Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The funny thing is that few hundred k$ doesn't matter at all, they burn more than that in a month.

Latelistener

Arcane
Watch what you wish for... you do know how many years they spent making the UI.
And I don't know how in so many years no one said anything about it being shit. Like, you can't just interact with items with one button, first you have to select an item and then use a mouse to choose a specific line. I saw so many times people missing a line so interaction simply goes off and you have to start again. Maybe now it looks ok, but imagine missing that line in the heat of a battle and getting killed because of that.

OOb7utt.jpg

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Oh it will be glorious when it "come out". It will be fucking glorious,incels dropping for the buildings,cars burning in the streets,Chris Roberts barricading his house. I really do hope that i live to see this pile of shit get released :).

Aemar

Arcane
Chris Roberts barricading his house
He doesn't have a choice then, he's bound to do that whether the game gets released or not. Especially if the game doesn't get released. Not because of angry legions of dissapointed fans but because Derek Smart will most probably set up a small tent in front of his house, mocking him through a megaphone day and night. That guy lives only to see this project fail.

Angthoron

Arcane
Oh it will be glorious when it "come out". It will be fucking glorious,incels dropping for the buildings,cars burning in the streets,Chris Roberts barricading his house. I really do hope that i live to see this pile of shit get released :).
Nah, idiots will just say "At least he had the ambition to try, suck it, EA fanboys" and other assortment of stupid crap.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
This is actually pretty cool but ARE THEY SERIOUS? How much fidelity they want to add before creating a game... oh wait... they don't want a game. They just want to show off "cool things". That's the whole ticket. Face Tracking is a thing that shouldn't even be considered at this point in development. How much longer will the backers of the game support these ridiculous antics?

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
How much longer will the backers of the game support these ridiculous antics?
They seem to have a great relationship (albeit not a healthy one). Reminds me of some Scientology shit, or any other sect of similar nature.

It is very much like Scientology, you put more money in and you are treated like a VIP, and you become part of this fantasy world where SC is a reality. Much like religion Chris Roberts is feeding off intangible stuff like hopes, dreams and desires. These people want to believe and he is selling them a dream.

I think in large part it is Stockholm syndrome/sunk cost fallacy. They have poured 100s, 1000s of dollars into the game, they are desperate to see something come of that, so they are now trapped within the cult of Roberts and will continue to throw money at him, and fight tooth and nail against detractors. This is why you see such rabid fanboism from the SC community, internally they are utterly terrified that the project will fail and this insecurity makes them lash out and behave like psychopaths.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

Would have been more impressive if the face didn't look like it was done in Oblivion.

I have a feeling those guys made a big mistake going for space game. They should have made an MMO and be done with it.

200 Million says it wasnt a big mistake at all-

The mistake was from those giving money and expecting a decent game resembling what they've been led to believe-

I'm sure Crobbers and co. arew laughing all the way to the bank... This "mistake" is the best thing thats ever happened to them.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
They dropped a surprise update in the latest test server patch; in the new build players are able to buy ships with in-game currency for the first time ever. This will open up gameplay like mining to all backers without them having to drop $140 irl on the mining ship. things are really starting to come together!

GreyViper

Prophet
Last info was, that you'd have to do lots of combat missions to grind out the money to buy ships. On the same news expect rework of payments for various rewards.
Honestly, I want the Squadron 42 to come out and play successor to wing commander.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Really hilarious, they will reset servers on 3 month interval basis but some of the ships require more than 3 month grinds to permanently buy, Chris Roberts, you crafty one and I thinking you would miss the opportunity to make even more money.:lol:

Angthoron

Arcane
Someone tried to do missions in the current PTU to see how quickly they would earn enough to buy a ship.

Sadly, they managed to turn a negative income since the game keeps crashing or bugging out, resulting in the loss of your ship.

Also, mind you, some ships have "lifetime insurance". However, the ones you buy from a store with "credits" will not - unless you buy "insurance" (is it even in, yet?).

So basically chances are, you'll grind a month or two to get a ship and then get it shot out of the sky by some random fuck that just rams his starter ship into yours and big woop, that was your 2 months' time investment, congrats, champ, why don't you buy it with real money instead.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Right now there are only beginner level missions in the game that pay out around 5000 UEC/hour. People are extrapolating from that to estimate how long it will take to earn enough to buy a ship, but that's under the assumption that they'll be doing the same beginner missions for the same rewards for hundreds of hours.

Also, mind you, some ships have "lifetime insurance". However, the ones you buy from a store with "credits" will not - unless you buy "insurance" (is it even in, yet?).
Buying insurance isn't in the test builds yet. I think the idea is that until they implement insurance and full persistence that you will be able to claim the ships you buy in-game the same as the pledge ships.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yes, so to do advanced level missions you'll probably need advanced level ships. Kekekek.

Always a great idea to start selling things before you have built and balanced the economy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom