Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's experience choices and consequences in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Sparta or Athens?

• THIS. IS. SPARTAAAAA!

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • FOR ATHEEEENS!

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • RPGCODEEEX!

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eriador

Arbiter
WARNING: Expect this LP to end after the first island or so. We'll see how long I can manage before the boredom sets in. I'll focus on the main storyline, with maybe some of the more interesting sidequests.

Part 1: THIS. IS. SPARTAAAA!

You know, this seems much closer to 300 than anything else. They've sorta tried at the start, with them being in formation and forming a shieldwall when the persians charged them like headless chickens. But then they start running around the battlefield, fighting individually like some barbarian plebs. :decline:

Tid3GHK.jpg

Well, Leonidas doesn't wait long to start spearing people. The combat seem to be improved from the previous iterations in the sense you can no longer spam counter-attack to win. Though for now, spamming light attack works perfectly well. It's all pretty similar to Witcher 3. Like the whole game, really.

1cazQ9y.jpg

There's also active skills now, I guess. The first one stuns everyone around you with Spartan Voodoo Magic, the second reanacts the THIS IS SPARTA!!! scene from 300, the third is Bull Rush, which does damage in a line and the fourth makes you glow red and also unkillable for a short while. The active abilities consume adrenaline, which is represented by the four yellow bars under the health indicator. Each ability activation costs one bar of adrenaline. It gets recharged by attacking, dodging, blocking or killing enemies.

N8Iqjqc.jpg

The enemies with symbols outlined with gold are captains, an elite version of normal soldiers that are damage sponges. Right now, Leonidas has to kill 3 of them to progress. This being an Ubisoft AC game, I imagine there will be a lot of this type of bullshit ahead :negative:.

e0QgztE.jpg

Atleast THIS IS SPARTAAAA combined with convenient cliffs makes this go much faster.

kbPyH8o.jpg

CzIWXt8.jpg

The game uses a lock-on system, but fighting groups seems awkward using it, as switching enemies while using it doesn't work all that well.

BSINkhK.jpg

zhnu9H5.jpg

25GhtYl.jpg

Atleast we can always depend on our trusty kick. What is this, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic?

IEHjgt6.jpg

After defeating the 3 captains, we have to go here to trigger a cutscene.

uxohjov.jpg

Unfortunately, it seems the persians started to copy my masterful technique of throwing enemies off cliffs.

CqPeC1r.jpg

5debn6c.jpg

Luckily, Leonidas is here to show everyone who's boss.

TIjVIzR.jpg

Xr9F1i9.jpg

I doubt that, because...

50ISTxG.jpg

...THIS. IS...

N67g2qF.jpg

SPARTAAAAAAA!!!!!!

CFlhumu.jpg

After a minute or so of light attack spamming and occassionaly dodging, Leonidas finally finishes the glowing red guy off with a Spartan Kick.

Leonidas: No match for a spartan!

Well, that's the end of that pointless diversion, I suppose.

gEs0BVB.jpg

Thousands of years later, the spear of Leonidas is found by some arabian archeologist woman and a french-canadian ubisoft employee. I've never played Origins, so I'm not sure if I should recognize any of these people.

8sXsVFE.jpg

As much as people harp on the present day storyline in Assassin's Creed and wish for its complete removal, I actually liked it. That said, it has pretty much been completely pointless after AC 3. Black Flag present day parts were essentially an Ubisoft internship simulator, Unity's might as well have not existed and Syndicate had you follow random vlogs where pretty much nothing happens until the very end.

bm3CpQk.jpg

Layla: Let's start her up.

Victoria: Are you sure we can trust this thing? I mean, this book could be -

Layla: Just start it, Victoria.

Ev5GAgt.jpg

cDezQCf.jpg

Well, hopefully this time the present day conspiracy plot will actually be somewhat relevant.

mqt2kgV.jpg

Layla: *laughs* There's no keeping up with the tech industry these days.

Victoria: I can crank up the simulation to maximum sensory synchronization, if you're up for it.

3DcXhAV.jpg

I'll play on norma for now, as I'm afraid the enemies will take too long to kill on higher difficulties. You do earn more XP if you play on a higher difficulty, which is nice.

dKPe40v.jpg

This makes less of a difference than expected, as it doesn't remove all quest markers, just some. :decline:

Victoria: Listen Layla, before you go off -

Layla: If this book is right, this spear, this story... it will change everything.

Victoria: You're putting a lot of faith in a fairly unreliable source. Historian or not, this guy wrote about magical objects and the will of the gods.

Seeing how so far, the Assassin Order discovered multiple magical objects and met the actual gods, I'd expect way less skepticism at this point.

Layla: He's not Homer. Herodotus was the first recorded historian, so there's a lot more truth in that text than you think.

Layla: I meant, what better way is there of finding Isu artifacts than by trusting in the guy who claimed to meet an actual descendant?

Victoria: I know, but -

Layla: I need you to trust me. You could be right - this spear, this book, it could all be crap. But something tells me it isn't, and I'm certainly not going to let Abstergo find out first.

Victoria: You're right. We haven't got much to lose anyway. There's just one small problem.

Layla: What is it?

Victoria: This manuscript is in rough condition, to say the least. The DNA found on the spear has identified two different individuals.

Victoria: You're going to have to pick which strand of DNA to pursue. The choice is yours.

h0o2jYV.jpg

So, which one should we choose?

Tigranes

Arcane
Jesus christ, that opening battle it's like TTON's druggy-colour wonderland shadow world in first person

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom