Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Tristian not having the healing domain is one of the many examples of "Owlcat doesn't want you to have nice things." I know he's bugged, but even if he wasn't; the Good domain? Really? Come. On. What a terrible pick. Fire + Healing is way better, his deity even has access to healing. Free Empower on all cure spells? Hell yes.

Tristian is what caused me to splurge 18k gold and create a custom cleric..... after adding 18k with a save editor

Or you can just respec him with the respec mod...if you're gonna create merc to replace the companion, who can be easily respecced, what's the point?

Respec mod seemed really iffy in an already buggy game, just adding some gold seemed the safest choice.

Perhaps. I've used it a bit but I haven't seen any issues yet though. Some of the companions have more points than you can get without editors, if you respec Jaethal, you have to give her the original distribution either with editor or cheat engine.

The game feels huge, at least so far. Just did the troll invasion and killed Hargulka, man he was tough, hold person was a life person...should it work on trolls?

Edit: fucking hell, was suppose to write life saver. Herp Derp.

Last edited:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Tristian not having the healing domain is one of the many examples of "Owlcat doesn't want you to have nice things." I know he's bugged, but even if he wasn't; the Good domain? Really? Come. On. What a terrible pick. Fire + Healing is way better, his deity even has access to healing. Free Empower on all cure spells? Hell yes.

Tristian is what caused me to splurge 18k gold and create a custom cleric..... after adding 18k with a save editor

Or you can just respec him with the respec mod...if you're gonna create merc to replace the companion, who can be easily respecced, what's the point?

Respec mod seemed really iffy in an already buggy game, just adding some gold seemed the safest choice.

Perhaps. I've used it a bit but I haven't seen any issues yet though. Some of the companions have more points than you can get without editors, if you respec Jaethal, you have to give her the original distribution either with editor or cheat engine.

The game feels huge, at least so far. Just did the troll invasion and killed Hargulka, man he was tough, hold person was a life person...should it work on trolls?
We had a discussion on this. Yes it should work in Pathfinder (but not in 3.5) if I recall correctly.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
only the main character gets 25 points
go hire a companion, you'll only get 20 points

what about story comps? are their default attributes 20 or 25 points' worth? could you do me a solid and check? I already changed my story companions stats... need to know if i need to change them again, down to a 20 point spread.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
the knight bracer is a meme and there s only 9 of 10 parts in the game right?

what about story comps? are their default attributes 20 or 25 points' worth? could you do me a solid and check? I already changed my story companions stats... need to know if i need to change them again, down to a 20 point spread.

some have even more than 25, thou obviously not optimized

Codex Year of the Donut

I don't even have the game installed :shittydog:

Codex Year of the Donut

I actually completed the knight bracer my very first save, but that was in the 1.0 version. They might have fucked up and removed a piece in a hotfix.
FWIW, I never completed it in my second save.

RegionalHobo

Scholar

I actually completed the knight bracer my very first save, but that was in the 1.0 version. They might have fucked up and removed a piece in a hotfix.
FWIW, I never completed it in my second save.

any other game and i would say i just missed it, but with this game i'm almost sure you are right lmao, thanks for the info bro

Israfael

Arcane
I'd say they should have split the game in two halves, since first three acts seem to be not that bugged as compared to the other half of the game. It's already quite long for an RPG, so no one would probably complain

Mortmal

Arcane
Is your barony super wealthy or something
I said "kingdom"
Except your holdings is what? A town and a couple of villages. Such kingdom, so much kingdomness.
I take it you are pretty bad with history then. It seem you haven't heard about the glorious Holy Roman Empire?!
Also you play as a baron...
What has Holy Roman Empire has to do with anything? It was larger than today's Germany for its whole history until its dissolution in early 1800s during Napoleonic era. Talking about "bad with history"...
Also I never said that you didn't.
It was made by small baronies and duchies that were no bigger than the one in the game. It was not a real country but a collective of such small states with similar culture.

Heres the kingdom of navarra and neighbors, few towns too, not so impressive either.
1002px-Reino_de_Navarra_Sancho_VII_el_Fuerte.svg.png

And the empire of Trebizond:
One big city only:

gestalt11

Arbiter

What I do when I start over is not level up in Oleg's Trade Post until after the fending off the bandits so I can recruit custom mercs for 100 gold each (yes 100g regardless of Eight Eyes saying it's 500) I create a bunch of mercs so I can customize my party all game long. Which to be honest given I have restarted so many times is not that long... :oops:

There really is no point in waiting, you can edit yourself in the appropriate amount of money in 30 seconds. Its all just plain text files in an archive. Just search for "money" I believe.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
L0L

At part where you split party... game just frteezes... it looks like the gnome spammed his ending dialogue about portal and the game just sits there ... HAHAHA.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Welp I just threw in the towel. I persisted through a few bugged quests and minor inconveniences, but what finally did me in was a bug preventing me from levelling up advisors and kingdom ranks.

This means I am completely unable to deal with events that have a dc of 25+ (which by the point i'm at, seems like most of them), locking me in a spiral of failure as I lose stats because I fail, and I fail because I can't get my stats up, and my kingdom is always crumbling (giving me another -4 penalty to my advisors).
Also pitax is somehow winning the war even though I killed the pitax king ages ago.

Such a shame, I've played my fair share of buggy rpgs on release (spellforce 3 anyone?) but this is the first time it was severe enough to actually put me off a game completely.

Anyways looking forward to coming back to this game once all the kinks have been sorted out, and for the love of all that is holy, put a friggin exit room at the throne room or at least optimize loading times for the capital.

On a random note:

The story's refreshinginly simple, with a clear motivation laid out right from the beginning.

This reminds me of something that actually did annoy me at the very start of the game... Wtf are you the ONLY one who seems to want the reward? Everyone else seems to give up on it so friggin easily or have no interest in the promised barony, meekly surrendering themselves to your service regardless of background. Heck at first I respected the gnome pitax spy because he was the only one actually challenging you and seemingly doing something to win the quest, except nope, turns out he doesn't care about it either and is just there to do his top secret mission.

The starting premise was fun, you're just part of a large bunch all gathered together in the hopes of scoring your own kingdom.. And then it turns out no one cares about that and just tag along with you because...reasons. For Lindzi it made sense, she wants to fangirl follow someone around to write her book and I can give Amiri a pass as she just seems to like to kill things but I dunno wtf the others didn't just leave after hearing the promised reward had no interest for them.
My immersion damnit!

This is one reason why characters like Jubilost and Nok Nok became my favorites, the way you recruit them felt more natural.

Ibbz

Augur
No hotfix today?? hmmm... I think the Ruskies are running away with our money...
Coming tomorrow apparently - rather they take an extra day than introduce another 'feature' such as stat increases repeatedly stacking.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How does the kingdom building compare to previous attempts (Crossroad keep, or Dragon Age: Awakening stronghold) when it comes to management itself, and integration with the roleplaying part?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
This game is so cute. L0L Got through finally though I don't know if it is because I exited the game or lowered settings to do so. :p LMAO If it wasn't so fun this game would be in the trash. The bugs are spammed worse than the game's spiders. :p

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom