Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Well, that one is deaded.
Turns out Harrim has some serious metal killing plot powers!

Ye gads, with that 49 to hit it had am I glad to have Mirror Image+Concealment!

Explain ? So his incompetence at forging isnt incompetence but
metal destroying superpower :D

Andnjord

Arcane
Well, that one is deaded.
Turns out Harrim has some serious metal killing plot powers!

Ye gads, with that 49 to hit it had am I glad to have Mirror Image+Concealment!

Explain ? So his incompetence at forging isnt incompetence but
metal destroying superpower :D
Pretty much. He's almost a MCA's archetype reversal kind of character.

Thonius

Arcane
By the way. I'm rolling around in chapter two. And eh what's the time limits? I never went to verdant chamber.
Also pretty sure there is certain weapon that deal extra damage to constructs. Some sort of pickaxe.

Mortmal

Arcane
Hahaha, has anyone reached the 'Blakemoor' encounter yet near Pitax?
Once you've helped Blakemoor complete his final masterpiece, he gets attacked by a creature known as 'Sirotek' (which just happens to be the last name of one the Sir-Tech founders) who believes Blakemoor's words will open the gates of hell.

Finally! :D

Did they tie in his quest with the Pitax pirates?
Yes you successfully bought captain martyn a npc in this game .Discovered it days ago, and apparently quest with grimoire is also bugged so it integrates perfectly well into the game.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I mean is it critical for story progress? Should I run there asap?
ASAP. For best results, remember to show up alone like she said - and without any robe or heavy armor on or weapons actively equipped.

gestalt11

Arbiter
I have heard that bags that add weight limit was bugged.
Or at least their description.

Народное творчество.

How do you translate "кубы суют тебе елду за щеку"?

Well, you know what time it is already did it better, I can only give you straight translation for the sake of juice - cubes shoving dick down your cheek.
"Елда" is a old but still in use word for a dick, which originates from village folk mostly I guess, and has connotations of "dick that large and mighty".

In general it translates like this:
You are walking on the map, get a message "you see enemies", you pressing "DODGE BITCH DODGE", cubes shoving dick down your cheek and then like "DODGE FAILED FIGHT BITCH", loading for a minute, killing 2 goblins, loot nothing, loading for a minute back to the map, and after two meters ONE MORE TIME, and flying away to the Moon [on a butthurt thruster].

"Flying away to the moon on a butthurt thruster" I like this phrase, it should be a new tag.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Question (some spoilers)-

I cleared the Undead Cyclops area where you lose the LGYBQ guy. I got back to town, got the split quest. Went to help the annoying lady immediately, and that finished that quest.

I did not clear any of the shit in that area. I went straight to the annoying lady did her part, then the other part - quest done. I prefer to clear everything possible before doing the advancement quests. The quest makes it sound like there is a huge rush. Is there? If not, how much time do I have to clear everything? I definitely plan on doing the annoying lady part first over going after the gay guy.

Is there any hard information on this? Is there good reason to restart before entering the area that starts the quest, like content that gets locked if you don't do it first? Any and all information is welcome.

Seriously - how long do you have from killing the cyclops guy and needing to start the quest with the barbarian lady in the NW area? I can't ask on steam because I am banned. Even some of you nuCodexers should know this.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The final dungeon in chapter 4 is really hard. I steamrolled everything else in the chapter(had to reroll camp fight once, easy when you know it is coming), but some of these fights feel insanely tricky, like I'm missing a level or two.

Fuckers keep critting me for 120+ damage, instantly killing everything. Or doing 1d4 level drain per attack.

Cool dungeon in general though.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It looks like the game has 6 chapters.

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Stag Lord
Chapter 2 - Troll Troubles
Chapter 3 - Season of Bloom (ends with capital invasion or Womb of Lamashtu)
Chapter 4 - Vanishing of Varnhold (ends with Vordekai's tomb)
Chapter 5 - The Twice-born Warlord (ends with Armag's Tomb)
Coronation
Chapter 6 - War of the River Kings (optional)

Season of Bloom is triggered when there are still 25 days until Ancient Curse Phase 2.
Also it looks like the player's party should be around lvl 10-12 at the end of chapter 2.

Last edited:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I mean is it critical for story progress? Should I run there asap?

I didn't run their ASAP. You can go with a group to clear the area first, then alone. When alone there will be new traps that have low DR. I waited a good while before going here, months and months. Spoilers - there are some tougher enemies like an owlbear and a really tough plant thing. This was one of the last maps I cleared during that phase/chapter.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Edit:

Roqua please delete the above post or at least put in a spoiler tag. Thonius got his answer. You’re ruining a great moment for people who haven’t played yet. You’re better than that.

Did you ever try that dumpling place?

Infinitron Crispy if Roqua doesn’t, could one of you fine moderators stick a spoiler tag in there? I wouldn’t normally be a prick about this stuff and I know you guys are typically hands off, other than thread-splitting, but a lot of people ITT are waiting to play until the game gets patched. This is the best isometric RPG since the heyday of the infinity engine; the experience of incline must be protected. If that doesn’t convince you, please just think of it as toying with Roqua.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Stag Lord
Coronation

Season of Bloom is triggered when there are still 25 days until Ancient Curse Phase 2.
Also it looks like the player's party should be around lvl 10-12 at the end of chapter 2.

Optional? What?

Does that mean my game officially ended with the
coronation
What a weird ending if that is the case I have to say. There is no indication it is the end.

Codex Year of the Donut

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Stag Lord
Coronation

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Kingmaker_(adventure_path)

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Stag Lord
Coronation

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Kingmaker_(adventure_path)

Pretty sure they talked about adding a new chapter at the end, too.

Andnjord

Arcane

Krom...I cleared the Womb (END of chapter 3) at lvl9....where do you even get the XP from to get to lvl10 before the start of that chapter?

Or doing 1d4 level drain per attack.

How many Diamonds did you have to burn through?

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Krom...I cleared the Womb (END of chapter 3) at lvl9....where do you even get the XP from to get to lvl10 before the start of that chapter?

Or doing 1d4 level drain per attack.

How many Diamonds did you have to burn through?
Diamonds won't help you against level drain. I am *all* out of diamond dust and diamonds though. Didn't even realize raise dead and restoration had material components lol, would have used the latter way more sparingly.

Also I have no idea where toro gets his xp, I'm level 11 in end of chapter 4, and I *just* got that. In general I had trouble finding xp sources between chapter 3 and 4, because of the travel blocks west and east. Wound up skipping a lot more days than I wanted.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Also I have no idea where toro gets his xp, I'm level 11 in end of chapter 4, and I *just* got that. In general I had trouble finding xp sources between chapter 3 and 4, because of the travel blocks west and east. Wound up skipping a lot more days than I wanted.

He might be playing it with lesser-sized party without XP sharing. He could also be grinding random encounters or maybe he just has a squad that is more prone to getting into them.

Andnjord

Arcane
Diamonds won't help you against level drain. I am *all* out of diamond dust and diamonds though. Didn't even realize raise dead and restoration had material components lol, would have used the latter way more sparingly.
Oh my bad, I thought that Restoration used Diamonds instead of Diamond Dust (thanks Krom!). I burned through 75 Diamond Dusts in the Womb, so I can imagine that a dungeon that level drains you at every corner must be even worse. I'll make a note to stock up on them when I go there, thanks!

Mid-way through to lvl 11 at the start of chapter 4, hopefully I'll be able to get there before the big bad dungeon.

ArchAngel

Arcane
OK, just found the 3 Greater Enraged Owlbears. Tried to fight them at lvl 6. Even managed to kill 2 of them before the last one wiped everyone out :D

Andnjord

Arcane
OK, just found the 3 Greater Enraged Owlbears. Tried to fight them at lvl 6. Even managed to kill 2 of them before the last one wiped everyone out :D
Yeah, they're one of those "stealth someone around for the loot now then come back later for your pride" types of encounters :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom