Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disgaea 5 Complete released on Steam

Reinhardt

Arcane
It's ded?

deama

Prophet
Well at least it is better than to release in broken state.
I don't think it was broken though (other than people figuring out how to unlock the full game), or unoptimised; I'm thinking they're putting in some shit like denuvo and are gonna have that private beta to see if it fucks with the game too much or not.

Perkel

Arcane
I don't think it was broken though (other than people figuring out how to unlock the full game), or unoptimised; I'm thinking they're putting in some shit like denuvo and are gonna have that private beta to see if it fucks with the game too much or not.

NIS america is fucking trash and every release from them had PC issues. Which is why probably they are delaying it and making beta. YS8 had issues and they patched it up few weeks after release but stink about it last for months.

deama

Prophet

NIS america is fucking trash and every release from them had PC issues. Which is why probably they are delaying it and making beta. YS8 had issues and they patched it up few weeks after release but stink about it last for months.
Didn't Disgae 5 have a beta/demo earlier this year and it ran fine?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Isn't every Disgaea just a reskin of itself every year?
That implies it comes out every year.

And no, mechanics are changed, ungraded, updated, new maps, new story etc. They usually add something a little crazy in each title.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I would have been so hyped for this a year ago. Siralim has filled that niche for me now pretty much completely. Missed the fucking boat NIS.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
October release, price lowered: https://steamcommunity.com/games/803600/announcements/detail/1697181755640793574

Update to Disgaea 5 Complete Pricing and Release Window

Hello everyone,

First of all, we'd like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that the delay of Disgaea 5 Complete for PC has caused everyone. Today, we have an update for those who have been waiting. We are lowering our price for the title from the original $49.99 (discounted for pre-purchasers to $39.99), now to $39.99 (now available to pre-purchasers for $29.99). The Digital Dood edition of the game, which includes the standard game and art book, will be available for $42.73 (available for pre-purchase for $32.75).

Those who pre-purchased the game back in May will be automatically upgraded to receive the art book from the Digital Dood Edition, free of charge, by purchasing the standard version of the game. Those that did not pre-purchase the title in May will need to purchase the Digital Dood Edition to receive the art book included with purchase.

For those that have already pre-purchased, we thank you for your patience and appreciation. To make sure that no overcharging will occur and ensure the best price for all users, we have requested Valve to refund all purchases of the game to this date. Should you want to repurchase the title, you can now do so on this page and receive the newly lowered price.

This special pricing will continue one week after release of the game. Disgaea 5 Complete will arrive on Steam in October, with a new closed beta test arriving in September. Make sure to follow us on Twitter (@NISAmerica) for immediate updates and notifications regarding the beta.

Thank you for your patience, and we hope you look forward to the game's launch in October.

Sincerely,
NIS America, Inc.

deama

Prophet
Anyone know whats happening with disgaea 5? Supposed to be some sort of beta in october?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://gematsu.com/2018/10/disgaea-5-complete-for-pc-launches-october-22

Disgaea 5 Complete for PC launches October 22

Disgaea 5 Complete will launch for PC via Steam on October 22 for $39.99, publisher NIS America announced. The game will be available at a discount price of $29.99 until October 29.

NIS America is collaborating with Alienware Arena to give out demo codes to users who sign-up for an account here. Save data from the demo can be carried over to the main game.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I looked up this Siralim thing, it looks... interesting.
I've played 1 and 2. It's "Grind: the grindening", but the combat doesn't feel good most of the time, and the "700 monsters" are reskins. It's a hard sell, you need to love grinding more than core gameplay to enjoy it.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wait is this game even good at all? What are we anxiously waiting for NIS to ship an actually complete port of.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
FINALLY! A game that surpasses Planescape Torment in grinding mechanics!

Perkel

Arcane
hmmm hmmm hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm
I don't know why but i want to try 5th.
I spend shitload of time playing 3rd and i liked it but i eventually got burned by grind but still it was nice romp for 80 hours.

Jinn

Arcane
So this is supposed to be the best Disgaea game, right? I haven't played any of the series since playing about half of the first one around when it came out on PS2. This has actually piqued my interest in the series again. Going to keep an eye out for impressions in this thread.

flyingjohn

Arcane
So this is supposed to be the best Disgaea game, right? I haven't played any of the series since playing about half of the first one around when it came out on PS2. This has actually piqued my interest in the series again. Going to keep an eye out for impressions in this thread.
Last time i checked each new game iterates on the old one in terms of game play so game play wise yeah.
But story wise everybody seems to love the first disgaea the most.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
"Complete": http://nisamerica.com/blog/notes-steam-version-disgaea-5-complete

NOTES FOR STEAM VERSION OF DISGAEA 5 COMPLETE
A NOTICE ON DIFFERENCES IN PLATFORM BASED CONTENT

With Disgaea 5 Complete now available on Steam, we wanted to take an opportunity to clarify some of the key differences between Disgaea 5 Complete on Steam versus other platforms. We hope this small update clears up any confusion you may experience as you jump into the world of Disgaea 5 Complete.

The following network items are not available on the Steam version of Disgaea 5 Complete:

Data Shop
• Everybody’s NW, Someone’s Records

Netherworld Edit Shop
• Netherworld Network, User Netherworld

Map Edit Shop
• Facility Removed

Settings
• User Netherworld, User News

Strategy Assembly
• Spread News to Everyone!, Give Item to a Friend!

Netherworld Hub
• Map Edit Shop NPC

Due to irreconcilable platform differences, it was decided in the beginning of development for Disgaea 5 Complete that the Network functions from the original game could not be implemented into the Steam version. We deeply apologize that these differences were not communicated in advance, and we appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. We would like to remind all users that Steam purchases come with a option to fully refund the purchase if total playtime has not exceeded 2 hours.

For more information, or if you would like to report any further issue you may find, please join us in the forums here!

We are humbled and grateful for the overwhelming passion and excitement that you, the fans, have shown us in the weeks leading up to the release of Disgaea 5 Complete on PC. Thank you for your support, doods.

They posted this after people on Steam forums raising the issues. Great communication as always!

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I couldn't care less about those features but that's still a dick move, holy fuck.

Aaaaand the game won't launch. Apparently it requires a specific windows update, which in turn requires another windows update, which, iirc, is the update that allows windows to update itself even when you've disabled automatic updates. Fuuuuuck that.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom