Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Btw heard about bug that made Amiri invincible - her HP never drops below sertain number.
Introduced in one of the later *fixes.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I would like to take a moment to show my appreciation for how "crafting" is handled in this game: you find all the pieces, you bring them to an NPC, you get an awesome artifact in return. Just one more thing to show that, unlike some hipsters I could name, these guys get it.

Cael

Arcane
Onward to Chapter 4, come at me Bugmaker!!
:yeah:

....Incidentally, is there any way to bypass Adamantine DR?
Get an Adamantine weapon or a Monk at whichever level gives him ki strike adamantine, assuming that is in Bugfinder.

Andnjord

Arcane

Get an Adamantine weapon or a Monk at whichever level gives him ki strike adamantine, assuming that is in Bugfinder.
Heck, have you seen how much a new merc costs at that level? I have a kingdom to build here, I need to make a profit from these murderhoboing adventures! How else am I gonna be able to buy those super expensive items from Pitax invest into the well-being of my inhabitants?

And I don't think I have seen an adamantine weapon for sale anywhere yet :(

Cael

Arcane

Heck, have you seen how much a new merc costs at that level? I have a kingdom to build here, I need to make a profit from these murderhoboing adventures! How else am I gonna be able to buy those super expensive items from Pitax invest into the well-being of my inhabitants?

And I don't think I have seen an adamantine weapon for sale anywhere yet :(
Then, find another weakness. Most monsters have one, except those which are deliberately made to be unkillable (e.g., Big-T). What are you trying to take down?

Vulpes

Scholar
What do you guys think, what kind of "build" Chris Avellone has in terms of DnD or Pathfinder system?
What combinations of classes and how many levels of them, what lvl he is??

I think he has at least 1 level of Rogue-based class in his build :lol:, not sure about rest though - possibly some kind of wizard?

Like all other avid fans of Caesar's Legion, he's a Grand Wizard

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm still watching the stream, and Arseny's difficulties handling an encounter I did in Chapter 2 is painful to watch.

You can get Nok Nok in Chapter 2??
No. I meant that I did that encounter in Chapter 2, several levels below Arseny, and now when he did it in Chapter 3 (with Nok-Nok, etc.) it was painful to watch. I think it's more because he was distracted and such, though, he doesn't seem incompetent, and if he had been paying attention to the chat at the time (which he said himself he wasn't) it would probably have been easier. It's a really easy encounter, but it absolutely butt-fucks you the first time you do it, because there's this wall of mooks that look very similar to two royal rapists in the back, so you drop your guard and then they go in and just sodomizes whomever you had in front.

The trick is to use a choke-point and let the mooks act as a barrier as you slowly cut them down, nuking the royal couple from the back, putting DoT:s and such on them.
Is there a recording of MCA stream?
I said I was recording.
But that was a lie.
Is there any info on the first DLC? Plan to start a new character when it comes out.
None. They said explicitly in the stream that they were not allowed to talk about it. It's how I inferred that Avellone was involved in it. He was the one to answer a question about something, stating that "we" are not allowed to talk about it, implying that he was involved, which was probably also a slip-up. Given that his involvement has concerned even such things as proof-reading so that the English translation "sounds right", it's impossible to tell what involvement he'd have in the DLC anyway.
Hey, Chris Avellone , this has been the most interesting game development related interview I've ever listened to, certainly one of the most exhaustive talks related to narrative/quest design. Thank you, and thank that Arseny gentleman. I always have warm feelings towards fellow philologist students.

Hey, thanks - and thanks for popping in to listen.

I felt bad about the technical difficulties with the audio, so that was part of the reason I stayed on an extra hour, but also because it was fun, too.

Yeah, Arseniy was pretty good at juggling playing the game, checking comments, and yet still finding time to kick narrative thoughts back and forth.

I'd met him in a Russian design class previously, and we'd had a chance to talk there, too (they'd invite writers to speak to the students and do Q&A via remote).
It was genuinely a pleasure. At first I said it was mostly because of the conversation, and less with the stream, but after you had left Arseny actually kept streaming for a little while, discussing things with us, such as what appeals to players when it comes to (C)NPC:s and such. It was a lot of fun, especially since the stream wasn't as popular/crowded as I would've imagined.
What do you guys think, what kind of "build" Chris Avellone has in terms of DnD or Pathfinder system?

I think he has at least 1 level of Rogue-based class in his build :lol:, not sure about rest though - possibly some kind of wizard?
Lawful Neutral Human Paladin (Knights of the Mystic Fire) 2/Sorcerer 6/Arcane Trickster 1/Gray Guard 1, obviously.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Hahaha, has anyone reached the 'Blakemoor' encounter yet near Pitax?
Once you've helped Blakemoor complete his final masterpiece, he gets attacked by a creature known as 'Sirotek' (which just happens to be the last name of one the Sir-Tech founders) who believes Blakemoor's words will open the gates of hell.
Damn it.. That event was bugged for me.Succeeded a DC 30 arcana to help him finish it, He just hand the grimoire and nothing else happens.

Andnjord

Arcane
Then, find another weakness. Most monsters have one, except those which are deliberately made to be unkillable (e.g., Big-T). What are you trying to take down?

I haven't met the thing in question yet, just been given the quest to get it.

The thing is a
Adamantine Golem :negative:

Fairfax

Arcane

Definitely not a druid.

B.A.R.D...
He was a bard in that little game about Obsidian's founders, but I don't know if he had a say in it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I think he has at least 1 level of Rogue-based class in his build :lol:
I think you are confusing him with mr. Feargus 'Deownerator' Urquhart.

No no, this one has 10 lvl Rogue no less, MCA 1 lvl in Rogue just help him to dodge sneak attacks, that's what I mean. (and ocassionaly strike in return))

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane

The thing is a
I hope you aren't tasked with killing it, because... you can't.

Adamantine Golem
You're "just" meant to beat on it for a while until it gets tired or something. Then you have to take out it's heart....I'll see how it goes, making my way to it now.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

The thing is a

Adamantine Golem
Can't wait to throw a Primordial Fey-Touched Adamantine Golem on my players. :bounce:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hahaha, has anyone reached the 'Blakemoor' encounter yet near Pitax?
Once you've helped Blakemoor complete his final masterpiece, he gets attacked by a creature known as 'Sirotek' (which just happens to be the last name of one the Sir-Tech founders) who believes Blakemoor's words will open the gates of hell.

Finally! :D

Did they tie in his quest with the Pitax pirates?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

The thing is a

Adamantine Golem
There are two in a tomb near your capital. I met them at level 5-6 :lol:.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

The thing is a

Adamantine Golem
There are two in a tomb near your capital. I met them at level 5-6 :lol:.

If you mean the golems you find in Lonely Burrow, they aren't adamantine.

Andnjord

Arcane
Well, that one is deaded.
Turns out Harrim has some serious metal killing plot powers!

Ye gads, with that 49 to hit it had am I glad to have Mirror Image+Concealment!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom