Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
They should've gotten someone to narrate the trailer, I think it would make a big difference with many possible backers.

Ivan

Arcane
Hmm, where have I heard: we took the X of game A, the Y of game B, and the Z of game c to create the perfect concoction of RPG...

Bohr

Arcane
Hope they get a bit of press coverage in the early stages of the KS

JTuwTsl6_o.png

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Its not just that the trailer lacks narration. In case of a Kickstarter you should always have a personal element, that is some developer who tells us lies why they want to make the game, why they need KS and so on. A successful KS is not just about making a good game, it needs some emotional hooks to give the backers the feeling they are participating in something special.
Thats part of the reason why many KS use phrases like 'journey together' blabla but that can easily become a hollow phrase, obviously it needs to be backed up by authenticity. Which should be the case, afaik Hobgoblin has put a lot of personal funding into this.

Anyway, this looks damn good. Backed. Now lets have a Codex fundraiser and put Jarl Frank back into the game! :positive:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh wow that's a nice pitch! Someone has put a lot of work into it!

So.. umm, the version included on the DVD/USB... I'm guessing it's the usual Kickstarter deal... no updates ever?
It comes with a digital version too, but I don't understand...

These days, most physical copies just have a Steam key printed inside the box and the DVD becomes essentially useless.
Here, you will actually be able to install the game from the DVD/USB, completely DRM-free. Just like in the old days!

Yes, the lack of a narrator in the video is kinda unusual. But KS pitch videos can be edited during the campaign, and maybe the devs will commission narration and add it in later to spice it up a bit. Who knows.

Now the only question is: who'll grab the Secret Society? Codex or Watch?
Don't let the Watch win!

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Its not just that the trailer lacks narration. In case of a Kickstarter you should always have a personal element, that is some developer who tells us lies why they want to make the game, why they need KS and so on. A successful KS is not just about making a good game, it needs some emotional hooks to give the backers the feeling they are participating in something special.
Nah, I don't think so.
The trailer is fine, even if a bit too long (I wouldn't go past five minutes in a KS trailer). Though I do agree a narrator would have been better. Maybe they didn't want to do it themselves due to a thick accent? :lol:

That personal stuff always makes me cringe, so I'm glad its not here. I care more about what people have worked on and how they try to convince that they can pull it off - what they put in the team section is more than enough for that.

I really don't think anyone is convinced by that personal begging.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom