely". I've been working under the assumption it doesn't penalize you for it, but I have no idea.
Main quests seem timed to the hill curse timer, and usually start a few days before bad stuff starts happening.

I think you get "penalized"(curse timer starts when you enter capitol first time) for finishing chapter 1 early though, but supposedly you are also rewarded for doing it quickly.
Yep. You get a special dueling sword, called 'The Lord Protector' if I recall correctly, but if you rush to Finish Chapter 1 you'll have a lot to explore in Chapter 2, when the countdown timers have started. Overall I'm not sure if it's better to rush main quests in order to mitigate the negative events or if it's better to take as long as possible to maximise city and realm development / exploration.

You do recall correctly, you get a +2 Dueling Sword with the "Loyal" enhancement. (-5 to hit against friendlies, useful if you get charmed/dominated and with the Necklace that provokes AoOs on your own team)
I have that, wound up selling it(iirc it's exotic, and I'm not gonna use a feat for that...).

Pretty sure taking your time and exploring what you can is superior strategy then, every extra bit of xp will help once the trolls show up, chap2 has a lot of hard fights (will o wisps and the like).

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
This is what Pillars of Eternity has done:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/1730963192538218725/

This system goes aganist everything others RPG taught all my life

I've never played P&P, but hovering over stats makes it pretty evident which primary classes use what for casting. Illiteracy seems to be a human right these days.
Though some of the descriptions could be a bit clearer. The character creation isn't that clear with subclasses that use different stats like in case of eldritch scions being charisma based.

The Feyspeaker's feature list is lacking it's most important feature the feymagic feat. It's a small issue but why isn't it listed why do I have to check every single icon to know what it does in order to understand the class.

I like the game a lot so far but the UI is greatly lacking info and is not pleasant/easy to read at all. Aside from the bugs it's one of the more annoying issues for me.

Salvo

Arcane
Man it feels like the game doesn't let up, I'm in Chapter 3 (I think, the whole Varnhold thing) and fucked around too much now I barely have time to react to the main quest and its hidden time limit. Fuck.
I'm kind of curious if the time limits on previous quests/tiers/chapters carries into future time limits so you can't ride out the clock before finishing some things "Safely". I've been working under the assumption it doesn't penalize you for it, but I have no idea.
Main quests seem timed to the hill curse timer, and usually start a few days before bad stuff starts happening.

I think you get "penalized"(curse timer starts when you enter capitol first time) for finishing chapter 1 early though, but supposedly you are also rewarded for doing it quickly.
Yep. You get a special dueling sword, called 'The Lord Protector' if I recall correctly, but if you rush to Finish Chapter 1 you'll have a lot to explore in Chapter 2, when the countdown timers have started. Overall I'm not sure if it's better to rush main quests in order to mitigate the negative events or if it's better to take as long as possible to maximise city and realm development / exploration.

You do recall correctly, you get a +2 Dueling Sword with the "Loyal" enhancement. (-5 to hit against friendlies, useful if you get charmed/dominated and with the Necklace that provokes AoOs on your own team)
I have that, wound up selling it(iirc it's exotic, and I'm not gonna use a feat for that...).

Pretty sure taking your time and exploring what you can is superior strategy then, every extra bit of xp will help once the trolls show up, chap2 has a lot of hard fights (will o wisps and the like).

Honestly, if you know where to go and beeline for the locations without exploring at random, you can get literally everything done in Act 1 (bar Ratnook Hill/Wererats) in about 20-25 days. It's easy to get both all the XP you can and the reward from Jamandi. The order in which to tackle the main missions is Ancient Tomb ---> Stag Temple ---> Sycamore, while visiting as many secondary places as you can on the way. This also includes pushing your party as far as you can without resting, and not stopping every time someone is fatigued. Most of the time you don't NEED to be fully rested to defeat mooks on the map, as using your characters and your resources correctly is far more important than having plenty of the latter.

Either way, nothing is stopping you from taking your time, as other than a bit of flavor text and the 2k GPs worth Dueling Sword absolutely nothing changes for Chapter 2, and losing 2k GPs isn't worth crying over as enemies start dropping Masterwork gear that sells for 100 a pop.

PS: Obviously the faster you complete Act 1 the more spare time you have for Act 2, as the events that dictate the flow of the story happen at set dates, and not X days after last chapter. Which is good.

Anyone has completed the Cypress Queen's set for the Elf antiquarian? I have the four items https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...K6BKcD_mI9795U/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true# lists, but he still says that the set is not complete. Might it be another case of Bugfinder?

Not a bug. Every set needs five items to be complete, the Docs simply isn't updated.

Before you ask, I don't know the location of the last piece, apologies.

Salvo

Arcane
Honestly, if you know where to go and beeline for the locations without exploring at random, you can get literally everything done in Act 1 (bar Ratnook Hill/Wererats) in about 20-25 days. It's easy to get both all the XP you can and the reward from Jamandi. The order in which to tackle the main missions is Ancient Tomb ---> Stag Temple ---> Sycamore, while visiting as many secondary places as you can on the way.
does that include visiting the river nightmare guy so I can actually rest

You can visit Nettle's Crossing when you spare a day to do Bokken's cave quest with the Spider Swarms. Just keep going south-east and you should reach the river pretty fast. From there Old Sycamore isn't far away.

The River Nightmare quest is a rare exception to the order of things, where it's best to just drop whatever you are doing and finish the quest ASAP, as being perma-exhausted is a pretty serious debuff at Levels 1-4.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
PS: Obviously the faster you complete Act 1 the more spare time you have for Act 2, as the events that dictate the flow of the story happen at set dates, and not X days after last chapter. Which is good.
Is this actually true?
In my game, first curse triggered 1 month after I finished act 1, and then every year after that. Every chapter also started at that time. Since I could have delayed beating stag lord by more than a month, this seems inconsistent with what you are saying, since I would then beat act 1 after act 2 was supposed to start.

As far as I can tell though, after act 1, events do happen at set dates.

Salvo

Arcane
Is this actually true?
In my game, first curse triggered 1 month after I finished act 1, and then every year after that. Every chapter also started at that time. Since I could have delayed beating stag lord by more than a month, this seems inconsistent with what you are saying, since I would then beat act 1 after act 2 was supposed to start.

As far as I can tell though, after act 1, events do happen at set dates.

You would be correct. Ancient Curse PART 1 is the only one of the quest line that doesn't have a set date. The rest does, which is why finishing the main quests problems as fast as possible is important. It's very possible to have multiple quests happening at the same time if you're too slow.

saeci

Arcane
Had to edit save file 4 times and edit memory 1 time just so I could get to chapter 5. Wait for the patches if you want to play this kids.

saeci

Arcane
The only problem I find with casters is that their damage spells, especially single target, are just bad. As in why would I use, say, hellfire ray at level 12 that does 12d6 damage when I could instead be debuffing enemies for my 31 dex rogue that does 200 damage turn.

Delterius

Arcane
The only problem I find with casters is that their damage spells, especially single target, are just bad. As in why would I use, say, hellfire ray at level 12 that does 12d6 damage when I could instead be debuffing enemies for my 31 dex rogue that does 200 damage turn.
isn't at a pathfinder/3E thing

nukes being pointless compared to support play, that is

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom