Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I doubt we'll see more large scale DLCs, more like mini content like mega bosses (which are a welcome edition in a game pointedly lacking in high level challenges).

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I doubt we'd see any new content beyond the roadmap that was already announced. Not with those sales.

Maybe if Microsoft acquisition happens and Phil Spencer throws them some money for more content updates as a part of his plan to appease the PC audience. But that sounds like a fabulously optimistic prediction.

I'm not sure if the game needs much more content at this point anyways. BoW was a good storyline DLC and SSS brought plenty of brutal endgame challenges for people who want that sort of thing, They've also did a number of those tiny free DLCs. Add the last DLC which always seemed like the most interesting one, and couple of more Mega Bosses that are already in the plans. With all that it will be a huge fucking game.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
tenor.gif

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thank you for the hints guys. I went to Crookspur and got showered with XP for two quests at the same time, just for setting foot on the island. The slavers were really easy for my lvl 13 party, so now I'm back in Neketaka and officially in bed with this very amicable senior lady named Hazanui Karu. This may be an unenviable position to be in, but it sure is well paid. I got enough XP to send me through the remaining half of lvl 13 and then more than halfway through lvl 14. I'm about 5000 XP from lvl 15 and it looks like I'll be able to accumulate that in the remaining 10 days I have to reach Ukaizo and finish the game. I just hope the guardian will be beatable at lvl 15 on PotD.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am giving up on the challenges run. The palace rooftop combat is too much. Even the combat in the palace's second level is too much but I managed to sneak around it. I am curious about SSS anyway, so I'll be restarting on PotD without challenges, build up a powerful party and see how tough SSS and the megabosses are.

Parabalus

Arcane
The assassin ("Rust") in Delver's Row has a cool custom encounter if you attack him, missed that the first time.

I wonder why JES decided for the PotD enemy buffs to be flat, e.g. for DEF instead of +15 it would probably be better if it were +2/3 per enemy level.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Oh well, was cool to hear about your progress.
I may have had better chance finishing the VTC questline, it doesn't have such tough combat, but I suspect that even then I wouldn't have defeated the guardian on PotD at lvl 15.

Tigranes

Arcane
It's cool that it forced you into changing how you make decisions throughout & even led to failure state, though. I'll try it myself in a few weeks and report here.

Parabalus

Arcane
They added some difficulty to the main quest, doesn't feel like a total pushover anymore.

If they add a simple god challenge which disables empower it should be pretty good. They also fixed AoE weapons hitting primary target twice :bounce:.

To trigger SSS you apparently need to finish Magran's Teeth, which is a bit of a bummer since BoW triggers immediately.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How do you maneuver your ship so that you can get a broadside on the enemy's aft? I want to kill the enemy's sails and then put my own ship in safety behind him and then just keep bombarding him.

So how do you get to that position? Describe the exact steps please.

Ulfhednar

Savant
How do you maneuver your ship so that you can get a broadside on the enemy's aft? I want to kill the enemy's sails and then put my own ship in safety behind him and then just keep bombarding him.

So how do you get to that position? Describe the exact steps please.
You believe this mini game is subtle and requires strategy. That is an illusion. Either hang back and fire > jibe > fire or close distance like a madman to board.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Spamming that 1 key and boarding immediately is what I've been doing if some ship starts a fight with me, works every time.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You play on PotD without a fully optimized party and never have to use it? If so, you're better than me! Admitted I only use it a few times and mostly on casters.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Empower doesn't really make sense in the system and I don't know where they expected us to use it. Seems like it's 'outside' the system somehow. Like I've said before, it's mostly useful for alpha strikes or when something goes wrong and you have to refresh, but it doesn't seem like a thing that should've been in the game or should've had the other systems designed around it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's certainly a very weird and redundant mechanic, but I suspect it's in the game because some fights are so grindy compared to PoE1.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Would have worked better with that Witcher 3-style "If you buy a potion/scroll/whatever you get to use it forever for x times per rest" that Josh ultimately dismissed because he felt it would have angered the grognards too much in his senility.

Parabalus

Arcane
Empower doesn't really make sense in the system and I don't know where they expected us to use it. Seems like it's 'outside' the system somehow. Like I've said before, it's mostly useful for alpha strikes or when something goes wrong and you have to refresh, but it doesn't seem like a thing that should've been in the game or should've had the other systems designed around it.

They could have at least made enemies use it as well.

If they add a simple god challenge which disables empower it should be pretty good.

That would be cool, would prob run it on second playthrough

The best thing about Empower is how easy it is to never use it

After a while you literally forget it exists

You could LARP all the challenges except Galawain's, still nicer to have an official stamp.

Would have worked better with that Witcher 3-style "If you buy a potion/scroll/whatever you get to use it forever for x times per rest" that Josh ultimately dismissed because he felt it would have angered the grognards too much in his senility.

It's why Dumpsterfire sucks so much, it's halfway between worlds and nobody is left satisfied.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom