Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
So after reading steam forums - people can't leave capital and can't talk to Hassuf so no more bp buying...

Reinhardt

Arcane
Maybe i'll just go and play Warriors Orochi 4 aka Kill Billion Chinese People until big patch is released.:negative:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Finished the game, after using cheat engine. The last chapeter has a lot of issues. At the end of the game, starting by Naryssa's Palace, the bugs are gamebreaking: the monsters (the wild scouts) instantly paralyze your chars at the beginning of the battle, so unless you have freedom of movement scrolls or spells, you can't continue; if you fight medusas, after the battle you characters will be petrified one by one, even though you've already defetead them; if you fought againts the mandragora swarms ( which by the way, will instantly kill your melee fighters through strength damage), after the battle you chars will be stuck, but after few seconds they should be able to move again; the enchamente spell won't work if you save/load; you lose companions if you didn't do their companion quest, but because some compaion quest were bugged (Amiri ), I could not proceed with some, and you lose them anyway, you can workaround with some scrolls for the companions who are killed by Naryssa, but still it is annoying; enemies won't attack me in battle, they stand still and take damage with no reaction. Also, the "puzzle" to get the last key is a mess, because you have to resort to the try and error strategy.

Overall, Pathfinder Kingamaker tries to be a cRPG and a Kingdom management. The cRPG part is good and the build character is so deep that it allows a huge range of choices and team composition. The enemies are very diversified and they can easily decimate your team without the right potions or scrolls or spells. The problem is that the game is based on the pathfinder ruleset, but it does not provide any important infos or tools to understand the enemies that you face during the adventure. Yeah, sure, you can check in the internet what is the AC of the trolls, but who can assure that the devs followed faithfully the guidelines when they were creating the enemies?

Instead, the kingdom management is tedium and annoying. There are almost no rewards for managing the kingdom, unless earning BP, which are coins used to improve your kingdom or doing projects, only for the sake of earning more BP. The only reason the game incite the player to manage the kingdom is to avoid the game over, which can be easily achieved by setting it off in the option menu. What are the reasons to check constantly if things are alright in my kingdom or doing projects if I do get almost nothing in return? The only rewards I get was some guys who usually give me objects, such as weapons, armors and potion that are okish, and a +1 in attack rools in the claimed regions, and that's it. Consider also that you should periodicallt go back to your capital after 1 or 2 quests, which takes almost 2 or more minutes because of the loading screens and the travel system. You can set to auto for the kingomd management, but since the game is bugged, I would not reccomand it.

The main quests are time limited, and the game informs you of it, but the companion quest are time limited as well and there are no indication of the time.

Each loading screen usually takes 10-20 seconds, thus making the game more annoying.

And last, your experience as a player will be ruined by thousands of bugs, some of them are just silly things, while others are gamebreaking, and ruing your chars build.

The game is a 6 out of 10, it could be even better if it was released polished, but it could be even MORE better if was without the management system.
What level was your party at the end?

Last edited by a moderator:

CaesarCzech

Scholar

Ziggy

Scholar
well pitax is still fucked goddammit motherfucker its been eight days since i played im getting the shakes

ArchAngel

Arcane

Ziggy

Scholar
How playable is this now? Can I finally start it or better to wait 2 years for patches and dlc?

as been said in this thread before, its perfectly playable for about half the game, then its mostly playable for another chapter, and then you're absolutely fucked
but you'll get about fifty hours of mostly bug free experience so you might get to the later parts just by the time they fix the worst problems. go ahead it's worth it anyway

ArchAngel

Arcane
How playable is this now? Can I finally start it or better to wait 2 years for patches and dlc?

as been said in this thread before, its perfectly playable for about half the game, then its mostly playable for another chapter, and then you're absolutely fucked
but you'll get about fifty hours of mostly bug free experience so you might get to the later parts just by the time they fix the worst problems. go ahead it's worth it anyway
I am over 100h into the game and I am still at start of Act 3. For completionists, there is way more than 50h of bug free experience.

Ziggy

Scholar
They fix these bugs from happening to new players, seems most of the time existing saves are not fixed.

loaded the save standing right before the guy at pitax royal academy, still couldn't talk to him. loaded right before going there from the castle, went to the place, still couldnt talk to him. loaded way before even entering pitax, went to the academy, and it's still broken

Aemar

Arcane
Quite playable right now, but the thing that really bothers me is the loading time, which is really absurd, due to the Unity engine being garbage.

drgames

Scholar
I do not know if there are more content, as I did not fully explore the entire map, but because due of bugs and since you can't go back from Naryssa's palace, I rushed to the end.

Quite playable right now, but the thing that really bothers me is the loading time, which is really absurd, due to the Unity engine being garbage.

It is playable until you reach naryssa's palace or pitax, so the first 100 hours are ok.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Regarding levels and xp, the late game contains optional skill checks that reward tens of thousands of xp each. For instance, I've seen numerous 45 DC persuasion checks that give approximately 60,000 xp.

Funnily enough, the codex side quest is actually the biggest spike of xp I've seen in the game, containing numerous 45 DC skill checks that reward 200,000 to 500,000 xp when all's said and done.

Mortmal

Arcane
Finished the game, after using cheat engine. The last chapeter has a lot of issues. At the end of the game, starting by Naryssa's Palace, the bugs are gamebreaking: the monsters (the wild scouts) instantly paralyze your chars at the beginning of the battle, so unless you have freedom of movement scrolls or spells, you can't continue; if you fight medusas, after the battle you characters will be petrified one by one, even though you've already defetead them; if you fought againts the mandragora swarms ( which by the way, will instantly kill your melee fighters through strength damage), after the battle you chars will be stuck, but after few seconds they should be able to move again; the enchamente spell won't work if you save/load; you lose companions if you didn't do their companion quest, but because some compaion quest were bugged (Amiri ), I could not proceed with some, and you lose them anyway, you can workaround with some scrolls for the companions who are killed by Naryssa, but still it is annoying; enemies won't attack me in battle, they stand still and take damage with no reaction. Also, the "puzzle" to get the last key is a mess, because you have to resort to the try and error strategy.

Overall, Pathfinder Kingamaker tries to be a cRPG and a Kingdom management. The cRPG part is good and the build character is so deep that it allows a huge range of choices and team composition. The enemies are very diversified and they can easily decimate your team without the right potions or scrolls or spells. The problem is that the game is based on the pathfinder ruleset, but it does not provide any important infos or tools to understand the enemies that you face during the adventure. Yeah, sure, you can check in the internet what is the AC of the trolls, but who can assure that the devs followed faithfully the guidelines when they were creating the enemies?

Instead, the kingdom management is tedium and annoying. There are almost no rewards for managing the kingdom, unless earning BP, which are coins used to improve your kingdom or doing projects, only for the sake of earning more BP. The only reason the game incite the player to manage the kingdom is to avoid the game over, which can be easily achieved by setting it off in the option menu. What are the reasons to check constantly if things are alright in my kingdom or doing projects if I do get almost nothing in return? The only rewards I get was some guys who usually give me objects, such as weapons, armors and potion that are okish, and a +1 in attack rools in the claimed regions, and that's it. Consider also that you should periodicallt go back to your capital after 1 or 2 quests, which takes almost 2 or more minutes because of the loading screens and the travel system. You can set to auto for the kingomd management, but since the game is bugged, I would not reccomand it.

The main quests are time limited, and the game informs you of it, but the companion quest are time limited as well and there are no indication of the time.

Each loading screen usually takes 10-20 seconds, thus making the game more annoying.

And last, your experience as a player will be ruined by thousands of bugs, some of them are just silly things, while others are gamebreaking, and ruing your chars build.

The game is a 6 out of 10, it could be even better if it was released polished, but it could be even MORE better if was without the management system.
Ah the wild scout , just encountered them after pitax, during the curse fight. One encounter completely out of touch once again, they paralyze everything with a big range , even with a sea of summons surrrounding party its trouble. Would require every char in party to be able to cast freedom spells or use scrolls.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom