Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGs where you are a businessman in a fantasy world

Looking for an RPG where instead of trying to be some kind of hero and kill shit you try to to improve your business.
Business is a vague term.Anything like running a mercenary operation, guild, trading thing can work for me.
Criteria: Must be in fantasy medieval setting.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

010pV.jpg

Neanderthal

Arcane
To some extent the NWN2 Crossroad Keep management aspect.
In the Ultima games you can make quite a killing through trade, you just have to learn the market prices.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
I haven't really tried it, but Moonlighter looks like you can play as a merchant while going into combat as a side to gather stuff you want to sell (or the ingredients to craft stuff you want to sell)

It's an Action RPG with rogue-lite elements, though, as the description said.

Cael

Arcane
To some extent the NWN2 Crossroad Keep managent aspect.
In the Ultima games you can make quite a killing through trade, you just have to learn the market prices.
Wait, what? Since when? Which Ultima?

Cael

Arcane
To some extent the NWN2 Crossroad Keep managent aspect.
Wait, what? Since when? Which Ultima?

U7 Buy meat from Butcher in Paws, sell to Nan in Castle British.
Few others I can't remember off hand, gonna have to replay series soon.
Oh, that. Not worth the time. You get virtually unlimited cash simply because you can find the best normal weapons and armour off the corpses of dead humans and you can't really buy the magic stuff anyway. There isn't much to spend gold on, other than spells and reagents and you get more than enough just robbing people like the butcher and the Minoc mines.

Incendax

Augur
Oh, that. Not worth the time. You get virtually unlimited cash simply because I’m totally a psycho, and you can find the best normal weapons and armour off the corpses of dead humans which I devour, and you can't really buy the magic stuff anyway. There isn't much to spend gold on, other than spells and reagents and you get more than enough just robbing people like the butcher and the Minoc mines then bathing in their entrails. Bwahaha!
What’s a paladin?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom