Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

IronMaiden

Novice
Backed. If they accomplish half of what they are shooting for, it will be incredible.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
These days, most physical copies just have a Steam key printed inside the box and the DVD becomes essentially useless.
Here, you will actually be able to install the game from the DVD/USB, completely DRM-free. Just like in the old days!

Well yeah, but will that version receive updates just like the Steam or GOG one? Or it is gonna be still essentially useless like say, the Wasteland 2 disc version was?

Also my question was more about the digital version hoping it's not limited to Steam. But I was looking at the $100 tier where the wording was not clear to me. The $75 one specifies that it's Steam or DRM-Free platform.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Just backed this but if there's no tasteful rape and foot fetish in the game I'm gonna spread lies on the internet about the project being led by Richard Nixon.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
These days, most physical copies just have a Steam key printed inside the box and the DVD becomes essentially useless.
Here, you will actually be able to install the game from the DVD/USB, completely DRM-free. Just like in the old days!

Well yeah, but will that version receive updates just like the Steam or GOG one? Or it is gonna be still essentially useless like say, the Wasteland 2 disc version was?

Also my question was more about the digital version hoping it's not limited to Steam. But I was looking at the $100 tier where the wording was not clear to me. The $75 one specifies that it's Steam or DRM-Free platform.

The Early Access and combat beta are limited to Steam, as far as the reward tiers say. The digital version will also be available DRM-free, probably GoG I'd guess.

Don't know about the retail version but it shouldn't be much work to create updates for a version that's independent of Steam or GoG. Considering how much the team cares about oldschool gaming and gamers, they probably will patch the retail version too since the box has always been planned as something that will be sold after the KS, too, rather than being limited only to the KS as an exclusive backer edition.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014

Mortmal

Arcane
It is now time that that wuss HobGoblin42 should overcome his Codex induced PTSD anxiety and post here again to answer some questions. The Watch is down anyway.

No, once, they jailed me here and I don't forget.

Come to our comfy place, where I will answer your questions. And where all kind of politics are strictly prohibited: https://www.realms-beyond.com/forum

And back our game.
Good Kickstarter video for us at least, but when i show it to a friend, a non codexer one, first impressions are he likes what he see, but who are those guys ? And why are they asking so little money for this ?
Of course i could enlighten him about your prestigious career producing wii dance like games and also albion, but most people dont know you . They may not trust and be reluctant to buy , for 100k people are expectign a very small game and dont know this game development started ages ago.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
In Realms Beyond, you will find the tactical turn-based combat of the Gold Box Games, Temple of Elemental Evil and Dark Sun, the world exploration and camp management of Realms of Arkania, the interactivity and living world of Ultima, the choice-driven quests and reactivity of Fallout and Arcanum, and the rich NPC interaction of Baldur’s Gate and Planescape Torment, along with fresh new features that haven’t been seen before in the genre.

A bustling open world spanning entire continents

And all that just for 115k!

It is going to be a disaster and will rival Kangfinder for the number of poor souls who perished in a coding dungeon.

Still backing it, of course!
:takemymoney:

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ahhh, haven't backed a game in a good while now. Last time I bet on Underworld Ascendant and we all know how that one's turning out.
But fuck me, I was hype for Chaos Chronicles and this for so long. It sounds and looks just absolutely lovely.
Time to roll the dice again.

Backed for 35 eurobux. Make this game happen, you damned krauts.

daveyd

Savant
Backed. If it has ToEE quality combat but with a better story this will be my favorite CRPG of all time.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Kickstarter desperately needs voice-over/personal introduction earlier though. Not that I personally care, but a lot of people are going to tune out without it. InXile basically sold Wasteland on the KS video alone.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
One will notice the quiver can now stack more than 20 arrows... ;)

RB_Kickstarter_Sheet.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom