Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
This is dwarwen golem in dwarven ruins constructed and activated by dwarves.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
So has anyone noticed any reactivity to your race or class yet in the game? One of the merchants in your capital will make a brief reference to you being an Aasimar, but I haven't seen anything else.

Ranarama

Learned
Wow, this game is getting buggier as it goes on. I've noticed a lot of the visitors to the throne have the wrong character models or names. Nothing rendering it unplayable so far.

Also, I seem to have bugged Inspire Greatness to be permanent on three characters.

Reinhardt

Arcane
First half is pretty much playable without any tricks. It's barbarians part and later when bugs start piling up.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Just out of curiosity how does this game handle initiative and are class features and improved initiative worth taking?
As soon as combat begins, everyone can start moving. Before your first turn you are flat-footed (ie no dex/dodge bonus etc to AC). You must also wait your turn to start attacking, casting etc. Initiative boosts are imo worth taking for casters and dex fighters, being able to cast an important spell or take out an important target before everything gets choked up is valuable.

Is the game supposed to explode in activity after end of chapter 4? I went back to my capitol and had 10 events fire after eachother, so now I have 2 companion quests and 2 main quests all running at the same time. I was looking forward to getting some xp by exploring all the map that opened up, now I'm starting to regret trying to end chapter 4 early.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Just out of curiosity how does this game handle initiative and are class features and improved initiative worth taking?
As soon as combat begins, everyone can start moving. Before your first turn you are flat-footed (ie no dex/dodge bonus etc to AC). You must also wait your turn to start attacking, casting etc. Initiative boosts are imo worth taking for casters and dex fighters, being able to cast an important spell or take out an important target before everything gets choked up is valuable.

Is the game supposed to explode in activity after end of chapter 4? I went back to my capitol and had 10 events fire after eachother, so now I have 2 companion quests and 2 main quests all running at the same time. I was looking forward to getting some xp by exploring all the map that opened up, now I'm starting to regret trying to end chapter 4 early.
Yea, I take improved initiative with my tank so less chance of attacks in round one ignoring Dex, Dodge and Fighting Defensively.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Modders are already adding new playable races

PEIzl8p.jpg

Playable Goblin race mod
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/20/?tab=forum&topic_id=7068191

Cael

Arcane
This is dwarwen golem in dwarven ruins constructed and activated by dwarves.
Making excuses for bad writing and lapse in logic is why we get shit like SoD and that HBS game.
Excuses for what? Golem is deactivated after combat, not because of Harrim ability. What he destroys is just pile of metal already.
*sigh* Adamantine golems don't deactivate. They continue to regenerate even when down. The only way to turn them off permanently is to use a Wish/Miracle spell when they are down or cut its head off with an adamantine vorpal weapon, again when it is down. There is no "key component".

They are Epic level monsters, with DR 15/Epic. That's right, even adamantine weapons can't penetrate their DR. You need a +6 or higher weapon, end of story. They are also completely immune to all spells with one exception, so you can forget that, too.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Thot-elf wanted to
set the troll free?
not on my fucking watch! I can see why she is hated in here lol.

kain30

Cipher
I´m right now on the vanishing of vernholm episode. I don´t know if I will continue or wait until the 22nd Or just roam the map to make time. It´s a pain that the 2 rpgs i want to play the most this month are a bugfest.

Dodo1610

Arcane
So has anyone noticed any reactivity to your race or class yet in the game? One of the merchants in your capital will make a brief reference to you being an Aasimar, but I haven't seen anything else.

There is no class reactivity it was cut during development. But there are a few race specific dialogues.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Gotta say that voice acting is very good in the game, there's not much of it, but it's used in good places so far. Quality over quantity if you have to choose, maybe even less than in BG2, which also had nice VA. I haven't played PoE 2 yet, but so far PFKM have had better overall quality in that department too.

D&D 3.5e and Pathfinder aren't perfect rulesets, but it's still a lot better system than what PoE 1 had, buffs, debuffs and CC actually have a very noticeable effect.

Mortmal

Arcane
Hi there!

Please send us an e-mail with a short description of the issue in the subject. The mail address is: technical@owlcatgames.com
what's up with that new bot :lol:

sure I will work for you as beta tester and instead of using perfectly viable steam service will file a report with saves uploaded and go into my mail service and make new topic and attach save and send

if you fucking pay me, at least 1 kg potatoes / bug

Owlcats don't piss off players more than you should, if you're reading this that is my advice. Open fucking Excel document, make a bunch of topics and tabs in it, CTRL-C > CTRL-V > Send your dudes,

YOURSELF.

okay I will do it this once, just because i want muh feats to work correctly for my playthrough
1Kg potatoes is not expensive enough , that's 0.5 euro per bug.It takes far too much time to identify and write a report for each bugs.Let them sort their shit , you owe them nothing.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
They should have hotfixed this weeks ago:

This guy is supposedly "RPG expert" for some gaming site? The utter retardness of "gaming journalists" knows no bounds.
While it is true that it is never specified, the only way you could miss it would be if you never ever opened your spellbook.

With journalists like these, who needs magazines?

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom