Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Denuvo DRM Thread

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mmm yeah I see Witcher 3 on the top 10 of both the Steam and GOG sites more than 3 years after the release... so not only is the game fantastic but it continues to have spectacular sales
The Steam version was cracked pretty much from Day One and the GOG version doesn’t have DRM and it is still doing tremendous buisness for CDR

So that “Oh no without DRM AAA gaming is not feasible” theory is completely wrong... there must be a lot of pirated copies of Witcher 3 but I daresay the fact that it is still selling even though you cab easily pirate it speaks for itself

Mustawd

Well tbf I wish AAA gaming would implode altogether, so maybe it’s just wishful thinking. Also, Im not against pirating in general. I just don’t pirate games.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Pirates hurts sales, but add to the marketing hype by allowing many more people to experience and discuss the game than otherwise possible.

Pirates hurt sales but also increase sales. OK. :kingcomrade:

Right, so... if suddenly piracy, who now somehow is the driving force behind the industry, stopped then publishers will get back to making niche games... because if there are no pirates then certainly the hundreds of millions of people buying games will also disappear. Your logic is flawless.

I hope it gets stronger and stronger every year until one day piracy for games no longer exists. One can dream....

Well, I hope you kill yourself. Or if you insist on hanging on, I also hope that some uncrackable DRM will appear just to hear you cry when you won't be able to play the games anymore.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Folks looks like Ubisoft is trying to block game for people in certain regions. So when you buy by proxy a game for half price or less, and try to run it and activate trough proxy, you can run into problems.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Folks looks like Ubisoft is trying to block game for people in certain regions. So when you buy by proxy a game for half price or less, and try to run it and activate trough proxy, you can run into problems.

This requires, of course, that someone here wants to buy an Ubisoft title in the first place.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Edit: What's up cvv, why so butthurt? Yeah, sorry, you are a DRM cocksucking retard.

For cleverly defending DRM on this here Codex I'm getting paid 100k a month plus two lines of golden coke stretched out on a white belly of a Russian glam model.

You bathe in a bowl in your mama's guest room.

Now who is a retard here?

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Majority of people are dumbfucks who do not know what is torrent, how to crack a game, but they watch their ads and buy AAA everything. No?

Last edited:

Walden

Savant
No, it pretty much changes nothing tax wise, because the money not spent on gaming is usually spent on something else .

And that something else might result in a different tax rate. Ever think of THAT tax man?

Seriously, why am I not your boss right now?
I wouldn't be too sad, consider yourself lucky, against all expectations you can type keys on your keyboard, regardless of what the doctors kept saying to your mother.

Mustawd

No, it pretty much changes nothing tax wise, because the money not spent on gaming is usually spent on something else .

And that something else might result in a different tax rate. Ever think of THAT tax man?

Seriously, why am I not your boss right now?
I wouldn't be too sad, consider yourself lucky, against all expectations you can type keys on your keyboard, regardless of what the doctors kept saying to your mother.

:love:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer

This requires, of course, that someone here wants to buy an Ubisoft title in the first place.
:rpgcodex:
I'm sure Might & Magic 10 is better than anything ever made by most Codex-approved devs and I would have already played it if it was DRM-free.

it's been for weeks already.
oh well, not fully legit cracked, but still working nonetheless.

and while we're at it, looks like hitman 2 too.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
They waited until it would have proper updates and would be playable without bugs, to avoid cracking 10 updates.

Hitman 2 was cracked by new group, and it has issues. So you either need to wait for crackfix, or for proper crack by different group.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Conspiracy returned after 7 months disappearance.

And now they released Tomb raider, Far Cry 5, Total War Warhammer, Hitman 2 proper, and 2019 soccer.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

:rpgcodex:
I'm sure Might & Magic 10 is better than anything ever made by most Codex-approved devs and I would have already played it if it was DRM-free.

In these cases it helps if you don't worry about
piracy.png
. Come on, you're on the codex, a bit of amorality has never hurt anyone

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom