Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How about another RPG Codex Top 70 RPGs poll?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Soo what do you think it will be number 1? Twitcher 3,Divinity original bore 2,Dumpsterfire or maybe something new and progressive like Asscreed greek niggers?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Soo what do you think it will be number 1? Twitcher 3,Divinity original bore 2,Dumpsterfire or maybe something new and progressive like Asscreed greek niggers?

All of them !
A tie at the top of the selection.

And then, we rename the 1st position : "the garbage dump" and we remove it from the list.
:timetoburn:

Martyr

Arcane
felipepepe there needs to be a discussion on which games to add to the poll before creating that poll !
The previous Top 72 games + the Top 25 from the age of incline games + the top RPGs from the past 2 years?
yeah, but I'd also love to have games like Demise: Ascension, Thunderscape, Natuk, Siege of Avellone Avalon, Frayed Knights, Prelude to Darkness, Soulbringer and so on as an option in the poll.
I don't think many people would vote for games like these, but who knows.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Have people vote for the games they want to vote on and then make the vote, "worst games on this list." It should be a more interesting poll to see the results of.

V_K

Arcane
felipepepe there needs to be a discussion on which games to add to the poll before creating that poll !
The previous Top 72 games + the Top 25 from the age of incline games + the top 10 RPGs from each of the past 2 years?
I think it'd be better to do two stages - nomination phase and voting phase. With some additional rules that the people would only nominate games they're planning to give a positive vote to.
Mixing together different tops doesn't strike me as a great idea because:
- different polls were using different methodologies;
- some of them were codexers only, some open to all with a link (plus bots);
- the Codex user base has changed somewhat over the years
- some games might have gotten reassessed over the years (i.e. didn't make the top back then but might have now).

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The previous Top 72 games + the Top 25 from the age of incline games + the top RPGs from the past 2 years?
yeah, but I'd also love to have games like Demise: Ascension, Thunderscape, Natuk, Siege of Avellone Avalon, Frayed Knights, Prelude to Darkness, Soulbringer and so on as an option in the poll.
I don't think many people would vote for games like these, but who knows.
The Top 70 had an open vote system, you could list any game... of those you wrote, only Soulbringer and Prelude to Darkness had votes: 2 each, out of 1024 people voting.

There are some exceptions we could add again, like Path of Exile, which has greatly improved over the years, but I don't see the point in having hundreds of entries.

Martyr

Arcane
The Top 70 had an open vote system, you could list any game... of those you wrote, only Soulbringer and Prelude to Darkness had votes: 2 each, out of 1024 people voting.

There are some exceptions we could add again, like Path of Exile, which has greatly improved over the years, but I don't see the point in having hundreds of entries.

alternatively you could also create another poll, featuring the best indie/ little known RPGs that are worth playing, including the ones I mentioned and many many more.

The previous Top 72 games + the Top 25 from the age of incline games + the top 10 RPGs from each of the past 2 years?

In that case, I request 2 additional games to be added that probably won't based on the criteria above:

Vulture for NetHack
Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think these important Top RPG of All Time votes should be modeled after the most democratic and unbiased voting practices available to make sure all Codexers can make their voices heard. I propose we model the upcoming vote based on American electoral voting systems that are well-known throughout the world to be democratic and thoroughly unbiased.

So without further ado,

I modestly propose the following improvements to the Codex Top RPGs of All Time Poll
:

- All voters must register 1 month in advance as either a Biofag or a Bethestard to be eligible to vote.
- Lariantards, Obsidifags and other minor party representatives should be banned and completely excluded for the conversation until all votes have been cast.
- Biofags and Bethestards should be allowed 1,5 years to troll each other before the voting takes place to make sure everyone voting knows which party has the best trolls (=which party they should vote for).
- Biofag and Bethestard party leaders (aka "super fags" and "super tards", respectively) should have 100 votes instead of 1 to make sure the party's true views are correctly represented.
- Biofags and Bethestards should be allowed to use corporate sponsor money to bribe Codex moderators to accidentally "misplace" votes.
- Votes should be calculated using the most archaic methods possible and the calculation should be done in multiple different voting regions separately and during different dates (because reasons).
- All votes do not need to be counted before announcing the final results (because reasons).
- After the results have been announced, the losing party should be allowed to blame Russian bots for distorting the results.

No system is perfect, but I firmly believe this tried-and-true model will lead Codex to a new age of Inclusiveness and Plurality.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom