Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Efe

Erudite
you could give octavia a necklace that maximizes and empowers her cantrips. Amazing boost!

Canus

Savant
Chapter 4 hits its stride just as the hilltop goes live. Had to sit through weeks of just being shit on. Kingdom is still someone Serene, no fucking idea how that's calculated.

In relation to the second part of Harrim's quest:

Does anyone know what the heart of the golem, and I suppose the heart of the anvil, are actually used for?

Developer
Hey, Chris Avellone , this has been the most interesting game development related interview I've ever listened to, certainly one of the most exhaustive talks related to narrative/quest design. Thank you, and thank that Arseny gentleman. I always have warm feelings towards fellow philologist students.

Hey, thanks - and thanks for popping in to listen.

I felt bad about the technical difficulties with the audio, so that was part of the reason I stayed on an extra hour, but also because it was fun, too.

Yeah, Arseniy was pretty good at juggling playing the game, checking comments, and yet still finding time to kick narrative thoughts back and forth.

I'd met him in a Russian design class previously, and we'd had a chance to talk there, too (they'd invite writers to speak to the students and do Q&A via remote).

Ibbz

Augur
Hahaha, has anyone reached the 'Blakemoor' encounter yet near Pitax?
Once you've helped Blakemoor complete his final masterpiece, he gets attacked by a creature known as 'Sirotek' (which just happens to be the last name of one the Sir-Tech founders) who believes Blakemoor's words will open the gates of hell.

I'm amazed anyone is playing this, I'm waiting for the big patch. It's a hard wait, though. Got my party of 6 murder hobos kind-hearted adventurers ready to go...
I'm going to soldier on until I hit some completely gamestopping bug. I'm playing at a leisurely pace too of course (Krumped the trolls and I'm dicking around waiting for chapter 3 to kick off now) since I'm not actively poopsocking to get to the buggiest stuff, but I'm having way too much fucking fun with it to put on the breaks until it's patched up. The loading times are painful but the first printing of BG1 on a million fucking swapping CDs was painful (I wanna say 6, then later they got it down to 4. Too lazy to actually dig it out and double check since I've got it boxed up), and the bugs hurt but I also played all 3 Troika games around release with no fan patches and lived with it so what the hell. I'd be a lot more pissed if I wasn't enjoying what's already there so much. Also their frantic hotfixing is at least a sign of life even if they still end up breaking shit with their hotfixes.

Yosharian

Arcane
Hey, Chris Avellone , this has been the most interesting game development related interview I've ever listened to, certainly one of the most exhaustive talks related to narrative/quest design. Thank you, and thank that Arseny gentleman. I always have warm feelings towards fellow philologist students.

I felt bad about the technical difficulties with the audio, so that was part of the reason I stayed on an extra hour, but also because it was fun, too.

Yeah, Arseniy was pretty good at juggling playing the game, checking comments, and yet still finding time to kick narrative thoughts back and forth.

I'd met him in a Russian design class previously, and we'd had a chance to talk there, too (they'd invite writers to speak to the students and do Q&A via remote).
Is there a VOD of this stream somewhere? I tried watching the Twitch playback but your audio is too quiet to hear on that.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Question (some spoilers)-

I cleared the Undead Cyclops area where you lose the LGYBQ guy. I got back to town, got the split quest. Went to help the annoying lady immediately, and that finished that quest.

I did not clear any of the shit in that area. I went straight to the annoying lady did her part, then the other part - quest done. I prefer to clear everything possible before doing the advancement quests. The quest makes it sound like there is a huge rush. Is there? If not, how much time do I have to clear everything? I definitely plan on doing the annoying lady part first over going after the gay guy.

Is there any hard information on this? Is there good reason to restart before entering the area that starts the quest, like content that gets locked if you don't do it first? Any and all information is welcome.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Hahaha, has anyone reached the 'Blakemoor' encounter yet near Pitax?
Once you've helped Blakemoor complete his final masterpiece, he gets attacked by a creature known as 'Sirotek' (which just happens to be the last name of one the Sir-Tech founders) who believes Blakemoor's words will open the gates of hell.

It's the codex backer quest. If you forum search "siroket" you can see infinitron and a few others brainstorming it before release.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Is there a VOD of this stream somewhere? I tried watching the Twitch playback but your audio is too quiet to hear on that.
I think Olwcat would know about that. I'm also interested in listening to this a second time, because I was playing Deadfire with the stream in the background, and I've probably missed some things.

I guess many people have asked this already, but speaking of quest design and maximizing the player's opportunity to freely express his player character - has Chris had any experience with Age of Decadence and what has he commented on it? Are such games possible to make in a development cycle of less than 10 years? :)

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I have heard that bags that add weight limit was bugged.
Or at least their description.

Народное творчество.

How do you translate "кубы суют тебе елду за щеку"?

Well, you know what time it is already did it better, I can only give you straight translation for the sake of juice - cubes shoving dick down your cheek.
"Елда" is a old but still in use word for a dick, which originates from village folk mostly I guess, and has connotations of "dick that large and mighty".

In general it translates like this:
You are walking on the map, get a message "you see enemies", you pressing "DODGE BITCH DODGE", cubes shoving dick down your cheek and then like "DODGE FAILED FIGHT BITCH", loading for a minute, killing 2 goblins, loot nothing, loading for a minute back to the map, and after two meters ONE MORE TIME, and flying away to the Moon [on a butthurt thruster].

Reinhardt

Arcane
Yeah, when i was level 2 it was deadly monsters in each encounter. Now, when i CAN kill deadly monsters it's duo bandits or a few goblins.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I'm amazed anyone is playing this, I'm waiting for the big patch. It's a hard wait, though. Got my party of 6 murder hobos kind-hearted adventurers ready to go...
it's playable, especially in the early to mid game.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I think Olwcat would know about that. I'm also interested in listening to this a second time, because I was playing Deadfire with the stream in the background, and I've probably missed some things.

I guess many people have asked this already, but speaking of quest design and maximizing the player's opportunity to freely express his player character - has Chris had any experience with Age of Decadence and what has he commented on it? Are such games possible to make in a development cycle of less than 10 years? :)

He played the beta years and years ago. I think I remember hearing that he and Vault Dweller were in communication at some point, but my search skills fail me.

Cael

Arcane
So who's going to take charge of this, Drog, Wesp5 or the Circle of Eight?

At least Co8 gets their shit done. Considering Wesps amateurish skills and how long he is still been tinkering around with VTMB he would tinker with this game for the rest of his life.
Not sure about amateurish, but he likes to insert his own shit in there and fucks it up, and then try to fix his fuck-ups, get distracted by more stuff he wants to insert and so the neverending cycle of bugs, bugs and fixes continues.

Sykar

Arcane
Not sure about amateurish, but he likes to insert his own shit in there and fucks it up, and then try to fix his fuck-ups, get distracted by more stuff he wants to insert and so the neverending cycle of bugs, bugs and fixes continues.

He admitted to not having any programming education somewhere so yes he is an amateur who as you rightly pointed out is just as prone breaking something as he is at fixing something.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
Hour of Rage, what a shitty quest so far...fucking triggered me; taking control of a companion in dialogue is a fuck no then the unwinnable duel...

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
What do you guys think, what kind of "build" Chris Avellone has in terms of DnD or Pathfinder system?
What combinations of classes and how many levels of them, what lvl he is??

I think he has at least 1 level of Rogue-based class in his build :lol:, not sure about rest though - possibly some kind of wizard?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Found a "friendly" bug. Took Back to Back teamwork feat with Jaethal.
Next combat this happens:
ry0OGKQ.jpg
It is a +2 circumstance bonus, it should not apply more than once.

Cael

Arcane
What do you guys think, what kind of "build" Chris Avellone has in terms of DnD or Pathfinder system?
What combinations of classes and how many levels of them, what lvl he is??

I think he has at least 1 level of Rogue-based class in his build :lol:, not sure about rest though - possibly some kind of wizard?
B.A.R.D...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom