Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why is someone removing all gameplay videos from youtube on claim of copyright violation?
Apparently the owner of the music are not Owlcat but the composer. He was not paid enough for making it for the game so he is trying to get his money in other ways.

Emmanuel2

Savant
Done with Hargulka Solo PC on Unfair.

87iRWmF.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
Why is someone removing all gameplay videos from youtube on claim of copyright violation?
Apparently the owner of the music are not Owlcat but the composer. He was not paid enough for making it for the game so he is trying to get his money in other ways.
There's no way they'd include his music in the game without licensing it. So he's either abusing DMCA takedowns or it's the publisher.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's a reason for those lone monsters although, have you explored the well in your capital ?

Ah, yeah... part of the kill 40 monster or whatever number it was. Not sure that helps though, but I guess it gives it some relevance in grand scheme of things.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, that one is deaded.
Turns out Harrim has some serious metal killing plot powers!

Ye gads, with that 49 to hit it had am I glad to have Mirror Image+Concealment!
Ugh! Seriously? They threw "muh NPC has spehshual powez" into the game? Eww! First lazy stat bloat and now this... I am losing hope here...

Harrim can destroy an anvil. Jaethal can resurrect shit ... but only when the plot requires it.
I don't mind him destroying an anvil as a off-screen gag type of comic relief, but to actually have special powers while doing something plot related is retarded DM-ing.

Ugh! Seriously? They threw "muh NPC has spehshual powez" into the game? Eww! First lazy stat bloat and now this... I am losing hope here...

Harrim can destroy an anvil. Jaethal can resurrect shit ... but only when the plot requires it.
I don't mind him destroying an anvil as a off-screen gag type of comic relief, but to actually have special powers while doing something plot related is retarded DM-ing.

The Harrim thing is very well telegraphed.

As part of his backstory right after you meet him, he explains how he tried to be a blacksmith, but everything he touched at the forge turned to shit. This caused a crisis of faith and is why he worships Groetus, not Torlag. He’s a priest of the god of ultimate destruction—it’s more of a divine miracle, albeit an inconvenient one, than a special power.

I haven’t gotten to the Jaethal thing yet, but having heard her backstory—she spent ages learning how to triump over death, which is how she became undead—it also sounds like it’s been well telegraphed.

Parabalus

Arcane

The Harrim thing is very well telegraphed.

As part of his backstory right after you meet him, he explains how he tried to be a blacksmith, but everything he touched at the forge turned to shit. This caused a crisis of faith and is why he worships Groetus, not Torlag. He’s a priest of the god of ultimate destruction—it’s more of a divine miracle, albeit an inconvenient one, than a special power.

I haven’t gotten to the Jaethal thing yet, but having heard her backstory—she spent ages learning how to triump over death, which is how she became undead—it also sounds like it’s been well telegraphed.

You can learn both of these things as soon as you defend Oleg's post.

Cool stuff.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Both instances are in his personal quest.

hexer

Guess I'm paying the karma for abusingi immortal amiri. That naga was bullshit though.
Now game isn't progressing after raiding pitax. i only got a couple of events saying "pitax is winning"...

I had those too and even a "Pitax is victorious" event.
I dunno if it's a bug or not, but it won't be a showstopper

Thonius

Arcane
I have to say, loading into an area... and some areas have like 3 loading screens just to fight one random monster for one random piece of loot is getting old. It seems to happen more and more now at the end chapters. These places on the map have no dialogue, no relevance to anything, just three loading screens to fight a monster. First enter the forest area. Find a portal. Portal lead to "the world between" that has another portal. Which finally leads to "the first world" and there you get a fight a monster in a tiny area, an area which you probably have seen before.

There is so much dead time in the game overall. Especially in the later levels. Traveling takes forever since the distances get fairly large, and you constantly have to go back and forth to get new quests. And don't forget the added bonus of having to rest every 100 meter, and then we have random encounters on top of that. I think I have been attacked by the same air elementals now 10 times. At some points nothing at all happens in your kingdom. You just have wait and sit it out. Boy, this game is exhausting and boring to play currently. I have started to have a movie going, or an audiobook playing, else I would lose my interest. I know I can stop playing, but I wanna see the end after this many hours...
LIKE OBLIVION! BEST RPG!:happytrollboy:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Luckmann https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/3335371283866911944/#c3335371283874077258

did you try this? according to the poster it should work.

edit: to give companions custom portraits.
Fuckin' neato. I'll try this later.

There's no way they'd include his music in the game without licensing it. So he's either abusing DMCA takedowns or it's the publisher.
Well we know since before that the publisher is apparently retarded, so I wouldn't be surprised in the least.
Better question: Why is fucktub entertaining such claims for gameplay vids?
Because they're shit. Depending on agreements with certain organizations and based on local laws, YouTube doesn't even screen some requests, if they come from the 'correct' source, they just assume that it's true. I think all Germans here know what I'm talking about, in particular. There's been cases of owners themselves putting up stuff and then have it taken down due to a request from large industry organizations that doesn't even have the rights to the music in question in any way. It doesn't help that some regions are fucking draconic. But yes, YouTube is retarded for humoring it.

I really don't mind special powers that much, but when they suddenly have no presence within the "mechanical" narrative (i.e. the story being told just by the party fighting or interacting systematically with the game) but is then there the next moment just because there's a supposed "plot moment", I call horseshit.
Has anyone tried to make Harrim a Monk? ;)

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hit 100 damage fireballs on level 10 with my wizord. Was defending capital, hydras, dweomer manticores/wyvers, throw fireball >>>> deff

Metamagic wands are power, I need more, more wands. Sorc/Trickster could do better though, but level 10 also means all my scrolls with Savant feat are now cast at my own level and I have a lot, a lot of fireball scrolls. Poor spiders in Womb of Lamashtu don't know what is coming for them.

:evilcodex:

Cael

Arcane
I really don't mind special powers that much, but when they suddenly have no presence within the "mechanical" narrative (i.e. the story being told just by the party fighting or interacting systematically with the game) but is then there the next moment just because there's a supposed "plot moment", I call horseshit.
It is always the asspull that annoys me. Guy has no mechanical advantage or disadvantage all game and suddenly WHAM! Powez!!!

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hi there!

Please send us an e-mail with a short description of the issue in the subject. The mail address is: technical@owlcatgames.com
what's up with that new bot :lol:

sure I will work for you as beta tester and instead of using perfectly viable steam service will file a report with saves uploaded and go into my mail service and make new topic and attach save and send

if you fucking pay me, at least 1 kg potatoes / bug

Owlcats don't piss off players more than you should, if you're reading this that is my advice. Open fucking Excel document, make a bunch of topics and tabs in it, CTRL-C > CTRL-V > Send your dudes,

YOURSELF.

okay I will do it this once, just because i want muh feats to work correctly for my playthrough

Reinhardt

Arcane
It is always the asspull that annoys me. Guy has no mechanical advantage or disadvantage all game and suddenly WHAM! Powez!!!
You still need to wear golem down in regular combat and deactivate him. Harrim did this stuff with already deactivated golem. And anvil didn't resisted too. Because, well, it's anvil. His ability is not killing metal things.
He just
can destroy dwarven creations which outlasted their service time. In dwarven world even chosen one is just tech service guy

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
You can actually translate that event into a mechanical advantage depending on your choices after doing this quest.

It's also not really an asspull storywise, rather it's an integral part of his character.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Nah, an asspull would've been if it was just made up on the spot, but it's actually pretty well foreshadowed, with subtle hints early on. I don't entirely disagree with you, however. I think that:

It would've been funny if he'd have a hidden bonus modifier on unarmed attacks, and be better at Sundering than everyone else, without ever listing the modifier anywhere, at least until after it's revealed.
We would've all just assumed that it was a bug. :D

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
He is a cleric of the 'destruction' domain. It's not so much of an asspull he can do miracles of destruction.

Cael

Arcane
He is a cleric of the 'destruction' domain. It's not so much of an asspull he can do miracles of destruction.
You can't attribute it to his domain if he had it right from the beginning. He became a cleric of destruction because of his problem.

Now, if Owlcat masked his abiity by blaming it on his destruction domain, that would have been OK. I doubt, however, that was even in the card. They just pulled it out of his ass that he can deactivate Epic level constructs without any mechanical effect (i.e., real ability, not just informed ability) beforehand that he does extra damage or had special abilities vs constructs/items.

Still, it is far better than MotB's Kaelyn. Informed Wisdom 24. Actual Wisdom 3.

Cael

Arcane
They just pulled it out of his ass that he can deactivate Epic level constructs
To deactivate golem you remove key item after knocking it down. Harrim destroys what is left after this.
That is not how an adamantine golem works. Need a Wish or Miracle spell or a vorpal adamantine weapon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom