Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingmaker Video Let's Nerd

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Deleted Member 16721

What's up fellas and fellaettes? I'm back with a new Let's Play and YouTube channel after nuking my last one. Doing a Kingmaker LP. First episode is messed up with the audio but the rest are fine. Aasimar Archaeologist trying to make the Stolen Lands great again. If you're bored have a look. This channel is where I'll be posting my new, exciting and amazing content. No monetization either, so no one bitch I'm trying to make money off it. I'm just spreading the good word of the Holy Order of Owlcat.

See you there, chaps.:brodex:

Last edited by a moderator:

PEACH

Arbiter
See you there, chaps.

rating_citation.png

tindrli

Arcane
What's up fellas and fellaettes? I'm back with a new Let's Play and YouTube channel after nuking my last one. Doing a Kingmaker LP. First episode is messed up with the audio but the rest are fine. Aasimar Archaeologist trying to make the Stolen Lands great again. If you're bored have a look. This channel is where I'll be posting my new, exciting and amazing content. No monetization either, so no one bitch I'm trying to make money off it. I'm just spreading the good word of the Holy Order of Owlcat.

See you there, chaps.:brodex:

i dont give fuck if you are monetizing or not

Deleted Member 16721

i dont give fuck if you are monetizing or not

Well in the past I was accused of trying to get people to watch my videos because I was monetizing. Now I could care less about the 2 cents per 100 views I would get by monetizing, so I don't have it enabled. Should be ad-free then, I guess. Unless YouTube just puts ads on everything now.

Deleted Member 16721

Vidya lp? Bother not.

But...I make it interesting with my riveting commentary and skillful tactics in combat and character development! I also screw up a lot, so it could be funny to watch. If anyone is bored enough feel free to follow along, will be posting Episode 5 today.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Every bit of attention Owlcat gains from those kind of lps is good, so youll get a brofist from me, fluent, this one time.

Don't use it all up at once!

Deleted Member 16721

Still chugging along, up to Episode 4 already. When some of you start showing up, watching and leaving comments I'll post more frequently. Come on, someone here has to like vidya LPs??? Anyone???

Deleted Member 16721

Episode 6 will be up later today, but here's #5. We try our hand at spider swarms and sleeping bandits in this video, and also show you my ingenius (not) leveling up skillz.

Deleted Member 16721

Episode 6 is up. Got a few new subscribers, if from here, that's cool. I try to make sound level up decisions and use tactics somewhat in this LP, so it might be of interest for that. Peace out!

Deleted Member 16721

If you're not playing the game currently you could be watching this LP. In Episode 7 we learn more about our sweetheart (or sweetheart-less?) Jaethal, head back to Fangberry Cave for a spider encounter and do a bunch more stuff. Movie length, baby, grab the popcorn. :)

Deleted Member 16721

Ohhhhhhh yeaaaahhhhhhh!!! Episode 8 is up and we do some serious nerding in this one, searching for the Kobold chief and taking on Big Brown, aka a nasty brown spider in Old Sycamore. Yeeehaww!!

Deleted Member 16721

Two bards.

That's two bards too many.

I remedy this later on in the series. But you MUST WATCH TO SEE HOW!!! MWHAHA!

But seriously, Linzi, as much as I enjoy her, gets replaced pretty soon. My character does admittedly kind of suck but I'm still working on fixing him.

Deleted Member 16721

Episode 9 is up. We clear Old Sycamore of those pesky kobolds and head back to Oleg's to learn more about our new companions, Octavia and Regongar. Ch-ch-check it out!

Deleted Member 16721

Ep. 11 is up. We hunt some bandits, have another encounter with the Forest Nymph, head to a desecrated temple, fight a vicious boar and meet some new interesting characters in this episode.

Deleted Member 16721

Video?

You're talking in the video?

Nope

I talk about the game mechanics and give information about the game. It's a learning experience too! It's not like I'm rambling on about my day or how great my sex life is. It's all game-related, showing tactics, leveling up, etc.. It's decent commentary, I think. :)

Deleted Member 16721

Don't disagree with me! It's a damn good commentary about the game mechanics, ruleset and so on. Okay, maybe not damn good, but it's decent, adequate even. Listen, I just ramble on in the videos about the game, I know it's terrible, cut me slack, okay? :negative:

Episode 12 is up and wa-howww it's a doozy. We speak with a Priest of Erastil, Jhod, explore a dangerous swamp, fight a deadly leopard, stumble upon some very tough wererats, take on a water elemental, scuffle with some dangerous wolves and more in this episode of Let's Nerd.

Embrace The Nerd.

Tigranes

Arcane
Video?

You're talking in the video?

Nope

I talk about the game mechanics and give information about the game. It's a learning experience too! It's not like I'm rambling on about my day or how great my sex life is. It's all game-related, showing tactics, leveling up, etc.. It's decent commentary, I think. :)

If you really want to know why some people will never ever watch these videos, it's completely inefficient. It takes me a few minutes to read dozens and dozens of Codex posts. That means even a DraQ word swamp takes a couple of minutes max, because I'm not going to read it like one reads Hegel or something. In contrast, I have to either sit here and listen to some yokel um and ah and wa-hoowww forever to discover if he even has anything worth saying. And usually, chances are, they don't.

The only reason to watch a video is for the things I can only get from the video, like if I want to know how the game flows, the animations, etc. Which I can do by skipping around in a gameplay video in 30 seconds.

There seems to be a significant set of people who enjoy watching other people play games. I have never understood why. If I want to waste my time, I can play games, otherwise, I can go do something else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom